TI (Texas Invitational, Oct 3rd-5th) 2014.

avengerr

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusitns car is not a X version. He also doesn't have NOS

His car is a 2r with 3r parts according to him. so 2.5R lol.

Kevin what is the MAX hp that the E-gear can take before it runs into issues. I heard Mullet say in video when asked about the 6 speed conversion that no more shift issues..

His car is a 2r with 3r parts according to him. so 2.5R lol.

Kevin what is the MAX hp that the E-gear can take before it runs into issues. I heard Mullet say in video when asked about the 6 speed conversion that no more shift issues..

I think part of the problem is nobody warms their cars up including the e gear. The e gear uses fluid to work so that stuff has to be warm. I warmed my car up pretty good and rowed through all the gears before racing just 1-6 driving normal down the runway. I had 0 issues from my e gear.

When your street racing the car has plenty of time to get warm. The events they get trailered there and they just sit with no warmup. They get cranked up and get beat on lol.

My stock r8 and 570 would not shift above 6k rpm when the car was not at operating temps.

I think part of the problem is nobody warms their cars up including the e gear. The e gear uses fluid to work so that stuff has to be warm. I warmed my car up pretty good and rowed through all the gears before racing just 1-6 driving normal down the runway. I had 0 issues from my e gear.

When your street racing the car has plenty of time to get warm. The events they get trailered there and they just sit with no warmup. They get cranked up and get beat on lol.

My stock r8 and 570 would not shift above 6k rpm when the car was not at operating temps.

gotcha! makes a lot of sense.

Guest 300MPH
dustin did not get a 4 car length advantage at the hit nor was it 5.5 cars at the finish. I HATE when people aren't factual.

Were you there?

I was not there. I saw the video like most everybody else

From the start of the video it looks like a 4 car jump Duhawks put on the GTR. By the end of the race it looked like the GTR by 1-1.5 cars. 4 + 1.5 = 5.5.

All I was saying that from an even hit, that race would have been about 5.5 car lengths for the GTR.

I was not there. I saw the video like most everybody else

From the start of the video it looks like a 4 car jump Duhawks put on the GTR. By the end of the race it looked like the GTR by 1-1.5 cars. 4 + 1.5 = 5.5.

All I was saying that from an even hit, that race would have been about 5.5 car lengths for the GTR.

You haven't thought this thru ... Have you???

The video (1320 ... YouTube) clearly shows, that DuHawks did NOT get a 4 car jump at the start ...

Go back, slow the video down and look at the separation between the cars at the flag (end of race) ...

The video offers proof ... If DuHawks had gotten a 4 car jump at the start ... Then ...

There's no doubt the KOTS trophy would be sitting on his mantle ... We'll OK ...

We all know he'd still be carrying the trophy where ever he went ... But the point is ...

4 car jump, and UGR would've taken home yet another TI Victory ...

Well done UGR on the amazing performance at TI, Congrats to Mullet on winning the 6 spd challenge & Dustin on the second place , its extremely impressive to see customer owned & driven cars sticking it to shop cars.

I have a question guys, not trying to stir anything, would just like to satisfy my curiosity, so i hope its not taken the wrong way.

In the X version headed to TX thread, UGR mentioned that the car has rolling anti-lag...I watched a few vids from TI, and saw alot of cars still brake boosting, Is this feature only available for X version cars? or did i miss seeing it in action in the vids?

Congrats again to UGR and all the guys who participated

Cheers.

Guest 300MPH
You haven't thought this thru ... Have you???

The video (1320 ... YouTube) clearly shows, that DuHawks did NOT get a 4 car jump at the start ...

Go back, slow the video down and look at the separation between the cars at the flag (end of race) ...

The video offers proof ... If DuHawks had gotten a 4 car jump at the start ... Then ...

There's no doubt the KOTS trophy would be sitting on his mantle ... We'll OK ...

We all know he'd still be carrying the trophy where ever he went ... But the point is ...

4 car jump, and UGR would've taken home yet another TI Victory ...

To me the largest gap at the beginning of the race before the GTR started overtaking the Lambo looked to be 4 cars. At the end it looked like the GTR by 1-1.5 cars. If that was a 1/2 mile race, it would have been bus lengths assuming the GTR would have stayed together. At the end of that race there looked to be more than just dust behind the GTR after the chute was pulled.

I had a pretty good view of the race with lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu. It was maybe a car or car and a half behind me. It would only pull me on shifts.

There is a bump in the left lane that disturbs my car. When I hit that and shift that is when it flys by me. The bump actually bottoms out my car and it scrapes pretty good.

I had a pretty good view of the race with lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu. It was maybe a car or car and a half behind me. It would only pull me on shifts.

There is a bump in the left lane that disturbs my car. When I hit that and shift that is when it flys by me. The bump actually bottoms out my car and it scrapes pretty good.

