K&N filters for diablo

emilio

I think they may have stopped making them. EBay listings were sold out it seemed but some showed up in Google shopping. Could do the BMC filters instead but they're more expensive.

First "mod" I do on all my cars, Diablos included.

No issues with crap getting into the engine? I'd heard that they were very breathable but that was because they weren't really filtering very well (which is why folks use BMC)!

If folks here have had good experiences with them, it seems like a pretty easy route to more hp :eek3dance:

Just curious Acewhip, do you happen to have the P/N's for BMC filters for early 90's Diablos?

FB414/01

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/eng/search/in...s%20Required%5D

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/eng/car-filte...b414-01/500/art

LAMBORGHINI

COUNTACH 5.2 QUATTROVALVOLE [2 FILTERS REQUIRED] (HP 426 | YEAR 85 > 91)

DIABLO 6.0 VT [2 FILTERS REQUIRED] (HP 550 | YEAR 90 > 01)

MURCIÈLAGO 6.2 V12 [2 FILTERS REQUIRED] (HP 580 | YEAR 01 > 06)

MURCIÈLAGO 6.5 V12 LP-640 [2 FILTERS REQUIRED] (HP 640 | YEAR 06 > 10)

MURCIÈLAGO 6.5 V12 LP-650-4 [2 FILTERS REQUIRED] (HP 650 | YEAR 09 > 10)

MURCIÈLAGO 6.5 V12 LP-670-4 SV [2 FILTERS REQUIRED] (HP 670 | YEAR 09 > 10)

:icon_thumleft:

K&N no longer makes the filter. Only way to get one is if there are some sitting on some vendors' shelves.

The good news is, BMC still has the filters, but they are significantly more money ($300 vs. K&N $100).

No issues with crap getting into the engine? I'd heard that they were very breathable but that was because they weren't really filtering very well (which is why folks use BMC)!

If folks here have had good experiences with them, it seems like a pretty easy route to more hp :eek3dance:

I've been running K&N filters for over 15 years on all of my vehicles and have never had a problem with poor air filtration. Including an H1 that would get caked in mud, travel on sand dunes, travel in high dust areas, be subject to extreme cold & heat and ingest moisture, rocks, dirt, etc.

BMC is the same as K&N, an oiled cotton element filter.

I've been using K&N's on all my cars for 20 years, exotics and daily drivers. Never had an issue, including taking cars in the desert. I find it hard to believe that they don't filter anything as they get black with dirt pretty quickly and then they need to be cleaned.