Sold in 1 day

Allan-Herbie

For some cars... But realise I know people who are paying these prices for these cars... and then sending them of for $150k restorations..

Seems to me the next real values will be cars that need a lot of restoration. Just think...if you can get a Countach needing much tlc with prices the way they are you will still be ahead of the game!!!

what are the 1989 countach's valued at nowadays?

I know of several that have sold between 235 and 260K... All drivers..

http://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/lambor...ach/1987/245343

Lookie here, makes the Lamborghini Palm Beach car look like a STEAL!! 299,995 GBP equates to $505,000

this car is discounted by a $100K. DD are going for well over $500K now. And 25th are said to reach the $400K. Not sure if that is true but as long as we stay awashed in cheap money this will go on. Beware when the faucet turns off thou...

Most people buying these now are not "enthusiasts" but rather art and car collectors with very deep pockets. 1MM is nothing to them.

People like us will lose these cars as time go. I still drive the car as a "sports car" but I know I should not and it is unwise as my insurance only covers a fraction of its value now.

Recently there was a large mahem about fraudulent expensive art to the point where expert are now reluctant to do expertise and have their name on it (famous ones got burned) . I wonder how much that has to do with them turning to cars.

People like us will lose these cars as time go. I still drive the car as a "sports car" but I know I should not and it is unwise as my insurance only covers a fraction of its value now.

A real fear that's starting to show its face. I've dropped off a few forums because all they talk about is values while bitch slapping every car that comes up for sale. What happened to the threads that would go on for days on how to refurbish a rotor or rebuild a distributor cap in you garage with kitchen utensils? The good old days...

• 2 weeks later...
pictures suck

but, it has the $10,000 tool pouch

don't be cheap, round that up to $20K you cheapo you!.. lol

So QVs injected are asked for $1/2 mil now and 25th are $400K ... cool... means my DD just took on another $100K somehow over the past month (yawn!).. So may be we are close to $800K for a carb car?

Well Patrick, looks like you are rowing over to my boat....and be stuck just looking at your car lol

Well Patrick, looks like you are rowing over to my boat....and be stuck just looking at your car lol

Well I still drive it as a middle aged crisis man... but I am rowing all right.... I am trying to convince myself it is all in the mind. If something happens I'll have a junk car I wont be able to replace, at least for a while until things cool off.

FYI, I hear from jag owners that Jags type E are now selling in the $300K and more... nutty world.. they must be also experiencing these jitters.