All these big $ car rallies, are they really fun?

Camel Toe Juice

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what ever we all agree on!!

I think june 2016 would be best, May can still be a bit cold, north of the Alps.

If you want start a thread and lets organize a plan. i could start it, but my writing is so bad. or i could start it.

soon as we have 5 solid(including me) people, then we can take it private after that.

i saw 4 Cobra guys coming down the Alps on Wednesday afternoon, they pulled into a gas station. one guy stayed back got fuel, the others carried on. they had the ear plugs going, and everything. I had this idea before I saw them, seeing them just sealed it for me. i'm in. even if i'm alone i'm there.

I'm in.

A friend that Fortis knows as well would also be in with his 918. He keeps it in EU solely to use it for driving trips.

As i had said in a separate thread, these things are for attention getting whores, who then go an rampage because they think because they have money, they can act like idiots and get away with. And then you have the posses and the siphoning group who is always present and looking for freebies everywhere.

It is very annoying, i don't want to drive around and party with a bunch of people i don't know.

A big pass.

And then we have a certain member on the board which we all know who goes to all these events and is delusional enough to consider himself a rally driver Have fun boys, this is as lame as it gets.

10000 percent

When I was younger I watched the Gumball Rally videos and I thought that would be on the top of my bucket list.

But I have done my share of local one day runs and couldnt even fathom of doing a 5 day, 3k mile run while partying hard each night.

I dont mind doing a 250 mile run, hotel and then going home the next day. But 3k miles , 20k, with the risk of a break down seems a bit out there to me.

Maybe I am getting older or have the wrong impression, thoughts?

Man it is really hard...

I have done all three major ones and have more experience with that than anyone else here in this forum.

don't bother with the haters and trolling that will come .. just call me man or e-mail me [email protected]. I could write an essay on pros and cons but there is too much negativbity in this place to bother. Also have cool pics etc but once again too many haters to share my real fun memories with ..

I have the answers to all your questions and more experience than anyone here and we can talk. its not for everyone, I do them ALL and I have an absolute blast. I really have fun and it is a huge part of my life. love to speak to real lp power people anytime. cheers. (just finished crossing country yesterday) call or email if you need questions re: rallies answered. love to help out. Bryan of TeamSalamone

I thought it would be cool to do something like the Gumball Rally, but looking at the Gold Rush Rally, I would never be able to justify spending $20,000+ on driving around for a week and partying every night just to be hung over every day.

We don't drink in rallies. only a portion of the people do.

it is a lot of money (gumball all out was 80k for me)

then again 500k for a car is hard to justify to some. cheers.

:iamwithstupid: I've done several. The cops are either with you or against you. When they are against you, the entire weekend is spent running from them. And you could be the safest driver out there, that's not the issue, you will see retards passing on double solids, in the shoulder, blowing through residential areas. In my limited experience I am surprised there are not more serious accidents and deaths.

I have epic police stories to tell from my recent goldRush ... lol last week I was "roadblocked" by the Navajo Nation police in Arizone.. you will love the film footage and how it turned out... oh yess and the "hiding in a trailer park in central florida" because I was being chased...lol lol lol lol I wish I could share that stuff here. lol

we are putting the footage together it was so epic!

btw... after 2 hours hiding in a trailer park with my new found friends .. to avaid police... lol I realized that I was not the only one hiding out there. (insert scared and surprised emoji)

also cop threatened to arrest me for "fashion crime" seriously man!!!! video coming

I like the concept of his new 'Adventure Drives.' It's mostly friends who know each other going on adventures and scenic drives... kind of like Hovik and DFC, in some ways.

Hovik run drives and anything Rob Ferretti does are going to be the best bet for a 100% pure driving experience with the greatest people ever. I cant say enough about them

many here hating and name calling on "big rally" drivers and their participants .. well .. that's silly keyboard trolling nonsense. If you want a pure awesome driving experience with the BEST of the BEST try hovik and ROB Ferreti ( I live for those) ... if you want more of a cannonball run style comedy-drama- life experience try a bid rally.

you can also just decline to drive your cars and use them as prized posessions or collect them

or even just hate on one type of people (purists vs. frat-house rally behavior) that's cool too ... my dad fought a war so you can hate behind keyboards ..

there are some of us here (TeamSalamone) that have done it all and seem to have a real good time doing anything even remotely lambo related. We stay with fun and positive people and whether you are in a Gumball or a Hovik/rob ferreti drive ... look for the complainers .. stay away from them. Look at the people who are having fun.. smiling and laughing.. try to make some friends. life is an adventure.

a personal pic from a "big rally"

this was me being greeted by my Mom at a finish line.

I know its not everybody's idea of fun .. but I wasn't good at football or wrestling in highshool lol but driving lambos long distance in rallies (I got that down lol)

but here, my 80 year old Mother got to see me complete something pretty epic. funny thing is that I personally know almost every single face in that crowd. I have this pic framed. Mom and I have never shared such an awesome moment ... ever. It almost makes me cry it was such a perfect moment in life when I heard some announce "Bryan ... your Mother is here!!"

have fun

post-93516-1434389514.jpg

a personal pic from a "big rally"

this was me being greeted by my Mom at a finish line.

