New Star Wars teaser trailer. I'm stoked

Castor Troy

If you dig deep enough, there have been several cracks at remastering the original films across the internet. Witness this example, one of many. Of course you need to know someone who knows someone to get copies, but fans are becoming quite powerful at doing their own work on Star Wars and really kicking ass in both sound and vfx with modern tech. Otherwise, the best way to view the original trilogy is still to grab a vintage laser disc player (and those enormous discs) since VHS tapes will degrade much faster than the laser disc.

BTW the Yoda of the first prequel was very puppet-like, which a lot of fans complained about, so they purposely went with a CG Yoda for the sequel prequels.

I stand by my order post #66. Yoda is the canary in the mine shaft. If Yoda fails, it all fails.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dig deep enough, there have been several cracks at remastering the original films across the internet. Witness this example, one of many. Of course you need to know someone who knows someone to get copies, but fans are becoming quite powerful at doing their own work on Star Wars and really kicking ass in both sound and vfx with modern tech. Otherwise, the best way to view the original trilogy is still to grab a vintage laser disc player (and those enormous discs) since VHS tapes will degrade much faster than the laser disc.

The problem I have with the Star Wars franchise. With the success of the first one, at the box office and toy sales. The main focus became making them appeal more to kids. I don't think the original was a kids movie, had some kid appeal, but wasn't geared towards kids. Believe Disney will make it even more kid friendly and ruin it all together. I was five years old when the original came out and enjoyed it, but didn't fully get it until I was older.

The problem I have with the Star Wars franchise. With the success of the first one, at the box office and toy sales. The main focus became making them appeal more to kids. I don't think the original was a kids movie, had some kid appeal, but wasn't geared towards kids. Believe Disney will make it even more kid friendly and ruin it all together. I was five years old when the original came out and enjoyed it, but didn't fully get it until I was older.

You wouldnt say that about TESB would you? Most think its the darkest (and best) of the films...

I think the general consensus is that shit turned sideways 2/3rds of the way through ROTJ... the minute we set foot on Endor. But Endor got fucked (supposedly) because the suits didn't OK the budget for a fight on the Wookie Planet... So they downsized the whole thing (literally) Thus giving us the Teddy Ruxpin Rebellion.

As for toy sales, Toy Sales were Lucas' nut. In his Star Wars contract, which he had to shop for months to get, he as an aside said "I'll pass on a directors fee, but I want merchandising rights." Fox who was buying the script thinking it was going to get shelved anyways, laughed and said "sure, who gives a shit?" Its done over 20 billion in merchandising alone...

Lucas already ruined the prequels by making them super kid-friendly, and Disney is trying to move back to the more original idea of Star Wars. They have ignored all of Lucas's suggestions for the film.

You wouldnt say that about TESB would you? Most think its the darkest (and best) of the films...

I think the general consensus is that shit turned sideways 2/3rds of the way through ROTJ... the minute we set foot on Endor. But Endor got fucked (supposedly) because the suits didn't OK the budget for a fight on the Wookie Planet... So they downsized the whole thing (literally) Thus giving us the Teddy Ruxpin Rebellion.

As for toy sales, Toy Sales were Lucas' nut. In his Star Wars contract, which he had to shop for months to get, he as an aside said "I'll pass on a directors fee, but I want merchandising rights." Fox who was buying the script thinking it was going to get shelved anyways, laughed and said "sure, who gives a shit?" Its done over 20 billion in merchandising alone...

What I don't get is why in dumbing-down the prequels he also made them designed to sell toys. I mean he was already a billionaire by then. It's not like he was some young guy seeking to strike it rich or something.

Quote doesn't work. I tend to forget TESB, it is better then Jedi. The ewoks, etc. just got too kiddie for my taste. The prequels are the ones I really hate.

If Disney did it under their other banners, the studio's they use when they don't want to tarnish Disney's kid friendly image (Touchstone), Id be more optimistic its not going to be a kid friendly toy commercial.

Went to Disney land yesterday, since the Star Wars convention was held across the street from Disney this weekend I seen some cool costumes and tattoos of Star wars walking around every where.