Aventador DYI Oil Change possible??

jheyden

Hi,

Considering going from a Diablo to a 2012 Aventador. I have a lift at home so I was doing most of the fluid (Oil, Diff, Brake...etc) changes myself. Has anyone attempted this on the Aventador? Is it even possible without special tools? Car is out of warranty so not concerned about that.

Thanks

I wonder how much this proprietary tool costs. It can't be that hard a car to work on. The only thing that seems to be an issue is that it would be time consuming to change anything out due to all the engine covers that would need to be removed. Other than that, can't be too hard a car to fix!

Are there 5 drain plugs? I saw five on the eBay ad, but wonder if two of them are just extras? I think the Gallardo has 4 or five?

Either way, I guarantee I could find the oil filter for 20 or 30 dollars online, and the drain plugs included shouldn't cost $200. Wow, how people get jipped!

Does Lamborghini protocol state that all drain plugs are to be replaced each oil change? I could see how that could be mandated at dealerships, but it's definitely not needed.

EDIT: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMBORGHINI-MURCIE...1#ht_2213wt_991

Apparently the parts number from the Aventador oil change listing is the same oil filter used on the Murcielago and possibly the Diablo?

Can't seem to email Lambo palm Beach through ebay to confirm drain plug head type. I called Lambo Dallas and they told me I can do it myself if I have 12point Torx tool but need LDAS to reset service reminder light.(or live with the light on until I can make it to the dealer). I hate conflicting information like this. Would it be too much to ask for so someone to crawl underneath the car and tell me what type of connector it is? :)

Aventadors do not use LDAS it a different software platform called ODIS its used for all functions including reset of service indicator.

Early cars have aluminum drain plugs and should be changed to steal when they come out the tool can be bought most places I call it a triple square which is 12 points.

If you live in SoCal take it to Jeff and save the aggravation..... wrenching on cars is fun, gets you more in tune with your car and saves money... but on these new beasts under warranty... best let the pros work on them... just my 0.02