Birkin hermes in LA

q8ylambo

Life is about achievements and challenging yourself, you work so you can afford to reward yourself and have your treats along the way, if those treats are cars, watches, houses, purses or nice stamps or dead butterflies collection is irrelevant, I am happy to burn the dollars I make on things which I consider a treat/reward of my hard work, I don't care about depreciation, it's all about achieving my own goals and rewarding myself.

Also lets not forget there are people out there with means which would enable them to buy one of those bags with a similar ease and impact on their finances as others would experience when they would purchase an ice cream, those items are geared towards that market.

Standard Birkins are in the $10k range and go for $15-18+ all day long online. I was just in Vegas and the salesguy at the Hermes store in the Encore said something similar to what was mentioned above - the store wants a little buying history from you, and then they'll "make a bag available" to you. Supposedly, they can "offer" you 2 Birkins per year - one in Jan-June and one July-Dec. It was interesting though, I tried on a pair of shoes and looked at a belt/buckle and the salesman pretty much said that if I buy those two items, they "might have a bag available" in the color my wife wants next week sometime. lol. He also mentioned that the store (or the manager?) likes to see multiple purchases. So if you want some shoes and a belt, buy them a week or two apart under separate transactions. Weird.

Re: CAKE

I'm not a "purse girl" or much into shoes. I supposed my husband wishes I was. It'd be a helluva cheaper than the cars.

Not true, my niece works for LV in their accounting regional dept. and they have clients spending nearly $1mil in product per year, yes 1 year of purchases. :shock:

I'm not a "purse girl" or much into shoes. I supposed my husband wishes I was. It'd be a helluva cheaper than the cars.

Not true, my niece works for LV in their accounting regional dept. and they have clients spending nearly $1mil in product per year, yes 1 year of purchases. :shock:

I stand corrected.

That's obscene. Or do they make a consistent 20% on that spread?

I am quite the LV addict myself (mostly shoes) and I get baffled at how much shit they sell in just one store, it is always packed with people (often lots of chinese tourists) but still, the stuff is pricey as hell and people line up to buy it?!

30K for a bag that look meh. Lambo's may be expensive but they look amazing and give you a different experience then cheaper cars. You can't clone them. This bag on the other hand is just like any other bag except it has a premium logo stuck onto it. You can get clones in china for $300 (most likely less) that feel and look exactly the same. It's just competition between women and a way to differentiate from the average. I'm so jelly at that profit margin :P.