Is the LP5000S fun to drive?

IanMan

Does it feel fast? Yes, a lot.

Is it realy fast? yes, enough also today.

5000S is a great engine as power ourput, good at low, mid and top end. I liked it even more than the QV (that is faster, of course). Much better than the 4 liters. Just one problem: it's not reliable. Or at least mine wans't.

But usually you don't buy a 30+ years old car because it's fast: it was the fastest car in the world at its time, and this should be enough.

ciao

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400S is also still good today when right

all the countach are still fun today IF in good working order and running as they should

Is that fun to drive? No, not for me: A lot of understeering, no brakes, very heavy clutch. But it's very emotional with a fantastic sound. So it depends what you consider "fun to drive".

Ciao

The Countach is on the cusp of that power threshold from what I hear.

I know for a fact that a Diablo has plenty of power to be enjoyable within the contexts of the Lambo "experience".

Agree with many on here that when you dip into a Countach, power is not primary focus on your mind....so long as you get one in good running shape.

I don’t consider the QV fast at all. Driving it is an emotional experience, not fun per say, more mythical. Someone said once you don’t drive a Countach, a Countach allows you to drive it. It’s heavy, hard, unforgiving, and a challenge in the hills. On multiple occasions I’ve followed groups though the twisties thinking WTF did I bring this car for.

However…. from the moment you sit in it it’s as if you’ve been beamed into another dimension, an adolescent’s dream at 50. Sliding into the seating position, glancing across the gauge cluster, combined with the old leather & oil smells is an indescribable experience. Turning the key and the sounds on startup are never tiring. Wow. Outside of full throttle acceleration out of a clover leaf onto the freeway with just a touch of wheel spin and tail hop, the experience leading up to and the actual turning of the key is a pinnacle experience.

I don’t consider the QV fast at all. Driving it is an emotional experience, not fun per say, more mythical. Someone said once you don’t drive a Countach, a Countach allows you to drive it. It’s heavy, hard, unforgiving, and a challenge in the hills. On multiple occasions I’ve followed groups though the twisties thinking WTF did I bring this car for.

However…. from the moment you sit in it it’s as if you’ve been beamed into another dimension, an adolescent’s dream at 50. Sliding into the seating position, glancing across the gauge cluster, combined with the old leather & oil smells is an indescribable experience. Turning the key and the sounds on startup are never tiring. Wow. Outside of full throttle acceleration out of a clover leaf onto the freeway with just a touch of wheel spin and tail hop, the experience leading up to and the actual turning of the key is a pinnacle experience.

Couldn't agree more

ciao

Any one can master a new Lambprghini, only a Bad Boy can master a Countach....

Someone said once you don’t drive a Countach, a Countach allows you to drive it.

My line is (And I suppose after ten years of ownership Im as much of an expert as anybody on the subject), "You dont really DRIVE it. You more or less encourage it... And it gets a vote."

Heres a 5000S high speed run... Does that look boring?

That was the best passenger seat video I've ever seen. Thanks.

I think that the CT without the later bumper addition that obscures the taillights looks better.

Exciting ?...135 mph...on a 120 foot wide runway :rolleyes: those jets need 125 to pickup the nose and 150-160 to become airborne. A good running Ford Focus can do 135 :eusa_shhh:

Paul

I've had a few...They are fun to drive because when you do..they stop traffic....but you can't see at all on the sides when you are driving and to change lanes you have to speed up to the point that no one could be next to you, then change lanes. Backing into a parking spot requires opening the drivers door and sitting on the sill...they are noisy,at the end of the day you are tired because it is WORK to drive them on anything else then a highway. but they are a COUNTACH!And that's a good thing!