Time for new SUV, What do you guys suggest?

AJGlobal

The escalade has 57k miles on it and its time to get rid of it. Had it for 2 years now. Its the wifes daily driver. We were just going to get another escy. I have a dealers license so I can go rip an '05 with less than 10k miles for cheap from the auction or find one that was traded in at a local new car store (and pay wholesale) before they put it out on there front lines to sell. Then she mentioned a Range rover HSE , like an '04 or '05. We have 2 kids and 2 80 lb. female rotties that get moved around in the escy (picture of the cargo attached) so we need to make sure whatever we get will fit us all comfortably. Not sure if the RR has enough room.

What you guys think? any ideas?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the Range Rover and it's an excellent vehicle, although I'm now thinking of the new super charged version ......

I'd stay with the Escalade. My wife drives one too, I have three daughters, and she loves it. It's quality is POS compared the above listed vehicles but has three rows of seating which come in handy when doing those daily family chores with the kids, transporting friends etc. It is also a GREAT vehicle for road trips ... very comfortable and roomy. I will only sell mine if I move back to Hawaii .... no room. :mrgreen:

Great feedback, thanks guys. Supercharged RR???? Maybe for me but not for the wife. 345HP in the escy is enough for her. Like Mana said it is a POS compared to all the others listed (as soon as it hit 50k miles and went out of warranty everything started breaking on it) but we have a vacation home just outside Park City, UT thats almost done being built and road trips will be regular with the whole family between Phx and there and Vegas and there. The wife is going to stop by the dealership and check out the RR today and let me know what she thinks, but I have a feeling another escalade may be in the cards. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Actually the wife just called me and left the RR dealership, she loves it and said there is no 3 rd row seat but its big enough to fit us all for trips and what not. So i think thats the direction we will be going.

Yeah she wants me to go look at it. I hada client a few years back that had an HSE and I rode in it but forgot what it looked like inside. I won't pay MSRP not when I can grab one for $20k less at the auction with less than 10k miles on it. Won't see any RR sports running through there for a while yet, but pleny of HSE '04 and '05

so maybe Touareg ?? it's looking good, not very expensive, and has a various choice of engines ... ??

88 LM002?.

Funny you mention the toureg. I picked one up at the auction 2 weeks ago cause I had a buyer for it. has 16k miles on it. Only the V6 though. She said even if it had a V8 she would not want it. Too small. We still have have it, the person i bought it for did'nt want it so its for sale. $30k

I have a couple that are nice - I have the Infiniti FX45 - great performance a little small for a lot of storage.

I also just got the wife a QX56 - this thing is huge, loaded with all kinds of cool goodies - and honestly drives like a car (for being as big as a Schoolbus). Fully loaded under 60K - pretty decent overall and the wife loves it.

We have seen the QX56, she does not like the looks on it. I like it but she's the one who's gotta drive it. FX45 is too small.

We had a couple of the infinity trucks as loaners while our Audi was getting repaired, it was too plasticky inside and cheap feeling. Stick with the cady, allthough the quality is poor, you can't beat the space and the fact that it can tow if you need to.