Rust proofing my SV frames, WORTH reading

SAMLAMBO

While I had the engine dropped to change my egear actuator, I got the agent to also 3M rubber coat all the steel frames to prevent rust and stone chips. Got them to also clean up my engine, gearbox and replace all bolts, screws, wiring that looked old. Basically I told them to make it as good as new or better.

Also had a friend do this to his SV.

Call me crazy but I just like my SV in mint condition, like something you'll see at a concourse event.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What happened to the actuator? Mine went bad and wouldn't change gears or go into reverse. BTW...your SV looks killer.

What happened to the actuator? Mine went bad and wouldn't change gears or go into reverse. BTW...your SV looks killer.

Thx buddy!

It was seeping oil

SAMLAMBO: Holy moly, is that a LM002 in Singapore??

Yes bro it is. Belongs to the Johor Royalty family

Couldn't have been done at a better time.

Looks great, thanks for sharing :icon_thumleft:

Thanks bro. I've seen 1 SV where the rear frame was rusted out pretty bad. The welder had to chop of that part and re-weld on a new part. Off course the welder comes from 30 years of welding experience and probably did a better job than the factory did but who would like to go down that road right.

I assure you, you'd never see spray on 3m Bedliner on a concours winning car. However, one that is driven, appreciated and understood? Absolutely!

Yes your right

Hmm interesting I have had some one suggest getting the body work sprayed with a rubber protectant which would be like PPF clear or a wrap coloured which sounded interesting but not sure of the negatives. This could be just lower areas prone to stone damage or the whole car like a respray which can be peeled off at any time. Any comments or experience of such products would be appreciated.

Hmm interesting I have had some one suggest getting the body work sprayed with a rubber protectant which would be like PPF clear or a wrap coloured which sounded interesting but not sure of the negatives. This could be just lower areas prone to stone damage or the whole car like a respray which can be peeled off at any time. Any comments or experience of such products would be appreciated.

Just seen its called plasti dip

Not sure of what this ppf wrap is bro but this 3M product has been used on vehicle that go through rough terrain and holding up for 10 years with no issues. You can do a google search on reviews for this product.

I honestly wish more people would protect their vehicles with it, at least for the drivers in the crowd. That stuff is incredible.

Well if its anything, including myself two of us have done it to our SV's here in Singapore.

Nice work!

Thanks. Also had a lot of the washers, hoses, clamps, bolts etc replaced with new ones while they were at it.

I actually just powder coated my cross bar (rear), mesh exhaust cover, engine and transmission mounts etc as i have the engine/trans out of mine. I'm also painting frame (and internally treating with rust proofer as i can see some rust coloured water runs coming from bolt holes...)

I actually just powder coated my cross bar (rear), mesh exhaust cover, engine and transmission mounts etc as i have the engine/trans out of mine. I'm also painting frame (and internally treating with rust proofer as i can see some rust coloured water runs coming from bolt holes...)

Might as well since your engine is out. A worthwhile small investment that will take your car a long way. :icon_thumleft:

Which is also the reason that there is another SV at the agent right now while I type this doing the same coating like I did.