Murcielago throttle bounce

Allan-Herbie

Lately it seems my Murci throttle at idle bounces alot. Coming off say the free way and going into neutral it will bounce so much it will stall sometimes. When it's bouncing you can't control it with throttle either.. any ideas?

Lately it seems my Murci throttle at idle bounces alot. Coming off say the free way and going into neutral it will bounce so much it will stall sometimes. When it's bouncing you can't control it with throttle either.. any ideas?

You need to recalibrate the throttle. It's likely a voltage issue.

You need to recalibrate the throttle. It's likely a voltage issue.

Is that why when I try to give it gas it doesn't do anything?

Is that why when I try to give it gas it doesn't do anything?

Yes. It's defaulting into a state where it deactivates the throttle altogether because it's getting readings above 100% and/or below 0%. I know what this is like first hand! LOL. A massive PITA!

Yes. It's defaulting into a state where it deactivates the throttle altogether because it's getting readings above 100% and/or below 0%. I know what this is like first hand! LOL. A massive PITA!

Ya.. I litterly had to rev the car to like 5k to be able to reverse out of the parking lot... then it stalled.. and I look like an idiot reving the shit out of my car then stalling..

Ya.. I litterly had to rev the car to like 5k to be able to reverse out of the parking lot... then it stalled.. and I look like an idiot reving the shit out of my car then stalling..

Oh yes. I know EXACTLY what you mean. What happened with me was that we calibrated the throttle when the battery voltage was lower than it should have been. After driving the car and building up that voltage, the car was now seeing voltages it perceived to be beyond the limits so, rather than peg the throttle which would be super dangerous, it eliminates it all together. And the result is you look like you can't drive a manual.

Yes 02-03 throttles can be calibrated with the Ldas.... definitely get it hooked up to get a recal. Could just be out of sync..If your not getting a CEL then that probably it. If it were pedal actuator or throttle body your get a low pedal input code.

Yes 02-03 throttles can be calibrated with the Ldas.... definitely get it hooked up to get a recal. Could just be out of sync..If your not getting a CEL then that probably it. If it were pedal actuator or throttle body your get a low pedal input code.

I got a cel about 2 weeks ago, but it went away... I should have the computer tomorrow...

That isn't what makes you look like an idiot..... :icon_mrgreen:

It seems the throttles are inline.. both at 0% and both at 99.90 fully open. This graph was the only thing I adjusted to both be at 0% and the idle is still bouncing.any ideas?

It seems the throttles are inline.. both at 0% and both at 99.90 fully open. This graph was the only thing I adjusted to both be at 0% and the idle is still bouncing.any ideas?

20140904_181914.jpg

check/replace spark plugs. While you're in there, inspect your coil packs.

If they are internally damaged, you won't be able to see anything. But if they have corrosion or major electrical failure, you will be able to see it.

There isn't much you can do, but pop the boots off (be extra careful) and look at the springs to see if any of them have disintegrated over time. I've had them break in half and when removing the coil, the spring just falls out. If the springs are corroded, you can use some sand paper to lightly scuff the end of the spring for a better contact, but this isn't necessary.

Check the tubes the spark plugs sit in for heavy moisture.

You can also add a small amount of dielectric grease to the coil for better moisture protection.

Yeah look at the coils and throw in new plugs. Helped on my Gallardo, sometimes when I pushed the clutch in RPM would drop out and the engine would die. Did plugs and coils and it helped. My Murci is a different animal, still chasing my issue. Look at the graph and look at the baro pressure versus the map pressures....make sure both sides have the same vacuum. Might be a vac leak, loose hose. Next check you injection timing, throttle opening.... both banks should be symetrical

This same bounce/stall thing happened to my 04 Murci too, come to find out it was the low oil pressure. I changed the oil to royal purple 20/50 and problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...

when i was watching the tech sync the throttle bodies thru LDAS, i saw him adjust a line graph with 2 lines representing the 2 banks while the car was on idle. you could clearly see that the 2 banks were not idling in-sync. all he had to do was drag one of the lines to synch with the correct idle speed and that was it. he didn't touch a bar graph as shown by allan in a previous picture.

make sure also that the TBs are clean. even minimal carbon along the edges of the butterfly and TB can cause the idle hunting.

It ended up being tweeking, he replaced the spark plugs with the OEM champions, found a couple loose vac lines...just basically tuned it up. When he works the computer he knows what all the readings should be, so he can fine tune it. Without the equipment and the knowledge its almost impossible.