Allan's 1/12 Countach!

SingleSeat

Just one tiny detail to be addressed.

The painted trim between the 3/4 window and the engine intake...

post-25074-1403666110_thumb.jpg

Here it is correctly painted...

post-5-1400721854_thumb.jpg

It gets forgotten on real cars too...

Just one tiny detail to be addressed.

The painted trim between the 3/4 window and the engine intake...

Gotcha, thanks, easy fix.

It gets forgotten on real cars too...

True...

Countach_P100.JPG

Well, that is just incredible, Chris! You must have super steady hands to produce work like this. It is very real looking as others have said. I think you would definitely want to display this under a glass or plexi case of some type. I could not imagine even thinking about going after this thing with a duster! Great job!

Yep, that was what I noticed a few posts ago. I didn't paint them black...I just forgot to go back and repaint them red after the glue dried.

Haha... Ok!

Thanks guys!

Well, that is just incredible, Chris! You must have super steady hands to produce work like this. It is very real looking as others have said. I think you would definitely want to display this under a glass or plexi case of some type. I could not imagine even thinking about going after this thing with a duster! Great job!

Thanks Keith. I love looking at it as it is...taking care of these last few clean-up items. Of course every model has its flaws and I'd be the first one to harp on myself for them, but I've learned to find the balance between relentless pursuit of perfection and enjoying a model the way it's meant to be enjoyed. That job will soon fall to Allan, so I hope he's up for it, haha. We're definitely moving forward on some covered case ideas at this moment since the size of the car really calls for a customized solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Phase II, Allan wanted a display case and of course he didn't just want a basic ho-hum box to display in his home. I just finished it off tonight, so I'll take some better photographs later. For reference, that's just the 1:18 Kyosho inside to give everyone an idea of the size of this thing to accommodate Allan's 1:12 Kyosho.

The platform is raised from the base on aluminum supports. The base is a textured Seaboard plastic while the platform is mirrored black acrylic. I had the components of the case cut and heat-bent at a local plastics shop because I wanted it to have nice curved edges along the top rather than glued seams. Allan also wanted a nice badge so I created it in SolidWorks (3D CAD software) and had it 3D printed. This allowed me to create the text and Andretti signature thrusting out at an angle. The goal being something descriptive, yet stylish while not being overly intrusive.

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase01.jpg

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase02.jpg

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase03.jpg

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase04.jpg

Phase II, Allan wanted a display case and of course he didn't just want a basic ho-hum box to display in his home. I just finished it off tonight, so I'll take some better photographs later. For reference, that's just the 1:18 Kyosho inside to give everyone an idea of the size of this thing to accommodate Allan's 1:12 Kyosho.

The platform is raised from the base on aluminum supports. The base is a textured Seaboard plastic while the platform is mirrored black acrylic. I had the components of the case cut and heat-bent at a local plastics shop because I wanted it to have nice curved edges along the top rather than glued seams. Allan also wanted a nice badge so I created it in SolidWorks (3D CAD software) and had it 3D printed. This allowed me to create the text and Andretti signature thrusting out at an angle. The goal being something descriptive, yet stylish while not being overly intrusive.

Absolutely amazing!

Thanks guys! The 1:12 car should really fill it up. There are hardly any options for stock display cases of this size anyway, so we might as well have done a custom case. The height gives the option to display the doors up.

This Countach is finished. Allan has the model and I just need to get this case shipped. I don't have any cars in line per se, rather a few models for a home theater. Hit me up anytime if you want to talk car models.

This Countach is finished. Allan has the model and I just need to get this case shipped. I don't have any cars in line per se, rather a few models for a home theater. Hit me up anytime if you want to talk car models.

I've now seen the work you did to Allan's Countach a few times now. Simply incredible, you are a true artist!

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase01.jpg

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase02.jpg

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase03.jpg

Andretti_Countach_DisplayCase04.jpg

Awesome! Cant wait to get it!

• 2 years later...