Is the LP5000S fun to drive?

IanMan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care which is faster....6 carbs....no thanks.

Can't think like that....it's a Countach for crying out loud. :icon_mrgreen:

As far as not caring about which is faster, that I can definitely agree with.

Part of the reason why I'm biased against injected CTs is because if performance and reliability are that important, might as well just get a Diablo. No CT injected motor can match a Diablo.

I know the taboo of molesting such an iconic classic as a Countach that has shown considerable appreciation is out of the question for most, but I think it would be cool if someone did a Diablo 5.7/6.0 or Murcielago 6.2/6 speed swap in one. The cost & engineering might pose a challenge,not sure on dimensional constraints of the driveline, but at least the heartbeat is still Lamborghini.

How bout a 6.1 11 to 1 compression 9000 rpm?

Soon

GeorgeV12

I think the 5.7 liter could be done....only half a liter larger. Maybe 6.0 too.

Can't think like that....it's a Countach for crying out loud. :icon_mrgreen:

As far as not caring about which is faster, that I can definitely agree with.

Part of the reason why I'm biased against injected CTs is because if performance and reliability are that important, might as well just get a Diablo. No CT injected motor can match a Diablo.

The Countachs problem is not the motor, what it lacks in power it makes up in weight. Its the cars aerodynamics. It litterly like a brick... I believe the drag co is .42 and thats without the wing...

lol This is akin to asking if a Van Goh painting is vibrant enough to bring out the colours of your carpet.

LOL, good quote.

I don't care which is faster....6 carbs....no thanks.

Don't blame ya.....carbs are great but it is always in the back of your mind when you are about to get in and drive.

Yeah, RPM and Compression is key if you gonna stay NA. Just gotta have the fuel delivery and valve train under control.

You building a Bizzarrini Monster Stroker by chance?

Never have seen the Bizzarrini engine, tell me more about it.

By the way, everybody, FORGET installing Diablo or Murce parts in Countach.

Countach gearbox just fits frame, Diablo/Murce gearbox around 10 in wide, about 2 inches bigger than the frame. Frame is triangulated and any cutting will destroy the strength. Been there done that, well took a look at doing it.

GeorgeV12

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Chad's been working on a monster Countach engine with Murcielago pistons and crank.

Maybe, you will have some pictures tomorrow :rolleyes:

George V12

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Chad's been working on a monster Countach engine with Murcielago pistons and crank.

Maybe, you will have some pictures tomorrow :rolleyes:

George V12

A picture or 2. First is stock valves, second is my valves, 3 pic is stock next to my special rods.

4th pic is of Jarama engine I built for a friend.

GeorgeV12

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

PICT0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Awesome Georgev12....hope I didn't insult ya. :icon_pray:

Not to take this thread off topic, but does anyone remember a highly modified black QV Countach with gold wheels 10 or 15 years ago for sale in the dupont registry? Within the add it claimed it beat Superbikes 0-150 mph or more.

High Compression 9000+rpm Countach with a good exhaust would be Bliss.

Awesome Georgev12....hope I didn't insult ya. :icon_pray:

Not to take this thread off topic, but does anyone remember a highly modified black QV Countach with gold wheels 10 or 15 years ago for sale in the dupont registry? Within the add it claimed it beat Superbikes 0-150 mph or more.

High Compression 9000+rpm Countach with a good exhaust would be Bliss.

Insult me, no way, I have the Trump attitude, you don't like it, up yours :icon_mrgreen:

Been building things like this for years, been told it would not work, well I do it anyway.

Stock piston next to my special made.

GeorgeV12

PICT0005.JPG

• 7 months later...
Lastly this has been my experience having driven pretty much every variation of the Countach, baring the Lp400, which was actually the first Lambo I ever had the pleasure of riding in. In any event, any Qv is significantly faster than a 5000S.

On a side note, hopefully James Chen and I can get our schedules to align and finally put an end to the debate, with his DD vs my F/I.

Hey Allan! Any luck on this? I know you both have well taken care of cars without emissions setbacks. I think it would definitely make for a well organized comparison.

Hey Allan! Any luck on this? I know you both have well taken care of cars without emissions setbacks. I think it would definitely make for a well organized comparison.

Nothing yet!