1987 Countach for sale

Jalpa_Mike

THat's been on the market for a while now.

What happened to all the supposed "done deals" on this car at $300k++?!

With all the talk lately, that car should have sold long ago. I guess lots of hype but no one stepping up to the plate to blow 300K on a QV FI. Been available since April

One owner, low mileage, all original, can’t ask for much more than that. $5K or so to remove/replace the DOT bumpers and get rid of that 25th shift knob and it would be good to go. Why hasn’t it sold? IMO it’s overpriced by $100K.

One owner, low mileage, all original, can’t ask for much more than that. $5K or so to remove/replace the DOT bumpers and get rid of that 25th shift knob and it would be good to go. Why hasn’t it sold? IMO it’s overpriced by $100K.

Maybe not having a wing is hurting it. They have not advertised it very well either.

• 1 month later...

great logic...cant sell for 325, lets ask 50 more, duh. Maybe they think now when someone counters an offer it will come in closer to what they really want. We will see, car is kind of stale in todays hyped up market.

when it comes to buying some cars, people become very specific and weird about what they have to have.

Is having Euro bumpers and no wing enough to kill someone off from purchasing

to convert the front and rear over is not $5K change, and by purchasing this car at the high end, if you had to have an original wing and bumpers, you will be in deeper than current values.

great logic...cant sell for 325, lets ask 50 more, duh. Maybe they think now when someone counters an offer it will come in closer to what they really want. We will see, car is kind of stale in todays hyped up market.

Or maybe they have gotten numerous offers near 325 indicating they could ask more?

Or maybe they have gotten numerous offers near 325 indicating they could ask more?

car looks great.

i saw a couple fully restored ones asking $350k ish at a very high end shop/dealer. so it's priced right IMO given its original and very clean example. when stock market is red hot, people tend to spend more

I'm leaning toward this explanation. I'm sure it's a great centerpiece in their showroom! They probably won't let it go unless they get absolute top dollar IMO. With their other used cars, its about turnover. I don't think that quite applies with this one!

I'm leaning toward this explanation. I'm sure it's a great centerpiece in their showroom! They probably won't let it go unless they get absolute top dollar IMO. With their other used cars, its about turnover. I don't think that quite applies with this one!

Exactly, what do they care. If prices keep going up, why sell today unless at very top of market.

Exactly, what do they care. If prices keep going up, why sell today unless at very top of market.

:iamwithstupid:

If people are offering near their previous asking I'm sure they are thinking "Hey, what would happen if we put another $25k on top? If they are willing to spend $325k maybe they will spend $350k. Let's try!" They will not lose money on this car, that is why they are raising the price.

Maybe they found an original shift knob. That's got to be worth a few grand :D

Yes! That was funny!

http://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/lambor...ach/1987/245343

Well lookie here, a 1987 5000 QV at $505,000. That makes the Lamborghini Palm Beach car look like a STEAL!

Those are some fixed up pics if I ever saw any, never the less, asking prices are still crazy. Are they worth it??? Who knows anymore

Love the two LP400s on the bottom of the page.

Speaking of Countach's...whatever happened to this car?

http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/03LQM30...vole-green-1987

I thought M. Forbes had a black on gold one as well...but apparently he didn't. He did have a LM002 though.

Its in a museum in Northern Cali...