599gto vs lp670sv values

kev99sv

Clearly they do. The 599 has absolutely nothing to do with racing, unlike the 250 GTO and the 288 GTO. The GTO has zero meaning in my eyes, but some rich fan boys will jump on that and see some value.

Secondly, the 599 is a front engined V12, which for me is a pure GT car, which they then tried to make a 'racing' version wanna be road car without any pedigree and stamped on a GTO badge to sell it. However, everyone I know who owns one loves the 599GTO. For me its just too easy a GT car, not a supercar. Front engines will never be supercars in my eyes; but thats just personal taste.

Thirdly, about 186 SV made, and 599 of the Ferrari ... add to that the fact that Ferrari are known to produce more than the claimed 'limited edition numbers' so that puts the GTO numbers at about 620 probably.... Rarity should win this one, but then Ferraris do seem to win the high value game. Just more fan boys who now have made it big, and want 'the full set'. Having said that, a massive car collector, who has all the big Ferraris you can name, does not own let alone ever mention the 599GTO....

The 599 GTO is based on the 599XX racing car, not the 599 GTB. All though the destinction is almost irrelevant. So there is racing involved here, the same as the 288 GTO. 250 GTO is in a Whole other League, as the cars themselves raced.. That is not the case with the 288 and 599. They were evolved out of racing cars.

ONLY 186pcs were built for the SV out of which less than 40pcs built in RHD. TOTAL 186pcs.

Just take a look at the F360CS today which has tripled in value over the past few years and over a 1000pcs built.

I think this is a rough gauge for where the SV prices will be heading.

For so many reasons, the SV is the last true Lambo from a purist point of view and its pretty obvious where the prices are heading, UP!

It's a tough battle.

I don't see it as a nanosecond decision either way. I like the GTO a little bit more, but it's mostly my infatuation with musical exhausts (Swil has/had nothing on me in this respect) that tips the scale.

Another thing we car enthusiasts do so often is compare cars straight up 1 to 1, without taking car collections into context. Is it realistic whatsoever that the typical buyer choosing between a 670 or a GTO only has one other car at home? He probably has a bunch. And when judged by that context, either the SV or GTO will fit in better as a complement to the other cars.

How about this. Pick one:

670 SV & 599 GTB

599 GTO & 640 coupe/spyder

Lambonutter raises a good point about the Ferrari being front engined; and he could add that its not offered in a stickshift. These are legit points.

At the same time, the Lambo is still AWD. To me that's every bit the same knock as a car being front engined, at least from the driving experience.

Looks are a different story. The SV looks nicer than the GTO but if given the scenario above, I like option #2.

I have never heard a 599GTO in real life; but I would be gobsmacked if you can find anything that sounds as good as an LP670SV with my Kreissieg exhaust. Made a LaF sound like a 4cyl diesel; and you just couldn't hear the Diablo GT.

Murices being AWD ... I do was surprised to find out that my rear tyres were completely used up and needed changing; while the fronts looked barely used. Never drive it with the TCS on as it is crap and cuts power abruptly; so the AWD is very rear biased. Can easily get small drifts out of round abouts and fast corners.

Easily scenario #1: Manual LP670SV and a manual 599GTB ;)

The 599 GTO is based on the 599XX racing car, not the 599 GTB. All though the destinction is almost irrelevant. So there is racing involved here, the same as the 288 GTO. 250 GTO is in a Whole other League, as the cars themselves raced.. That is not the case with the 288 and 599. They were evolved out of racing cars.

288GTO was built to be a race car; a Group B rally car actually. quick copy paste from wikipedia: "The Ferrari GTO was built to compete in the new Group B Race series and a minimum of 200 cars were required for homologation. However, after the death of Henri Toivonen and his co-driver Sergio Cresto in the 1986 Tour de Corse, the FIA disestablished the class, leaving just the Group A Rally championship. As a result, the 288 GTO never raced and all 272 cars built remained purely road cars."

Anyways, I appreciate they say they took a lot from the 599XX track toy. Amazing sound machine for sure.

I am not knocking the 599GTO as such and I am sure it must be an absolute insanity to drive; but its clear which one I prefer :)

Agreed it's like comparing a great apple to a great orange...Perfect garage would have one of each..... and maybe a CGT :)

Indeed !! 670SV, 599GTO, Porsche CGT .... now that would a collection!!

I have never heard a 599GTO in real life; but I would be gobsmacked if you can find anything that sounds as good as an LP670SV with my Kreissieg exhaust. Made a LaF sound like a 4cyl diesel; and you just couldn't hear the Diablo GT.

:iamwithstupid:

Just take a look at the F360CS today which has tripled in value over the past few years and over a 1000pcs built.

I think this is a rough gauge for where the SV prices will be heading.

It doesn't just depend on production numbers. It also depends on the number of collectors looking to buy a Ferrari vs Lamborghini. Difficult to measure, but the disparity in market prices would suggest that there are at least 10 Ferrari collectors for every 1 Lamborghini collector. Perhaps over time the strength of the modern Lamborghini brand will bring more classic collectors.

It doesn't just depend on production numbers. It also depends on the number of collectors looking to buy a Ferrari vs Lamborghini. Difficult to measure, but the disparity in market prices would suggest that there are at least 10 Ferrari collectors for every 1 Lamborghini collector. Perhaps over time the strength of the modern Lamborghini brand will bring more classic collectors.

Yes you are correct

• 2 months later...

Not sure what the SVs are doing but took this screen shot yesterday. Yikes!! Of course, don't know what the GTOs are actually selling for.

post-6720-1431296498_thumb.jpg

To me I find the SV being very undervalued compared to the GTO. They made 186/350 planned SVs making them incredibly rare while there are rumours about Ferrari making far more than the 599 planned GTOs.

The 599 Aperta is another very interesting one, absolutley crazy expensive though, only 80 ever made, those for sale are $1m+. Much rarer than the GTO and is a future classic for sure.

Agreed it's like comparing a great apple to a great orange...Perfect garage would have one of each..... and maybe a CGT :)

We have a guy in our Cars and Coffee group who owned all three at the same time, among others...lucky man!

i like the SV more

SV is more rare and more special

SV is last of Bizzarrini engine lamborghini

SV has a supercar layout and look while 599 GTO has more of a GT look

handling and performance they are close

ALL THIS SAID: the 599 GTO has this badge and will be worth more i think....and i think this is VERY VERY LIKELY....Ferrari fan boys will always want something with that badge.

some guys bought a pair of 599 GTOs as they are 99% sure they will be worth a lot in the future

i forgot... when it came out, i was pissed of Ferrari used the holy GTO name on a 599 evolution...to me it is still a wrong use of the name BUT the 599 GTO is a bit more special than most think