Carbon Ceramic Brakes upgrade for LP570 ?

Zoops

I am buying a 2011 LP570 SL that doesn't have the OEM CCB's on it.

Has anyone else here fitted OEM CCB to this model? If so how much can I expect it to be all in?

Thanks.

The steel brakes are very good, I wouldn't spend the money, I suggest you drive it first and see how you like it before you spend the money.

Great car, I am sure you will love it, enjoy it in the best of health.

The steel brakes are very good, I wouldn't spend the money, I suggest you drive it first and see how you like it before you spend the money.

Great car, I am sure you will love it, enjoy it in the best of health.

Well I'm sure they are good but not "as good" as CCB's.. I am interesting in knowing the costs associated with upgrading.

This is for a 2R btw.

Well I'm sure they are good but not "as good" as CCB's.. I am interesting in knowing the costs associated with upgrading.

This is for a 2R btw.

More stopping power is also only half the motivation behind the swap. Substantial reduction in rotating mass is the other half.

You didn't mention anything about modifying the car, I've owned a 570 for more than 3 years, it had steel brakes and it never felt like the brakes were underperforming hence my suggestion.

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it. Jason/Mullet upgraded to CCBs on his 2R and would have some info.

Thanks I've seen that thread but I'm leaning more towards OEM or an off-the-shelf kit by a reputable brand (if a lighter/better than OEM kit does exist?)

I would do an aftermarket CCB upgrade if you want CCBs. Factory CCBs really aren't that spectacular compared to aftermarket (when factoring price for a retrofit).

I would do an aftermarket CCB upgrade if you want CCBs. Factory CCBs really aren't that spectacular compared to aftermarket (when factoring price for a retrofit).

I have begun to look around but I haven't found much. Any pointers?

That sucks.. How much was the option from the factory, anyone knows?

Option cost was 16,500 when ordered new!

They are definitely better than steel brakes. I've had 2 560's with steels and I'm on my second 570 with ccb's, wouldn't have it any other way!

You are better off finding another car than trying to retrofit.

You are better off finding another car than trying to retrofit.

That's some statement. What is meant by that exactly? Cost or hassle?

That's some statement. What is meant by that exactly? Cost or hassle?

Cost - used value will not be drastically different for two cars that are nearly identical with the exception of the brakes.

What year 570 are you looking at?

More stopping power is also only half the motivation behind the swap. Substantial reduction in rotating mass is the other half.

Zoops, I make a kit which uses the factory calipers, and just changes the rotors and pads. I use brembo rotors and have several rotor options depending on use. I can even use oem Lamborghini parts.

PM if your interested and I'll make you a sweet deal if you share your experience on this forum. I know these cars very well and might be able to help you decide.

Zoops, I make a kit which uses the factory calipers, and just changes the rotors and pads. I use brembo rotors and have several rotor options depending on use. I can even use oem Lamborghini parts.

PM if your interested and I'll make you a sweet deal if you share your experience on this forum. I know these cars very well and might be able to help you decide.

Where can I find some details on this kit?

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it. Jason/Mullet upgraded to CCBs on his 2R and would have some info.

If you are doing the TI type events where you might be doing multiple runs where the brakes would be hot I would suggest a CCB setup. I put the stock CCB setup on the front of my car and there is zero issue with multiple hot brake stops. The CCB's stop shorter than the steel brakes too if you are running places were you need to stop in a short distance.

I think parts cost for the stock CCB's is around $20k for the front. It's not a complicated swap.........all you gotta do is ask Kevin at UGR to do it!