International MXT

WheelsRCool

So this truck didn't last long on the market (2007 - 2008), but I just found it and really like the design. I love that wide, "flat" type of design, if-you-will, for a truck. Was wondering others thoughts on it?

International-MXT-2004-2008-Photo-02.jpg

in2007mxt1929829.jpg

Not saying it's ugly or questioning your preference but it looks like they put the cab of a Jeep Wrangler onto a Hummer H1 and then grafted the nose of a Mack truck onto it (with vertical slats instead of horizontal ones).

Not saying it's ugly or questioning your preference but it looks like they put the cab of a Jeep Wrangler onto a Hummer H1 and then grafted the nose of a Mack truck onto it (with vertical slats instead of horizontal ones).

It does have some Hummer influences, International admitted to this, but it was actually designed to also be a military vehicle too, so that may be why. MXT stood for "Military Xtreme Truck." Perfectly understandable though that some won't like it, it is one of those types of designs. Here is the military variant:

navistar_mxt_l1.jpg

Unfortunately the vehicles met the demise of the shrinking dollar. With the downturn of the economy and the stockmarkets, they just did not sell as anticipated. Bad timing. Lots of celebrities bought them and I had a couple of buddies that bought them. Absolutely fantastic truck. Really fun to drive, but they quickly lost value. I have been a few of them around with low mileage that the prices come back up. There's an orange one it's been on eBay for quite some time that would be a terrific by if somebody was interested in getting one. I think they'll hold their value from here on in, as they are rare.

It was supposed to be a compromise after the much bigger CXT. International/Navistar makes a ton of military vehicles. I like them but it would be hard to justify the price over a nicely lifted and modified F350. And actually the CXT is maybe even a little cheaper so if I was going for rarity, I would skip the MXT and go for the CXT.

There is a pizza chain out my way called Fox's and they owner and his son have all sorts of cool cars they keep in a warehouse. They have an International and it is HUGE...especially compared to my S2K.