put 150 miles on the Lotus so far

Allan-Herbie

Bone stock, ive seen as low as 4.2 sec to 60. As for the new Esprit, i do not know, but have heard rumors about the replacement that sound very promising.

Good to hear that the Lotus is treating you good Allan. I'm still waiting myself for the gremlins to poke their heads out. I have put on 1500+ miles on my 88 and still have not ran into any real problems to speak of.

I thought the 0-60 times were faster than 4.2? Weren't SE's around 4.6 or so with the 4 banger?

350 miles so far! Still hasnt blown up! Got her up to about 150mph today! The blow off valves frighten people! It sounds like a jet. Freaking awesome! :partyman: :prayer: :supz: :heart:

350 miles so far! Still hasnt blown up! Got her up to about 150mph today! The blow off valves frighten people! It sounds like a jet. Freaking awesome! :partyman:  :prayer:  :supz:  :heart:

Where do you get up to 150mph in freakin Maui ?

I taught the speed limit on the island is 25mph :lol:

Isn't Maui small enough that you get to "know" the local cops, and they get to "know" your felonious ass and specific cars after a few runs?

My brother is on Kuaui and says that when a cop pulls you over, three out of four times it's the same one that pulled you over a month or two ago. When they walk up, they don't even run the plates because they know who you are already..."Speeding again Curt?" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dont get caught! There is one 5 mile stretch here, with nothing on it, and your good to go. Otherwise i go up into the hills, where local wave bags of weed at you, hoping youll pull over to buy some. :lol:

Another perk of living on Maui...who knew.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I swear dude, its soo funny, yesterday im flying by, and theyre pulling these huge bags, not dime bags, but pounds, and waving them in the air! I was laughing my ass off!

I have about 67,000 original miles on my 95.5 Esprit without any problems other than a failed clutch throwout bearing at about 45K miles. Repair costs for that were about $300 in parts because we did the work ourselves.

Yes, they are reliable if you take care of them and adhere to the maintenance schedule. If you expect them to be like a Camry where all you do is put gas and go however... :shock:

BTW: The last 4-cylinder cars are more reliable than the V8's.