I know its not everybody's idea of fun .. but I wasn't good at football or wrestling in highshool lol but driving lambos long distance in rallies (I got that down lol)

but here, my 80 year old Mother got to see me complete something pretty epic. funny thing is that I personally know almost every single face in that crowd. I have this pic framed. Mom and I have never shared such an awesome moment ... ever. It almost makes me cry it was such a perfect moment in life when I heard some announce "Bryan ... your Mother is here!!"

have fun

To each their own. That's awesome that you mom came out to support your passion. :icon_thumleft: This probably deserves it's own thread, but came across this (go to the 3:00 min mark):

Bryan your mom is 80 in that photo?? She looks fantastic for that age!

Thanks Fortis!!

yep .. and I am almost 50!! :( she still works with me at my office daily as a book keeper.

both her and my dad have come to see me in major rallies. Recently I did a rally with LamboManju from the forum.. and man lol I know he had a good time. especially at new Orleans. He was loving it .. or at least I hope so cause I told him about it!

Man it is really hard...

I have done all three major ones and have more experience with that than anyone else here in this forum.

don't bother with the haters and trolling that will come .. just call me man or e-mail me [email protected]. I could write an essay on pros and cons but there is too much negativbity in this place to bother. Also have cool pics etc but once again too many haters to share my real fun memories with ..

I have the answers to all your questions and more experience than anyone here and we can talk. its not for everyone, I do them ALL and I have an absolute blast. I really have fun and it is a huge part of my life. love to speak to real lp power people anytime. cheers. (just finished crossing country yesterday) call or email if you need questions re: rallies answered. love to help out. Bryan of TeamSalamone

I'm not hating at all, Infact I thought about doing it back in the day(before the 5 back surgeries) but I didnt think I could make it then, there is ZERO chance I could now.

I have some friends who do them every year and they like them, met a few people who didn't.

Its like anything, what some people like others don't. You couldn't get me on a cruise ship for anything-well maybe if i got a Zonda I'd do a cruise ship. Other people love them.

I think those rallies are great, and i'm glad the people who do them like them. I just have never had the endurance(in anything for that matter) to drive that far everyday, in succession. I can't do it, mentally or physically. 4-5 hours a day i can do.

best

eric

come to think of it, i did jump into one of those runs back in 03 or 04, it was a Hollywood to NYC run IIRC, It started on Hollywood Bl and ended in Utah that night. They were cool about it, I had a new(at the time) green Murci, they decaled all up, and put it into the middle of the line up of cars. The cars were staged on H-wood Bl. There was a zillion tourists. I remember blasting it up to about 90mph(no cats) down H-wood Bl, that was fun. Turned south on Highland and drove balls to the wall to about Barstow, then dialed it back and went home in Vegas. The launch of all the cars was great! they were very nice to let me participate for free, granted I did put a nice car in the line-up, certainly not the most expensive car. good times, thats whats fun about Lambos & other good cars, you get opportunities that dont happen in a Jetta(I just sold mine-so i aint hating), there is something magic about good cars. And compared to jets and yachts(other big toys) they are free.

We don't drink in rallies. only a portion of the people do.

it is a lot of money (gumball all out was 80k for me)

then again 500k for a car is hard to justify to some. cheers.

It's about time I got some humor in response to #4! I'm very lucky to have a wife that's supportive of my goals, she's just as excited as I am!

Thanks, Bryan. My apologies for assuming. Watching some of the GR videos and seeing the raves and what not, one could only assume all you guys did when not driving was drinking and partying.

I saw a gold wrapped Rolls Drophead on Sunset yesterday morning parked at Coffee Bean, had all the stickers.

That was Steve. He's a great guy and used to come out with on all the runs with John and the Enzo's back in the day. He's def a big rally guy, and we used to joke he's way too much of a Lambo personality to be a Ferrari guy. I'm sure Bryan knows him well, on the Gumball he goes as Team Goldfinger.

I have one person with a car lined up so far-me!!!

I also have a good friend who is going to drive the support van/car for us.

I'm looking for 3-4 people who are down to do a organized run for about 7-9 days, i'm open to suggestions from anyone who wants to go.

I have the spot in Germany to start and receive the cars that are shipped in, my one friend who lives in Germany night bring his F12(he aint a FF), I have a nice loop in mind, starts in Munich and ends there. That can be modified if we want to drive more in Germany-fast. Night driving there is better as there's less traffic we drove his F12 320-330kms/hr at night no problem several trips between Munich and Augsburg(where his businesses are)

Clearly there will need to be a agreement among participants on where we are going and what the schedule is. I have a few nice hotels in Italy where the cars are safe lined up, Monaco for 2 nights would be fun and cars are GREAT there. Switzerland is beautiful thru the Alps but you can NOT drive fast there(game over-in a BIG way).

that's my plan, to keep the cars safe, have fun, go to the factory if we like, hell we could stop by Ferarri, Pagani and Lambo all three factories.

