FS : OFFICIAL Lamborghini Racing Exhaust 60% off

teddy17bh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably worth more as a used part than on e car I know several that have had the race exhaust taken of and fitted to other cars by dealer, why would it invalidate warranty if the parts genuine and its fitted correctly. Just get them to price to fit it and do the job properly.

Sounds like they just want to sell you a new one.

Also would bet the software relates more to the exhaust being valveless than to any great performance or fuelling changes.

All these threats of no warranty is just to tie people in to their products, wouldn't and doesn't stand up if it's a proper part, no matter what the dealer tells you. I've literally had the arguement, they back down, I would only use EU certified parts though so you can demonstrate quality and don't mess with the cats until it's out of warranty, because that actually will change the engine parameters.

On this point they will also tell you the same for different tyre brands, tracker fitting that also needs their software, etc, etc, but it's simply not true. But if you don't want to risk an arguement and it sets your mind at ease you make your choice and pay the money.

It probably worth more as a used part than on e car I know several that have had the race exhaust taken of and fitted to other cars by dealer, why would it invalidate warranty if the parts genuine and its fitted correctly. Just get them to price to fit it and do the job properly.

Sounds like they just want to sell you a new one.

Also would bet the software relates more to the exhaust being valveless than to any great performance or fuelling changes.

All these threats of no warranty is just to tie people in to their products, wouldn't and doesn't stand up if it's a proper part, no matter what the dealer tells you. I've literally had the arguement, they back down, I would only use EU certified parts though so you can demonstrate quality and don't mess with the cats until it's out of warranty, because that actually will change the engine parameters.

On this point they will also tell you the same for different tyre brands, tracker fitting that also needs their software, etc, etc, but it's simply not true. But if you don't want to risk an arguement and it sets your mind at ease you make your choice and pay the money.

I think the whole issue is, on the used part the factory doesn't know if it was ever tampered with or not. I'm sure that is the argument.

on a 600k car I'm not up for any arguments lol if I ever had a warranty claim.

plus dealer said the factory asks for SN# before being able to tune. not sure how that works.

Warranty sometimes comes down to the relationship you have with your dealer pretty much everything in this life comes down to whom you know and how well you know them and what value you bring to the table, I am not concerned, couple that with the fact that this is a GENUINE Lamborghini part, why would this used one magically destroy your car when a new one bought from the dealer wouldn't?

Now if this particular part doesn't suit your exact model the story would be different, if it requires software which the dealer doesn't have and can only get from the factory by providing at SN and a VIN also a different story but if all things equal I wouldn't care.

VCR explained to me that he thoroughly researched it and he wasn't satisfied with what I've described in the last paragraph along with few other personal reasons and that's more than enough for me, if you know VCR the way I do you know that whatever he says you can take to the bank and they will cash it on the spot!

What enticed me about the exhaust was the fact that at the price he's asking it's pretty much disposable, I've heard some people say they didn't necessarily like the sound of the factory race exhaust, it was further communicated to me yesterday, I had a bad experience with replacing an exhaust before, I didn't like the sound after instal, I was thinking burning $10k for something I might replace in a week it's not as bad as burning $25k.

Let me get this right, at the installation the dealer has to provide a certain ECU tune in order to accommodate the race exhaust and your dealers are refusing to do this work or they aren't able to perform the work?

Which one is it? Because nobody can refuse to do work for me once I cut them a seven figure cheque but if they physically can't perform the job because the parts or software don't match or they do not have the software it's a completely different story.

I will try to get feedback today.

Edit:

VCR we've posted at the same time LOL, thanks for the info.

It's a 600k street legal race car - you guys who wanted this thing ... wow!

Why demand someone to throw on a used part to save 5k - you spend that on a good bottle of wine.

Spend the money get it done right or don't and you too can be on you tube roasting marshmallow while your SV burns :)

5k on a bottle of wine. That somethibg you should not mention on a public forum like it s normal my friend.

