Opinions on Mods.

RobberBaron

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has 1 hour bidding time left, what you gonna do? :)

Looks good to me on surface level. I am a total novice anyway.

Engine lighting is only thing that is a bit controversial. I would use that propably 2-3times a year, and change the lights to white leds... but would it bother me, no if done correctly.

If you have to ask, then you must have some doubt. When in doubt...DONT.

You will know the right one when you see it, it will grab your soul!

If you have to ask, then you must have some doubt. When in doubt...DONT.

You will know the right one when you see it, it will grab your soul!

Agree 100%. I personally think the car looks great and wouldn't hesitate if it passes a PPI. But you already have doubts over:

Color

Mods

Exhaust

Future saleability

It doesn't seem like you are asking us to confirm your decision to purchase it as much as it is to confirm your decision to walk away.

Just saying...

What do you guys think on the exhaust? The sound is epic I'm sure, but some friends of mine have said they don't like how low it sits. I personally do, but I don't want to have something 97% of people don't find tasteful.

I think it's one of the best looking exhausts I've seen on a Murcielago, including the LP640's OEM.

Thank you guys for all of your help. I have to agree that asking to "overrule" the doubt that I have isn't the way to do it. These cars are too special not to buy exactly what you want. I am going to call the gentlemen that owns the car today and let him know I will be continuing on my journey. It is a great looking car and will be good for someone. The comment about the ratio of stock exhausts to manuals made my laugh. That was hilarious.

Thank you all for your input and advice, that is what makes this forum great.

I think I have found a car that better fits what I want: http://www.iagclassics.com/carpages/2002-L...i-For-Sale.html

Color combo looks great and the car looks pretty darn clean. Head unit is not a nav unit but I don't know if that matters to you or not. Oh and a 6MT! Can't beat that.

Color combo looks great and the car looks pretty darn clean. Head unit is not a nav unit but I don't know if that matters to you or not. Oh and a 6MT! Can't beat that.

No you can't. I just got off the phone with the dealer/owner, this car is my winner. No questions about it. Someone earlier in the thread said the car has to grab your soul; this is that car for me. I will swap in an OEM head unit from 2002 to make the car 100% stock (either that or have an OEM head unit for the future). I feel like a kid in a candy shop I'm so excited.

No you can't. I just got off the phone with the dealer/owner, this car is my winner. No questions about it. Someone earlier in the thread said the car has to grab your soul; this is that car for me. I will swap in an OEM head unit from 2002 to make the car 100% stock (either that or have an OEM head unit for the future). I feel like a kid in a candy shop I'm so excited.

PPI!

PPI!

PPI!

PPI!

DON'T FORGET THE PPI!

Oh and congrats....AFTER THE PPI! ;)

PPI!

PPI!

PPI!

PPI!

DON'T FORGET THE PPI!

Oh and congrats....AFTER THE PPI! ;)

Thanks man. I will definitely do a PPI. $1,000.00 to save infinitely more is always a must. I hope this one finally works out and I can post pics of the car. We will see!

Beautiful color combo but the driver's seats looks beat up, light color leather is always hard work, good luck with the purchase.

Beautiful color combo but the driver's seats looks beat up, light color leather is always hard work, good luck with the purchase.

Thank you. The seats are being reconditioned this week by a company that does Ferrari Concourse cars. They will have the receipts to support that claim so I won't have to take their word for it. It is getting a major service right now and will be turn key for a while. New clutch, tires, and 50 pages of service records. Car dent have anything to hide. Of course I will have a PPI done, but I am getting the right vibe on the car. Light leather is a bear, but I can live with it. :icon_mrgreen:

Beautiful color, love it…

When they do the clutch make sure they don’t just replace the disk. Recently I came across a car with a stated “new” clutch. 2 years later the PPI came back saying it’s fried because only the plate was replaced and it was improperly adjusted. When property adjusted for free play no clutch :( Just something to look out for.

Beautiful color, love it…

When they do the clutch make sure they don’t just replace the disk. Recently I came across a car with a stated “new” clutch. 2 years later the PPI came back saying it’s fried because only the plate was replaced and it was improperly adjusted. When property adjusted for free play no clutch :( Just something to look out for.

Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't have thought of that. I will have them specifically check on the PPI.

Good luck. Rosso Vik is a polarizing color. Some LOVE IT. I cants stand it. I'm no fan of maroon on any car especially super cars.

Thank you. The seats are being reconditioned this week by a company that does Ferrari Concourse cars. They will have the receipts to support that claim so I won't have to take their word for it. It is getting a major service right now and will be turn key for a while. New clutch, tires, and 50 pages of service records. Car dent have anything to hide. Of course I will have a PPI done, but I am getting the right vibe on the car. Light leather is a bear, but I can live with it. :icon_mrgreen:

That's great news I really hope you get it!

Now that you've created a lot of exposure for them and their car make sure you are the one who will have the first right of refusal, remember there are many eyes on LP, call me selfish but personally I'd be a lot more discreet if I had a lead on something I were very interested in buying, don't miss the boat :icon_thumleft:

Good luck. Rosso Vik is a polarizing color. Some LOVE IT. I cants stand it. I'm no fan of maroon on any car especially super cars.

I was going to say Assman's favorite color, why did you have to spoil it for me?? :lol2:

That's great news I really hope you get it!

Now that you've created a lot of exposure for them and their car make sure you are the one who will have the first right of refusal, remember there are many eyes on LP, call me selfish but personally I'd be a lot more discreet if I had a lead on something I were very interested in buying, don't miss the boat :icon_thumleft:

Already have a deposit. Pending a successful PPI the car will have a new home. I agree, I always worry posting up a thread on a car I am interested in, but I value what everyone has to say enough to risk it. This time though I have already moved on the car. It won't be anyone else's unless I decide to pass on it. Not planning on that though.

Already have a deposit. Pending a successful PPI the car will have a new home. I agree, I always worry posting up a thread on a car I am interested in, but I value what everyone has to say enough to risk it. This time though I have already moved on the car. It won't be anyone else's unless I decide to pass on it. Not planning on that though.

Great, congrats on getting this one, she does look great.

A quick question, did the previous owner change the door panels to the alcantara and blue Q-Citura stitching too?

If not the leather seats still match the doors, so that would be fine.

As much as I like the bright orange, green and yellow Lamborghini ... for my personal car I would go for a more subtle shade too ... probably Bianco Canopus in fact, but this grey metallic is really nice too.

Great, congrats on getting this one, she does look great.

A quick question, did the previous owner change the door panels to the alcantara and blue Q-Citura stitching too?

If not the leather seats still match the doors, so that would be fine.

As much as I like the bright orange, green and yellow Lamborghini ... for my personal car I would go for a more subtle shade too ... probably Bianco Canopus in fact, but this grey metallic is really nice too.

He is looking at the Rosso Vic on snow corn car now.

He is looking at the Rosso Vic on snow corn car now.

Not looking anymore! I have a deposit on the car. Unless it has some terrible mechanical problem, she is mine. :icon_mrgreen:

Not looking anymore! I have a deposit on the car. Unless it has some terrible mechanical problem, she is mine. :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_dance:

If you don't mind me asking how's your experience been so far with this dealer? They have a Diablo Roadster that looks interesting.

The dealer has been helpful. Easy to get a hold of and get info on the car. Wether I will end up buying this one or another one I am looking at is the big question for me. Dealer has been pleasant thus far though.