PPI custom old cars

profunctional

Thanks for the advice. I didn't have a budget for repairs or maintenance. I assumed it would cost as much as a regular car with regular maintenance. As you stated, I'm not capable of doing the work myself so I spent a week thinking about that. Lot's of good advice here so I decided to pass on it.

I actually considered a hellcat. I went to see it in person and it looks too bulky. It's cool but I don't think it is for me.

I'm still going to keep looking for something with a new chassis, LS motor, and updated everything really. Thanks for all the info. You probably saved me a big headache.

On a side note, the guy has built LS3 that he's willing to throw in for some extra cash. It needs a wiring harness and still needs to be swapped out (labor).

The more you talk, the more I think you'll need to avoid any old car if you aren't looking to learn or willing to flush Benjamin's. No offense, but sounds like you just want the looks of the old cars, don't really want to be working on it. You want turn-key. Just buy a new domestic muscle car and call it good. As emanon hit the nail on the head. Buy a new Hellcat, or I'd suggest a Plastic mess-06 Corvette, or a SS if you want the LS in a new chassis with updated everything.

You can totally go down the rabbit hole with these (older) cars, it's even worse if you want a clean, sorted and well built one :lol2: Even WORSE if you want to do it yourself!

Otherwise, wait it out, the pro-touring bubble popped, and prices are starting to come down. In a year or two, I suspect you'd be able to pick up some decent builds FAR less than what is put in them. But you'll have to go back through do updates and a lot of regular maintenance.

Good luck in your search!

The more you talk, the more I think you'll need to avoid any old car if you aren't looking to learn or willing to flush Benjamin's. No offense, but sounds like you just want the looks of the old cars, don't really want to be working on it. You want turn-key. Just buy a new domestic muscle car and call it good. As emanon hit the nail on the head. Buy a new Hellcat, or I'd suggest a Plastic mess-06 Corvette, or a SS if you want the LS in a new chassis with updated everything.

You can totally go down the rabbit hole with these (older) cars, it's even worse if you want a clean, sorted and well built one :lol2: Even WORSE if you want to do it yourself!

Otherwise, wait it out, the pro-touring bubble popped, and prices are starting to come down. In a year or two, I suspect you'd be able to pick up some decent builds FAR less than what is put in them. But you'll have to go back through do updates and a lot of regular maintenance.

Good luck in your search!

No offense taken. Your description is accurate. I just like the way they look. It's not that I'm not willing to learn how to work on them. I'm just not prepared to at this point in my life. What got me interested was that "pro-touring" in principle meant something that had the "look" of old school but without the headache of "old car" issues. My interpretation was that these were new cars with an old shell. As I start to dive deeper it seems every "pro-touring" car is a ticking time bomb money pit.

While I respect the opinions above and will agree that from a carb perspective, there is some fine tuning and work required there that won't be as simple, everything else is not a big deal to work on. I'm a little south of DC and I'm pretty handy so if you buy one and need help with something, let me know.

While I respect the opinions above and will agree that from a carb perspective, there is some fine tuning and work required there that won't be as simple, everything else is not a big deal to work on. I'm a little south of DC and I'm pretty handy so if you buy one and need help with something, let me know.

Thanks Chip. I'm in Reston.

I have a pro touring 67 chevelle and love it, so if you find a good deal and love the car buy it!

just make sure you get a proper PPI.

I also agree with the others, for almost daily use make sure to find one with a LS motor.

mine is a 540ci with 700hp and is a blast but doesn't have the practicality that a LS motor has.

post-2228-1434635331_thumb.jpg

chevelle_Video.MOV

I have a pro touring 67 chevelle and love it, so if you find a good deal and love the car buy it!

just make sure you get a proper PPI.

I also agree with the others, for almost daily use make sure to find one with a LS motor.

mine is a 540ci with 700hp and is a blast but doesn't have the practicality that a LS motor has.

67Chevelle_5.jpg

Dang that is hot! There is a chevelle with an LS motor on eBay right now in black that I've been eyeing.

Dang that is hot! There is a chevelle with an LS motor on eBay right now in black that I've been eyeing.

thx bud! lets see a pic