We might be different (i am sure) but saving 6k is a lot for a lot of ppl even lambo owner. i own for around 1.5M usd car but yes I am on a forum selling my exhaust. Yes it s money and no I will not burn it on wine (your choice) or just forget about it. I worked hard to have what I have today and I am sure most of us are. I look back my friend and i know that people can be interested by saving 6k even if you own a Lamborghini. Thats the point if you own it it mean that you were smart enough to save dollar where you can save dollar. You might be lucky enough to have everything from someone I dont judge it s good for you.

To answer you other question: i sold the aventador that s why this exhaust is for sell.

i ask my dealer to switch to the factory exhaust because they do not value the price of the exhaust when you trade it. He suggested me to sell on my own.

Anyway its a factory exhaust working on SV and Aventador used for less than 100 miles. My Lamborghini dealer can install it if needed.

Someone mention that they won t do it, yes because they want to sell you a new one :) they saw that you are spending 5k on wine, for sure they want more money from you :)

Sorry for my english.....

It's a 600k street legal race car - you guys who wanted this thing ... wow!

Why demand someone to throw on a used part to save 5k - you spend that on a good bottle of wine.

Spend the money get it done right or don't and you too can be on you tube roasting marshmallow while your SV burns :)

5k on a bottle of wine. That somethibg you should not mention on a public forum like it s normal my friend.

We might be different (i am sure) but saving 6k is a lot for a lot of ppl even lambo owner. i own for around 1.5M usd car but yes I am on a forum selling my exhaust. Yes it s money and no I will not burn it on wine (your choice) or just forget about it. I worked hard to have what I have today and I am sure most of us are. I look back my friend and i know that people can be interested by saving 6k even if you own a Lamborghini. Thats the point if you own it it mean that you were smart enough to save dollar where you can save dollar. You might be lucky enough to have everything from someone I dont judge it s good for you.

To answer you other question: i sold the aventador that s why this exhaust is for sell.

i ask my dealer to switch to the factory exhaust because they do not value the price of the ex haust when you trade it. He suggested me to sell on my own.

Anyway its a factory exhaust working on SV and Aventador used for less than 100 miles. My Lamborghini dealer can install it if needed.

Someone mention that they won t do it, yes because they want to sell you a new one :) they saw that you are spending 5k on wine, for sure they want more money from you :)

Sorry for my english.....

English is fine.

You have an interesting way of saving someone money who may be buying it for a 600k SV.

You just learned on your Aventador the race exhaust is worth zero. So you could have had a 5000.00 bottle of wine but instead installed a part for 12,000.00 with tax another 1000.00 to have it installed and another 1000.00 to have it removed used it for 100 miles best case you only lost 8k ... would you have rather had a 5000.00 bottle of wine and 3000.00 in your pocket.

If your buyer has a CEL or any other issue from your exhaust are you offering a return at no charge and pick up shipping or pay mechanic bills. Pretty sure you aren't going to offer anything after the sale.

So the buyer gives you 6k add shipping install about 7,500 only to find out their dealer says we won't install the part. So now they ship the car to your dealer another est. 1500.00 each way 3k. They are now at almost full retail and have a huge headache.

So when you talk about saving someone money ... I see it as costing money and the above scenario is more likely than not.

Out of warranty Aventador - makes perfect sense - GLWS.

Last note - I stated Fortis spends 5k on a bottle of wine ... it was a joke.

English is fine.

You have an interesting way of saving someone money who may be buying it for a 600k SV.

You just learned on your Aventador the race exhaust is worth zero. So you could have had a 5000.00 bottle of wine but instead installed a part for 12,000.00 with tax another 1000.00 to have it installed and another 1000.00 to have it removed used it for 100 miles best case you only lost 8k ... would you have rather had a 5000.00 bottle of wine and 3000.00 in your pocket.

If your buyer has a CEL or any other issue from your exhaust are you offering a return at no charge and pick up shipping or pay mechanic bills. Pretty sure you aren't going to offer anything after the sale.

