Car Swap

StoleIt

A good buddy of mine and I finally made the time after our local Cars and Coffee to give each others car a try. He has an 04 Gallardo 6 speed with basically straight pipe exhaust. It sounds fantastic and will seriously give your heart pause if you are standing behind it when he gives it a good rev. I have a Gen 3 Viper coupe with a Paxton kit making around 670rwhp.

R9P1PGK.jpg

So after a cruise over to the Twin Peaks for lunch we decided to do the swap.

Thoughts: The 6 speed on his Gallardo is amazing. It is most similar to working the rifle bolt on a tricked out Remington 700 IMO. This was my first experience with a gated shifter and I didn't find it annoying or unnatural at all, so I am bit taken back since pretty much everything I have ever read in print media is negative toward them. The sound...wow. Went through a tunnel with the windows open and gave it a good 2nd gear pull...be still my beating heart. Lastly, it was extremely planted. Not sure if it's the 4wd or just the suspension but I kept WOT through a turn that I would have easily lifted in my Viper.

His thoughts: He really liked the sound of mine and compared it his Gallardo. This was also the fastest/most powerful car he had ever driven, and he really liked the power-band of the supercharger. He also owns a gen 2 Viper and definitely noted how much easier it was to drive than his RT/10.

Anywho, I get to cross out "drive a manual Lamborghini" from my bucket list now. And must accelerate (pun intended) my plans on purchasing one...

zdVlpl9.jpg

(part of the group that cruised to lunch after C&C)

Very cool!! Looked like a fun day

It was a swap like you did with your friend that gave me the bug to get a Gallardo.

A buddy of mine had an orange 05 six speed manual. We swapped for a weekend. Was awesome

.... Consider yourself bit!

To this date, I hv only swapped cars with one other enthusiast. It is an awesome way to experience a ride and pride of another friend. Cheers to you and this is a friend you keep. Thanks for sharing

Anywho, I get to cross out "drive a manual Lamborghini" from my bucket list now. And must accelerate (pun intended) my plans on purchasing one...

I see 4 6MT Gallardos on Autotrader for under 100k. ;)

Yeah I dont know if I could do a swap.. Would have to be someone I really know and trust.. But it would be a great way to get a feel for different cars..

I see 4 6MT Gallardos on Autotrader for under 100k. ;)

Haha trust me I have a browser full of potentials.

My min requirements are: 6 spd and a unique color (mostly orange/green). Bonus points for updated nose and exhaust.

Automotive swinging. lol

Have had buddies drive my car, and have been blessed to have friends that trusted me enough to drive MANY of their cars. Kisco actually let me drive his first TTG in the rain/wet after he waited 5-6 months for it to be built. Was white knuckled the whole time.