Like I said, No coke, whores, or jack-off's. my friend in Germany will arrange the shipping. I'm taking my new SV, I'll have it by then.

Whats it gonna cost? I dont know. Figure 5000Euro for good hotels, food, fuel. Thats on the high. flying to Germany for me is cheap as I use Amex miles on Virgin and fly Lax-london 1st class for free, I'd guess with the cars $10K. I'm not collecting any $ at all from anyone, there will be reservations at each stop for the hotel-on your card. They only thing we need to do is pool up the $$ for the support driver, he is a pretty well known guy in SoCal(he has since moved) and a great photog. So we have to take care of him.

this aint a 20K or 30K trip but it aint like a Malibu run or Cars & coffee. It's a private run that anyone who particapates in can have input into what we do before it's decided. Maybe we decide to chill in Monaco for 3 instead of 2 nights, i'm cool with that. At the end of the day everyone who participates will like the plan or they can opt out, this way it's all good from day one.

that's my loose idea as of now.

I'll start a thread on it next post

Eric, great idea but I would like to make a suggestion of doing local run of a few nights ( and there are plently of places here in the states for it) before people commit to a 25K event blind folded.

That was Steve. He's a great guy and used to come out with on all the runs with John and the Enzo's back in the day. He's def a big rally guy, and we used to joke he's way too much of a Lambo personality to be a Ferrari guy. I'm sure Bryan knows him well, on the Gumball he goes as Team Goldfinger.

Red 430 Spyder Steve?

Red 430 Spyder Steve?

Yessir. He's got a 458 Speciale now and is using the drophead for rallies.

Yessir. He's got a 458 Speciale now and is using the drophead for rallies.

Steve is a rally personality ! He was a prankster and a nemesis to us in some rallies ... And we just love that guy.

Part of the film are producing from the last GOLDRUSH involves my breakdown which was posted here in lambo power

We were in the tow truck traveling a few hundred miles to Lamborghini in the middle of the night when a gold rolls Royce pulled up next to us and started beeping. Tow truck driver went nuts lol

What ensued was some craziness; good time; and a great friend spending time with us during our ordeal.

The film is going to be hilarious. Depending on how "Crazy and fun" it comes out, we may not post it in any forums. If it's pretty toned down we may post it. It's sad but the amount of judgement and hate increases exponentially as we show how much fun we have. Anyway.. This "Steve" the "Goldfinger" ran with us in Gumball and Goldrush and just last week assisted us ..!! Here's a pic! the video is crazy! Conc was conspiring with the tow guy to kill me when Steve showed up ... Rallies can lend to life long friendships and bonds for some .. That is the case with us and in Goldrush last week Wendy up with past rally friends from Bullrun and GUMBALL and the giro (as well as Goldrush) all throughout the USA !! Some LP friends too!

Steve drove 140 miles each way to spend time with us and cheer us up in a time of need. its nice to know that there are people who value the "rally bonds" and who will drive round trip 280 at 2 a.m. just to give us In and Out Burgers .. share some laughs and talk ..

also thanks to the lp friends with their well wishes in my times of needs in rallies of the years ... Dr M; and so many other Joe of Mid Atlantic Lamborghini ... and so many others

by the way; I cant straighten the pics and I don't know why two are heare but hey.. you get the idea.. rallies may be worth it for some.. definitely for me they are a huge part of my life and I have made hundreds of lifelong friends world wide .. together with some real cool lambo related experiences and survived some real difficulties to. I am scheduled to do the Giro next month. Car works great so gong to do the Giro starting in Maine (U.S. east coast) those are great runs

post-93516-1434476257_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1434476259_thumb.jpg

Steve is a rally personality ! He was a prankster and a nemesis to us in some rallies ... And we just love that guy.

One of my favorite memories with him was we were doing a drive and he brought with him a radar gun and at random times would just start pointing it and setting people's radar detects off, so everyone would slow to a crawl suddenly and he'd just drive past everyone. He's a great dude :icon_thumleft:

One of my favorite memories with him was we were doing a drive and he brought with him a radar gun and at random times would just start pointing it and setting people's radar detects off, so everyone would slow to a crawl suddenly and he'd just drive past everyone. He's a great dude :icon_thumleft:

I was an intended target of that in 2012 going through Oklohoma chasing him down lol

he had a chrome Ferrari and I had chrome 2012 aventador and the roads were ... Perfect! if I had a way to insert a small video here I would

enjoy TeamSalamone video of the "goldfinger" and some rally pranks.

its a link so you don't have to watch it if you don't like fun pranks .. rallies .. and high end cars and ridiculous people ;)

I love this clip ... have fun ... #PackingPeanuts