Underground Racing New World Record & wins Wannagofast 1/2 Mile

Underground Racing

John,

Sounds like a "Hell Of A Trip" ...

Great to see the car is soooo boring ... As expected, missile quick and bulletproof reliability ... With No Surprises ...

Quick question ... I assumed the Stage 3's ran 67 mm turbos ... But you mentioned you're running 62 mm ... Why???

Be Safe ... Enjoy the rest of your trip ...

I think it goes:

Stage 3 62mm

Stage 1R 67mm

Stage 2R 71mm

Stage X 76mm.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

Sounds like a "Hell Of A Trip" ...

Great to see the car is soooo boring ... As expected, missile quick and bulletproof reliability ... With No Surprises ...

Quick question ... I assumed the Stage 3's ran 67 mm turbos ... But you mentioned you're running 62 mm ... Why???

Be Safe ... Enjoy the rest of your trip ...

Hi woosh,

you are correct. Normal Stage 3 is 67 mm turbos.

I am trialling 62 mm turbos primarily to lower the revs at which boost comes on line.

It looks like 3500rpm to me.

On the dyno on race gas seeing 1250 whp, the limit for the street ceramic clutch I am running for 'daily driver' driveability.

I can confirm clutch feels like oem.

Cheers,

john

Hi woosh,

you are correct. Normal Stage 3 is 67 mm turbos.

I am trialling 62 mm turbos primarily to lower the revs at which boost comes on line.

It looks like 3500rpm to me.

On the dyno on race gas seeing 1250 whp, the limit for the street ceramic clutch I am running for 'daily driver' driveability.

I can confirm clutch feels like oem.

Cheers,

john

Faster spool ... Same max power level (for Stage 3) ... What's not to like ... You may start a trend ...

On 93 octane ... With the 62's ... Are you still around 1130 - 1150 hp at the tires???

What's the next stop on your trip???

Faster spool ... Same max power level (for Stage 3) ... What's not to like ... You may start a trend ...

On 93 octane ... With the 62's ... Are you still around 1130 - 1150 hp at the tires???

What's the next stop on your trip???

Hi Woosh,

Apologies for late reply, but have been busy driving across your wonderful country:)

After bodega bay, CA then drove to Palo Alto/mountain view-s. bay area then pebble beach, then LA/Anaheim, then Lordsburg NM, Houston,-Coffee and Cars, Little Rock AK, Memphis TN, now in Oak Ridge TN and will drive tail of the dragon and diamondback to get back to Charlotte Tuesday night.

The 'scenic' drive down tail of the dragon and diamondback should provide some more info on whether superchargers or turbos are better for canyon carving:)

Also how good is the 390mm Alcon front steel rotor upgrade!

I will post pics when get back to charlotte/UGR and final mileage covered :).

cheers,

john

Hi Woosh,

Apologies for late reply, but have been busy driving across your wonderful country:)

After bodega bay, CA then drove to Palo Alto/mountain view-s. bay area then pebble beach, then LA/Anaheim, then Lordsburg NM, Houston,-Coffee and Cars, Little Rock AK, Memphis TN, now in Oak Ridge TN and will drive tail of the dragon and diamondback to get back to Charlotte Tuesday night.

The 'scenic' drive down tail of the dragon and diamondback should provide some more info on whether superchargers or turbos are better for canyon carving:)

Also how good is the 390mm Alcon front steel rotor upgrade!

I will post pics when get back to charlotte/UGR and final mileage covered :).

cheers,

john

absolutely amazing that you can double a car's power...an exotic...and then drive it across country. TWICE!!! john, sir....you are doing it RIGHT!!! and this is about as impressive a testimony for UGR than anything that they do at an event or runway. kudos to all involved!!!

absolutely amazing that you can double a car's power...an exotic...and then drive it across country. TWICE!!! john, sir....you are doing it RIGHT!!! and this is about as impressive a testimony for UGR than anything that they do at an event or runway. kudos to all involved!!!

:iamwithstupid: Amazing.

Hi all,

I have to chip in here.

On my trip around the USA, I fortuitously managed to be at the WGF event at Suplhur Springs having driven my right hand drive 2011 LP560-4 UGR stage 3 with race heads from UGR Charlotte shop to Sulphur Springs , 1200 miles on 93 octane pump gas in two days.

I then entered the WGF event on Sunday, UGR kindly fitted a set of R888's to my car and of course still on pump gas ,as cant drive around the US on MS109, I ran about six times down the strip.

My best speed as launches were not perfect , was a 'captain slow' 188.1mph for the standing start half mile, but I am very pleased with this as running 62 mm turbos and pump gas.

I was privileged to see the runs of the UGR green Huracan, R8 and Kevin's red Huracan.

A great event and credit to the organisers and all competitors. I also got the chance to meet, Leo, Mark, Dustin and Gidi:)

I then left the track and on my refitted winter tyres continued my tour to San Francisco via Houston, Austin, Roswell, White Sands, Truth or Consequence, Route 66, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Death Valley, Yosemite, Bakersfield, Sonoma, Bodega, Sacramento and now about to arrive in South San Francisco on Sunday.- some gratuitous photos attached with more detailed separate post on the trip to follow.

The car has not missed a beat, engine and clutch run like an oem daily driver under 3500rpm and I am averaging 20mpg, with the occasional pull, where safe:)

Over 3,500 rpm, it is hang onto the steering wheel and focus on the road ahead which rushes toward you at an alarming pace, I give you the big tip:)

The car's TT setup is a testament to the reliability of the UGR build and the performance delivered and I am truly impressed!.

Just my two cents worth from a street driven Lamborghini Gallardo UGR TT driven at the track by the owner.

cheers,

john

Was a pleasure meeting you and glad to hear you're having a fun trip!!!! Till next year!!!!

• 1 month later...
Any idea when we might see the Green Monster again ??

After the huracan set the new 238 1/2 mile record, it went directly home for him to drive it on the streets for a while. We just got it back for a checkup and race prep for TX2K. It will be there and this time we will have traction on the runway that we will be racing on. ;)