You forget 300MPH saw a YOUTUBE video so clearly he is the expert on this race. The fact that you were one of the 2 people actually racing is obviously irrelevant.

:icon_mrgreen:

You forget 300MPH saw a YOUTUBE video so clearly he is the expert on this race. The fact that you were one of the 2 people actually racing is obviously irrelevant.

LOL! That same bump is the reason I let out of my indexing pass and only went 170s. It aggrevates the car and the TPS crap lights up the dashboard and stuff.

I never got my lane choice all day because I had the lower seed. Everyone always took the right lane on me lol. Guess that is just a learning curve when you go to a few TIs.

LOL! That same bump is the reason I let out of my indexing pass and only went 170s. It aggrevates the car and the TPS crap lights up the dashboard and stuff.

I never got my lane choice all day because I had the lower seed. Everyone always took the right lane on me lol. Guess that is just a learning curve when you go to a few TIs.

I much prefer the left lane, but I am not killing it out there like you guys LOL.

I much prefer the left lane, but I am not killing it out there like you guys LOL.

I took passes in both lanes. I seemed to be 1-2 mph faster in the right lane. I tried different stuff in the left lane and right lane though. I wasn't sure if hovering the concrete line was the best or trying to stay on one patch of concrete was better.

All in all the runway is freaking awesome. Def the best runway out of all the events I have been too. Not even close.

Guest 300MPH

Hey, check out this video at the 4-5 second mark:

They are already racing and there is at least a 4 car lead by Duhawks.

Like I said, that GTR is 5-5.5 cars faster with an identical hit.

You can't say it was only 1-1.5 car lengths.

Just be real and be honest with yourselves.

On a serious note, who are you? lol.

Guest 300MPH
I had a pretty good view of the race with lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu. It was maybe a car or car and a half behind me. It would only pull me on shifts.

Dustin, no disrespect, but that GTR was pulling you the entire time once he got going, not just on the shifts. He had to have been doing so to come back from the asswhipping you gave him on the hit!

Guest 300MPH
On a serious note, who are you? lol.

It does not really matter. Who we aare just gets in the way of how people take what we say. I am being objective in my posts and am calling it like I see it.

Dustin, no disrespect, but that GTR was pulling you the entire time once he got going, not just on the shifts. He had to have been doing so to come back from the asswhipping you gave him on the hit!

I don't really get into all the technical stuff. I love the technical stuff when I am out doing pulls or at a half mile or something like that. When it comes down to racing I don't look at the vbox, or any of that stuff. I just play the game and race. I worry about the light and that is it. It isn't time to get technical when you are racing, just time to line up and see what happens.

Only thing that matters is I lost. Not that I got the hit, not the shifts, not its setup, not my setup, not who was arguing in the parking lot, who got a cherry icy, and etc.

All that matters is I lost. I was close to holding that KOTS trophy... so close.... it does suck, I will admit that. But I have no hard feelings on anyone. I dont look at it like I lost to lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu, I just look at it that I need to get my car from point A to point B quicker. When you lose you have to be happy for the other person. It is racing, only one person can win. I will be back one day to try and give it another go.

Perspective view is fcuking with the ability to judge distance between cars on the X axis.

aka from 1000ft away at a 45 degree angle with the cars 40ft apart, there is no reasonable way to judge who was in front of who and by how much.

Without a video from 100ft past the tree or in car video, we can only go off the word of the drivers.

Guest 300MPH
I don't really get into all the technical stuff. I love the technical stuff when I am out doing pulls or at a half mile or something like that. When it comes down to racing I don't look at the vbox, or any of that stuff. I just play the game and race. I worry about the light and that is it. It isn't time to get technical when you are racing, just time to line up and see what happens.

Only thing that matters is I lost. Not that I got the hit, not the shifts, not its setup, not my setup, not who was arguing in the parking lot, who got a cherry icy, and etc.

All that matters is I lost. I was close to holding that KOTS trophy... so close.... it does suck, I will admit that. But I have no hard feelings on anyone. I dont look at it like I lost to lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu, I just look at it that I need to get my car from point A to point B quicker. When you lose you have to be happy for the other person. It is racing, only one person can win. I will be back one day to try and give it another go.

Dustin, you are a cool guy and I have a lot of respect for what you did and how you did it.

A*M*S does not even have that package for anybody to buy yet anyway.

It looks like the head gaskets on the GTR may have pushed out some coolant at the end of the race as well.

Great job by you UR and A*M*S!

Guest 300MPH
Perspective view is fcuking with the ability to judge distance between cars on the X axis.

aka from 1000ft away at a 45 degree angle with the cars 40ft apart, there is no reasonable way to judge who was in front of who and by how much.

Without a video from 100ft past the tree or in car video, we can only go off the word of the drivers.

You may have a point.