So the buyer gives you 6k add shipping install about 7,500 only to find out their dealer says we won't install the part. So now they ship the car to your dealer another est. 1500.00 each way 3k. They are now at almost full retail and have a huge headache.

So when you talk about saving someone money ... I see it as costing money and the above scenario is more likely than not.

Out of warranty Aventador - makes perfect sense - GLWS.

👍🏽☺️

Anyway it is a compicated decision. I would stick with a stock exhaust to keep Aventador's warranty valid in law until it is exired.

The cars have been driven and are now used. Putting a slightly used muffler on a slightly used car seems pretty logical.

We are onlying talking a muffler here. They don't often break.

If I had an Aventador I'd be all over it. I'd be installing myself though so no worry of cost on that end.

Glws. Seems solid to me.

all this "dealer told me used one void warranty" looks to me a nice way to sell more new exhuasts for an astronomic amount of money.

i do not question is true, i do not question is silly to save 6k$ on a 600k$ car with the risk of ruining the warranty

BUT the fact dealer would not install AN ORIGINAL lamborghini part with 100 miles OR the install would void the warranty is really ugly for lamborghini brand imo.

it makes some of their "ORIGINAL" optional parts worth close to 0 in the used market.

you pay 11.000 $ for a used exhaust and after 100 miles the dealer won't install it?

are we serious? is it good for the brand? i do not think so...

all this "dealer told me used one void warranty" looks to me a nice way to sell more new exhuasts for an astronomic amount of money.

i do not question is true, i do not question is silly to save 6k$ on a 600k$ car with the risk of ruining the warranty

BUT the fact dealer would not install AN ORIGINAL lamborghini part with 100 miles OR the install would void the warranty is really ugly for lamborghini brand imo.

it makes some of their "ORIGINAL" optional parts worth close to 0 in the used market.

you pay 11.000 $ for a used exhaust and after 100 miles the dealer won't install it?

are we serious? is it good for the brand? i do not think so...

It's not an original OEM part.

It is an after market part and it's used - two strikes.

It's one part of a system.

Dealer installs registers and checks settings. Factory tools 100k factory training another 100k and there is an associated warranty cost in the event there are issues or defects.

When you walk into a dealer after they invested 200k to service your Lamborghini let alone facilities and all other associated costs with a used part asking to go around the system and you think they should all take that risk on because some random guy who didn't want the part after "100 miles" then tether Lamborghini at fault - quite a stretch.

I would not buy a car that had an after market used part installed. It's a red flag when a guy places used parts on a car to save a few bucks speaks volumes.

Some guys care some don't - but the fact is after market parts are worth very little second hand.

It's not an original OEM part.

It is an after market part and it's used - two strikes.

It's one part of a system.

Dealer installs registers and checks settings. Factory tools 100k factory training another 100k and there is an associated warranty cost in the event there are issues or defects.

When you walk into a dealer after they invested 200k to service your Lamborghini let alone facilities and all other associated costs with a used part asking to go around the system and you think they should all take that risk on because some random guy who didn't want the part after "100 miles" then tether Lamborghini at fault - quite a stretch.

I would not buy a car that had an after market used part installed. It's a red flag when a guy places used parts on a car to save a few bucks speaks volumes.

Some guys care some don't - but the fact is after market parts are worth very little second hand.

aftermarket is one thing, but this exhaust is a lamborghini part...or not?

aftermarket is one thing, but this exhaust is a lamborghini part...or not?

Can only be sold by the dealer installed aftermarket.

California and other states it's illegal.

Every after market exhaust that reduces weight is illegal - this one just happens to be made with Lamborghini's name on it for racing and they will gladly take your 11k if you want loud lighter more performance under warranty - end of story!

This is a genuine Lamborgini accessory end of story! Nuvolari you are confusing people.

You can only order this part from Lamborghini direct, yes you have to sign a waiver because it's too loud for street use, same deal with the race exhaust they are providing for the Huracan.

