I think I need straight pipes

Luxeous

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had straight pipes and LOC on my '03. There was some mid-range drone that I had to change my driving style to avoid. It also had a much more uncontrolled sound, similar to a muscle car. But it was LOUD and at WOT sounded better than ANY other car I've heard (sorry CGT).

Start up 103db

Ilde 99db

Revving in front of microphone was right around 120db

No idea what db under load

That Powercraft sounds awesome I must admit. Quite similar to my Kreissieg, by as far that a video recording can convey the sound correctly.

My Kreissieg is absolutely perfection. I can not recommend it more highly. Everyone compares it to the old Formula 1 V12 engines; dirty and then ending in a high-pitch but still sounding very 'Lamborghini V12'. You can hear it for miles away; trust me; yet it does not sound too loud. I do not know how it does it, but I guess it must be the sheer quality of the sound that it can carry so far still.

Many exhausts end up being just LOUD, rather than being a full blown experience. The Kreissieg sound alike how Lamborghini would have done it without any limitations set on them.

LOC exhaust with straight pipes is all you need, sounds crazy as it Barks & Screams like an F1 Car with a high pitch

We just installed it on a Roadster no fumes coming into car

Some drone at first 200 miles but car computer seems to learn/adapt & sound better, anyway you learn to drive car to reduce/eliminate drone nothing serious

This system is Crazy & light in weight

Car seems to Rev Faster & is Quicker with exhaust alone & eliminating the cats

Loc I don't think that you will regret it

Here's a video of my old Murcie with straight pipes, no cats and LOC exhaust.

Sounds good. I have LOC with primary cats in place. Need to get some vids like that to hear what it sounds like.

Sounds good. I have LOC with primary cats in place. Need to get some vids like that to hear what it sounds like.

Same. I need you to do this Raj so I can hear how it sounds in person! Only thing I'm worried about is what Nick said with the fumes; I can't imagine that being fun lol.

LOVE my IPE setup, I stripped out the baffling in the primary cats so the sound is a bit higher pitched. Sounds like a straight F1 car, wouldn't go any other route. Then I can hit the remote and close the pipes to quiet the exhaust so not to wake the neighbors when I come home late. Truly the best of both worlds, would highly suggest getting one of the remote operated exhausts.

LOVE my IPE setup, I stripped out the baffling in the primary cats so the sound is a bit higher pitched. Sounds like a straight F1 car, wouldn't go any other route. Then I can hit the remote and close the pipes to quiet the exhaust so not to wake the neighbors when I come home late. Truly the best of both worlds, would highly suggest getting one of the remote operated exhausts.

Sounds great!

Is it much louder just from gutting out the cats?

Yes, removing them makes a major difference.

You mean from gutting it all out? And will the CEL come on?

with straight pipes, does it allow to throw flames also?

Pretty sure its a higher chance cause it already does throw flames on stock, rarely.

You mean from gutting it all out? And will the CEL come on?

From having cats to none (straight pipes or gutted cats).

My car didn't throw a CEL.

with straight pipes, does it allow to throw flames also?

Yes.

Was speaking to the techs and asked them if it would throw a cel from just gutting out the stock cats and they said maybe it might because our climate here in Singapore is warm tropical climate, 24/7. They also mentioned it might cause it to bog at idle. What is your take on this?

Was speaking to the techs and asked them if it would throw a cel from just gutting out the stock cats and they said maybe it might because our climate here in Singapore is warm tropical climate, 24/7. They also mentioned it might cause it to bog at idle. What is your take on this?

No codes & No bogging with straight pipes as we are here in a Hot climate as well = NO Issues do it as you will love it

No codes & No bogging with straight pipes as we are here in a Hot climate as well = NO Issues do it as you will love it

Ok thank you

Never had an issue with those things on my car.

Never had an issue with those things on my car.

Ok thanks, I'll look into it. However isit much louder or say maybe just 10-15% louder from gutting it out?

The 6.2 cars aren't as loud as the 6.5 cars, but here is a 6.2:

LOC/LNB exhaust & secondary deletes:

LOC/LNB exhaust, primary & secondary deletes:

Sounds nice and throaty. Is gutting the stock cats and the after market straight throughs more or less the same?