Ran the M4, 12.2 @ 117.3 MPH

FikseSTS

Thats quick. Tuned? Hard to believe it ran that quick with a stock 425hp.

The new BMW turbo motors are generally making A LOT more power than claimed. Bone stock 435's are doing high 290's to the wheels, on a car that claims to only be making 300hp, and torque is through the roof. M3/4's are doing the same, high 420's to the tires.

BMW played a dirty trick on the world, releasing numbers that were RWHP not crank hp. :eusa_dance:

that's all stock... we are testing a tune, ran into some traction issues and did a 12.2 @ 119.6 MPH so far.... huge increases in the mid range power and torque...

looking for a standard Gallardo run... the best I got from my 2006 Gallardo was 12.2 @ 117 MPH....

The new BMW turbo motors are generally making A LOT more power than claimed. Bone stock 435's are doing high 290's to the wheels, on a car that claims to only be making 300hp, and torque is through the roof. M3/4's are doing the same, high 420's to the tires.

BMW played a dirty trick on the world, releasing numbers that were RWHP not crank hp. :eusa_dance:

Yea they had to have under rated it. Its simply impossible for a a 425hp(fly wheel) car that ways nearly 4300lbs to run this quick. Ive been around drag racing for awhile. People always claim something, but when they run it the truth comes out. Im not saying you are lieing FkseSTS, you are making more than 425hp though.

Yea they had to have under rated it. Its simply impossible for a a 425hp(fly wheel) car that ways nearly 4300lbs to run this quick. Ive been around drag racing for awhile. People always claim something, but when they run it the truth comes out. Im not saying you are lieing FkseSTS, you are making more than 425hp though.

Fiske just stated what BMW rates the car at, 425hp. But there are numerous independent dynos showing them putting +/-5hp of that to the tires. If he didn't dyno the car he would never have known that.

I'm only up on this because I've been eyeing a 435 m-sport recently. I drove it and let me tell you it's quick for a claimed 300hp car. I started looking around and yeah, they are consistently doing 300hp and 330 ft/lbs (300 ft/lbs claimed) to the wheels. Like most turbo cars tuning really kicks them in the ass.

My M4 put down 390whp on a mustang dyno with the front and rear rollers linked.... I've seen dynojet results in the 420whp area... so yea, they are making more than BMW says, more like 475HP.... don't forget, DCT makes a huge difference, especially on turbo cars as there is minimal lost of boost between gears..

either way, it ran those numbers stock.... there is no truth to come out...

Why does an M4 weight almost 4300lbs???That is ludacrous. Thats heavier than a Challenger Hellcat. Those times are very impressive however. C5 Plastic mess-06/C7 Stingray fast.

Why does an M4 weight almost 4300lbs???That is ludacrous. Thats heavier than a Challenger Hellcat. Those times are very impressive however. C5 Plastic mess-06/C7 Stingray fast.

His is a vert.

The Coupe is ~3600, the vert is closer to 4100.

I have a buddy that has a tuned m4 coupe in Miami that that wants to run my z-0h-6. When I put new tires on, I will give it a go for fun.

With the tires I have now (factory goodyear runflats) I would probably get walked as I get no traction after 4000-7000 (RPM Dependant on gear of course) in 2nd/3rd/and very top of 4th gear.

I should be 500RWHP and 3100lbs or so.

there was a tuned M4 coupe at the tracking going 128 MPH..... be on your game shifting wise... :)

I have a buddy that has a tuned m4 coupe in Miami that that wants to run my z-0h-6. When I put new tires on, I will give it a go for fun.

With the tires I have now (factory goodyear runflats) I would probably get walked as I get no traction after 4000-7000 (RPM Dependant on gear of course) in 2nd/3rd/and very top of 4th gear.

I'm sure you'll walk all over it, just don't botch the shifts. :icon_mrgreen:

Get it on video!

there was a tuned M4 coupe at the tracking going 128 MPH..... be on your game shifting wise... :)

Was it the gold color?

Might be him.

I assume 128mph trap is on race gas as well.

Im interested to see how well my car performs when the entire rear end doesnt completely break loose in the top of 2nd/3rd gear. Pretty wild everytime I get on it in lower gears.

that's the car, had a mix of regular gas and some E85...... he will be at PBIR jan 18th, bring your car up...

that's the car, had a mix of regular gas and some E85...... he will be at PBIR jan 18th, bring your car up...

Thats a NICE trap, and it looks like it did most of the work on the big end of the track.

I have a feeling my first trip to the track that he would trap higher, but for me it would be a good learning experience.

I have a few things on the car that need to be sorted out before I take it to the strip(I have a set of bilsteins that I should be installing next week or week after as the ride quality is horrendous in my car-stock, and my stock axle back is cracked inside after I took the cats off and added headers), but I should be able to get it done before then.

Does your MP4 dead hook first gear on the R888's? I am trying to decide on the MPSS for all 4 wheels which will probably ride better overall, but maybe have a little less grip, or the R888's for the 2 rear tires only and get something a little softer for the front 2 later on.

on new R888's the 12C will pretty much dead hook at the track, sometimes on the street, I might put a new set on for the event, depends on how this ASS tune does on my 12C, if it performs and I'm trapping 140 MPH or close to that, I'll get some new rears and go for 9's...

I wouldn't mix up the tires if your mostly driving on the street.... R888's are way better than MPSS, but you trade out tire noise and driving in heavy rain...

Thats a NICE trap, and it looks like it did most of the work on the big end of the track.

I have a feeling my first trip to the track that he would trap higher, but for me it would be a good learning experience.

I have a few things on the car that need to be sorted out before I take it to the strip(I have a set of bilsteins that I should be installing next week or week after as the ride quality is horrendous in my car-stock, and my stock axle back is cracked inside after I took the cats off and added headers), but I should be able to get it done before then.

Does your MP4 dead hook first gear on the R888's? I am trying to decide on the MPSS for all 4 wheels which will probably ride better overall, but maybe have a little less grip, or the R888's for the 2 rear tires only and get something a little softer for the front 2 later on.

on new R888's the 12C will pretty much dead hook at the track, sometimes on the street, I might put a new set on for the event, depends on how this ASS tune does on my 12C, if it performs and I'm trapping 140 MPH or close to that, I'll get some new rears and go for 9's...

I wouldn't mix up the tires if your mostly driving on the street.... R888's are way better than MPSS, but you trade out tire noise and driving in heavy rain...

How bad is the noise? That is my one worry with them. They are the same price for all 4. I only drive the Z on weekends. But in SoFla you do get caught in rain from time to time.

By the way, this video just blew my mind. I may have to consider one of these as a DD: