teen killed during lamborghini test drive

Phteven

It truly baffles me that people think that just because you can do something in a simulator or a game that it is the same as real-life! Simulators and games can be realistic, but they have physics engines that are imperfect. Gran Turismo for example has for years been considered a pretty realistic racing game, but it also has for years been constantly having the physics engine refined. And claiming that you can do that in an AIRCRAFT, are you kidding me? From what I've heard, the most dangerous words out of any pilot's mouth are, "Watch this."

Maybe you and cake should put up a big sign at your instruction events:

"NOTE TO MORONS: TO ALL IDIOTS WHO THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DO SOMETHING IN A VIDEO GAME AND/OR SIMULATOR A CERTAIN WAY, THAT IT ALSO WORKS THAT WAY IN REAL LIFE, THAT ISN'T ALWAYS THE CASE. I DO NOT WANT TO BE KILLED BECAUSE SOME MORON AT THE WHEEL/STICK THOUGHT THEY COULD PULL A MANEUVER THAT IN REALITY ISN'T DOABLE BECAUSE THEY CAN DO IT IN A GAME OR SIMULATOR. ANYONE WHO TRIES ANY SUCH THING GETS BOOTED OUT OF TRAINING. ANY PILOTS WHO TRY SUCH GET BOOTED OUT MID-FLIGHT."

(:D)

I think video games diminish the driving experience. They make every kid think they can do it in real life and it drains the excitement out of the experience. Never have I compared driving a car on a game to real life. Kids might be able to learn very basic driving concepts from games, but the real road is a whole different world. Kids don't get that, and they don't get the thrill of a true "driving experience" either; most just want to see bigger power numbers.

I think video games diminish the driving experience. They make every kid think they can do it in real life and it drains the excitement out of the experience. Never have I compared driving a car on a game to real life. Kids might be able to learn very basic driving concepts from games, but the real road is a whole different world. Kids don't get that, and they don't get the thrill of a true "driving experience" either; most just want to see bigger power numbers.

It's a kid being a kid. Ironically last week my wife introduced me to an older gentleman who's son wrecked his corvette on the conejo grade and died. He is a very successful businessman but that one incident ruined his life.

Considering how quickly I destroyed a 4-door beater Mazda when I was 18, I'd probably have killed myself too if someone let me drive a Lambo back then. Sorry but I'm of the opinion that kids have no business driving cars like these, ever.

R.I.P.

The cockpit looks as if it stayed intact... Was he wearing his seat belt

He was not. He was ejected from the car. I say it time and time again (I've had to scrape too many people up and try to put them back together), you are much better being a part of the car than getting separated from it. That is not to say there aren't circumstances where being strapped in can be just as deadly but the chances are dismal for survival if you are ejected (<5%).

Buckle up mates, ALWAYS please!

Very tragic story. RIP.

That there are still people out there not wearing seat belts is just beyond me. I'm sorry but in that case he had it coming to him, does'nt matter if it's in a lambo or honda or whatever.

With that said, RIP.

That's ridiculous, I can't drive without a seatbelt, I feel like something it's missing, bad mistake which costed him his life, sad!

He was not. He was ejected from the car. I say it time and time again (I've had to scrape too many people up and try to put them back together), you are much better being a part of the car than getting separated from it. That is not to say there aren't circumstances where being strapped in can be just as deadly but the chances are dismal for survival if you are ejected (<5%).

Buckle up mates, ALWAYS please!

Very tragic story. RIP.

Second nature to get in to a car and put on my seat belt. It would be like getting in to a car an not putting the key in the ignition to leave my seat belt off.

In the words of Kanye "Thank God I ain't too cool for the safe belt."