Thoughts on a 360CS?

Destructo

My best friend is in the market for a clean Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale.

He knows I'm connected here in the Lamborghini community, but asked if I could dig up some information on the market for a 360CS.

To be fair, I've loved that car since they came out. One of my favorites. But honestly, as far as strong and weak points I'm not familiar.

Does anyone have some input on what he should be looking for with one of these on the used market?

Thanks!

My best friend is in the market for a clean Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale.

He knows I'm connected here in the Lamborghini community, but asked if I could dig up some information on the market for a 360CS.

To be fair, I've loved that car since they came out. One of my favorites. But honestly, as far as strong and weak points I'm not familiar.

Does anyone have some input on what he should be looking for with one of these on the used market?

Thanks!

Can't be of a lot of help other than I hear they are pretty maintenance intensive, painfully slow in comparison to newer cars, but MY GOD THEY SOUND GREAT!

TDF Blue, Red interior, silver wheels. :icon_thumleft:

I had one back in the day. Was so much fun o drive compared to the standard 360 or even 430.

the Scuderia certainly eclipsed it. Great brakes and handling will feel slow compared to the modern cars. Great Great track car.

Can't be of a lot of help other than I hear they are pretty maintenance intensive, painfully slow in comparison to newer cars, but MY GOD THEY SOUND GREAT!

TDF Blue, Red interior, silver wheels. :icon_thumleft:

Great cars, they sound awesome, a blast to drive on the track. Not much that you can do to get more power out of them. When I lived in AZ a friend had one and I used to have my way with it in my 996 GT3 (when it was stock) from a dig, a roll and especially on the track. With that said, I'd love to have one someday.

Great cars, they sound awesome, a blast to drive on the track. Not much that you can do to get more power out of them. When I lived in AZ a friend had one and I used to have my way with it in my 996 GT3 (when it was stock) from a dig, a roll and especially on the track. With that said, I'd love to have one someday.

He's of the school of thought I am, it doesn't have to be the fastest to be fun.

He's interested and going to finish putting his ducks in a row, but from what he told me this is the number one contender at the moment.

I hope he gets it, because it's a great car.

Why not get a 430 instead? Aren't they roughly the same price?

360CS sounds better and looks better..probably more fun to drive aswell.

It is a great car. He will love it when he gets it. Make sure it is sorted. Watch the dash fade, make sure the belts are done, etc... They are pretty solid aside from that.

Prefers the 360CS to a standard 430, and I agree with him.

^^This ^^ 360 is soo much more fun to drive then a plain 430.

Now the Scuderia is another story..

^^This ^^ 360 is soo much more fun to drive then a plain 430.

Now the Scuderia is another story..

Agreed. A 430 Scud would be my choice if between one and a 458 even.

• 1 month later...

If he's looking for a top quality car, I know of one for sale here in Central Ohio. It'd be on the top end of the CS market for condition, low mileage, and possibly price too.

Agreed. A 430 Scud would be my choice if between one and a 458 even.

I've driven a few Scuds and a dozen 458's, my opinion is that the 458 is worlds better to drive than a Scud. I would have both in a perfect world, but if I could have one exotic and it had to be an F car... it would be a 458 (over an F12, 599, etc). The Scud does sounds incredible though, especially with an exhaust :eusa_dance:

I also agree with the posts above that the 360 and 360cs are completely different cars. The CS is incredibly raw and visceral. we have a 360 spyder that I've put a few thousand miles on and I don't find it all that exciting to drive, even compared to some of our Porches. I dont think he will be disappointed with the CS. A few customers (two) have traded Lambo's in on them (one Nera and one spyder) and neither have ever regretted the decision at all.