Heads and Cam (and Clutch) Project?

JonV8944s

These guys at SP and Full Race sell headers for $2-3K for a simple Supra header that has 6 cylinders and a lot simpler in design and they do that knowing they will sell quite a few numbers. If you guys think anyone decent with half brain is going to build a custom one off 12cyl header for cheap I have a bridge for you for sale in NYC lol

Oh it won't be cheap by any stretch, but it won't make him ship the car across the country which seems paramount.

Custom headers built on the car are never going to be inexpensive, it's a shit ton of fab time and work. Hell, companies want $8k+ for a fcuking cat back on these cars, a full set of stainless headers for that price is damn near a gift. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it won't be cheap by any stretch, but it won't make him ship the car across the country which seems paramount.

Custom headers built on the car are never going to be inexpensive, it's a shit ton of fab time and work. Hell, companies want $8k+ for a fcuking cat back on these cars, a full set of stainless headers for that price is damn near a gift. :icon_thumleft:

Agree with you a 100%. But unless those guys have an LP640 on hand and the customer allows them even to take the stock headers in and out which is a pain and do fab work which does take weeks, I am not sure how it will be any different. At the end of the day unless someone has setup a jig in the past which I know personally no one has they still need to have access to a Murci for a a couple of weeks at the least and be able to pull the stock headers and work off that donated car.

I am not sure how it will be any different.

It won't, but people get ideas stuck in their heads they can't get past.

The majority of Murci exhausts hover around $2k.

If imagaine Murci headers are similar to Diablo headers. I dont know if Id waste my time. On my old Diablo a set of quicksilver headers made 1whp difference.

If imagaine Murci headers are similar to Diablo headers. I dont know if Id waste my time. On my old Diablo a set of quicksilver headers made 1whp difference.

Something is up with that, bad header design possibly. Alpha did 60+ with headers alone iirc.

I'll see what the guys say. Again, I am not going to jump into this blind. I'll do some work. No I am not sending my car off, and I like the idea of keeping it local, and If they want 8k for headers too, I am going to pass. I just cant justify that for this car. We'll see where this goes, fortunately that can be covered later, heads and clutch are the immediate need right now.

AND converting to STICK, if Dwiggs will give some guidance. Does he not come around here anymore? (Yes, I PM'd him)

Thanks,

Jon

They are not even close. I have QS headers on the Diablo 6.0 and they are horrible. They are not equal length runners and the sections are pressure fitted together which means its actually narrower than what you see from outside. QS even on their site state they made these headers as a replacement for the failing thin design of the OEM headers and not made as a performance improvement piece. You cant even measure 1whp difference on a dyno reliably lol. We can dyno the same car without even loosening the straps and get 5whp difference run to run let alone 1whp.

On my LP640 custom equal length long tube headers made almost 70AWP difference on the same dyno without a tune.