In relation to the one the OP is selling, my dealer checked with the factory and the factory said they do not recommend this exhaust to be fitted to the SV but it can be fitted to any other Aventador, also my dealer was willing to instal it for me and provide the necessary software required.

Also just as a FYI, my Lamborghini dealer installed my Tubi on my 04 Gallardo my Capristo on my 570 SL and as I said they would've installed this one also, relationship and customer service is paramount when you deal with a hand full of customers only therefore I wasn't concerned about the instal.

This is a genuine Lamborgini accessory end of story! Nuvolari you are confusing people.

You can only order this part from Lamborghini direct, yes you have to sign a waiver because it's too loud for street use, same deal with the race exhaust they are providing for the Huracan.

In relation to the one the OP is selling, my dealer checked with the factory and the factory said they do not recommend this exhaust to be fitted to the SV but it can be fitted to any other Aventador, also my dealer was willing to instal it for me and provide the necessary software required.

Also just as a FYI, my Lamborghini dealer installed my Tubi on my 04 Gallardo my Capristo on my 570 SL and as I said they would've installed this one also, relationship and customer service is paramount when you deal with a hand full of customers only therefore I wasn't concerned about the instal.

You can not order it direct - it's aftermarket and the sale has to go thru a dealer who has to install it and register it. The factory then authorizes it and makes the owner sign a waiver because the race exhaust is not street legal.

My Lambo dealer will install it - but then in the event anything happens I have only myself to blame.

My Ferrari dealer installed my Capristo - but they did it off the clock and I paid cash.

Where it gets confusing - especially on the SV. The exhaust will most likely be the exact same as the one being offered here. But the SV is going to require some sort of update to work with the exhaust - on the SV a used exhaust makes no sense but on an older Aventador it's a great deal.

Anyway - after reading many of these posts it's pretty obvious that a lot of owners just toss on aftermarket exhausts with not a care in the world which results in fires and flame throwers. If anyone has seen an exhaust under running temps they would realize this is serious shit to mess with but to each his own.

when does yours arrive? I want to see it before you. :P

You can not order it direct - it's aftermarket and the sale has to go thru a dealer who has to install it and register it. The factory then authorizes it and makes the owner sign a waiver because the race exhaust is not street legal.

My Lambo dealer will install it - but then in the event anything happens I have only myself to blame.

My Ferrari dealer installed my Capristo - but they did it off the clock and I paid cash.

Where it gets confusing - especially on the SV. The exhaust will most likely be the exact same as the one being offered here. But the SV is going to require some sort of update to work with the exhaust - on the SV a used exhaust makes no sense but on an older Aventador it's a great deal.

Anyway - after reading many of these posts it's pretty obvious that a lot of owners just toss on aftermarket exhausts with not a care in the world which results in fires and flame throwers. If anyone has seen an exhaust under running temps they would realize this is serious shit to mess with but to each his own.

I don't know what you mean by you can not order it direct I think you've been misinformed, my dealer offered me the exhaust via their spare parts department, comes from Lamborghini Italy and it has exactly the same part number as the one the OP has, it's a genuine accessory sold directly by Lamborghini for track use only hence them asking you to sign the waiver.

Also we aren't talking about aftermarket cat-less straight pipped exhaust systems here, exhausts which were the cause of fire on Aventadors when revved stationary. I wouldn't instal any of them but a genuine Lambo part I would.

fortis and nuvo are both on the same page but are misunderstanding each other...

He's a Ferrari owner that's why I don't understand him :icon_mrgreen:

so where is this guy? comes on here to sell an exhaust and disappears, frustrating!!

Nuvolari must've done a deal with him.

fortis and nuvo are both on the same page but are misunderstanding each other...

We are ... it's been dog eared to death.

I would buy it for .99 cents and send it to Fortis to hang over his fireplace.

Ferrari Club President - you guys can just call me Prez :)