Did anyone here decide to never have children?

MrDoctor

Good points on the dog. Do they only bark outside?

You are not answering the question directly, you are answering it like your so called "delusional happy parents would".

What is the upside of actually having a marriage contract? I understand the upside of having a companion for life, I'm talking about the marriage contract.

Our dogs almost never bark, bullmastiffs were designed to be calm and quiet . I picked a breed 20 years ago that I knew would compliment my life and be enjoyable.

The upside of a marriage contract and as well a premarital agreement are understanding what both parties want and expect ......if you really want to break it down.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an infertile male, but have two grown children through the miracles of modern science and medicine. I came from a large family and always wanted children. My siblings and my family are the only constant in my life. I lost my younger brother when he was 35 to cancer and my own son bears his name. Children and family ties are very powerful and emotional and I can understand how those relationships mean so many different things to each individual. It is interesting to see different perspectives. I have always been a dog/pet owner and just lost my 14 year old dog a couple months ago. It's the dog my kids grew up with and being able to console each other during that time is important. I will get another dog, but it won't be bonded to my children like the last one and consequently the relationship with the family will be different. For me, children have always brought overwhelming joy and the responsibility of raising them is a challenge I actually find enjoyable.

Our dogs almost never bark, bullmastiffs were designed to be calm and quiet . I picked a breed 20 years ago that I knew would compliment my life and be enjoyable.

The upside of a marriage contract and as well a premarital agreement are understanding what both parties want and expect ......if you really want to break it down.

Perhaps they do it differently in Canada. I'm america, there is not such detail in a marraige contract. Perhaps a prenup is what you are talking about and if you have that then it makes sense from your angle.

I do not see the appeal of a kid in any way except to fill a need you have or didn't know you have until the kids happen.

Interesting how you seem to think after financial accomplishments , the other one would be kids, no other accomplishments rate?

Well other accomplishments rate too of course, but usually the ultra rich are the ones that are often insecure and in need of something.

At least that's what I've read.

Kids aren't for everyone and nobody is forcing them on you, but the manner at which are you of dismissive to how they might be special to others is what's keeping this conversation going. :icon_thumleft:

Perhaps they do it differently in Canada. I'm america, there is not such detail in a marraige contract. Perhaps a prenup is what you are talking about and if you have that then it makes sense from your angle.

Do you even think before you type? You kept saying contract , I'm using your words and I assumed contract meant the agreement to get married. Prenup is separate and yes I have it as anyone should even if your net worth is 10 bucks. having said that 16 years so far together and all is awesome

Well other accomplishments rate too of course, but usually the ultra rich are the ones that are often insecure and in need of something.

At least that's what I've read.

Kids aren't for everyone and nobody is forcing them on you, but the manner at which are you of dismissive to how they might be special to others is what's keeping this conversation going. :icon_thumleft:

Lord you people need to learn how to read and stop projecting. Did I say anyone was forcing them on me, And I didnt dismiss anyone's feelings I only expressed my feelings. I don't care what you feel or don't feel about kids . This is a debate and conversation not an attack on your kid love ,hate or indifference.

Well I'm both anti marriage and children. I don't like young people until they are over 30! First, I'm not religious at all. Believe religion is the biggest problem on the planet. The sooner people lose the belief in god the better the world will be. Yes, I openly admit to not believing in a god or gods! I'm a libertarian fiscally conservative.

On women, we are not biologically programed to be with one women. We are designed to procreate with many women. I have many women friends, some with benefits. We'll likely end up alone, old and miserable. Why not have fun. I don't like children, they are very annoying. I don't want to be responsible for one and I don't mean financially. Basically I would offer an unstable life environment. The big problem, I don't do well in relationships period. The biggest problem, I have constant temptation in my life. I like being able to act on it.

you are alone and slutty , nothing wrong with that!

Do you even think before you type? You kept saying contract , I'm using your words and I assumed contract meant the agreement to get married. Prenup is separate and yes I have it as anyone should even if your net worth is 10 bucks. having said that 16 years so far together and all is awesome

When you get married you apply for a license, and it's a contract between husband and wife. But that license/contract does not call out detail into stipulation of the arrangement.

I just found it laughable that you can't see why people would want to have children (which some may argue is one of the most instinctual parts of being human - procreation)

While on the other hand you are ok with being "married" which is a pretty illogical act with little to no upside ESPECIALLY if you don't plan on having children.

When you get married you apply for a license, and it's a contract between husband and wife. But that license/contract does not call out detail into stipulation of the arrangement. I just found it laughable that you can't see why people would want to have children (which some may argue is one of the most instinctual parts of being human - procreation)

While on the other hand you are ok with being "married" which is a pretty illogical act with little to no upside ESPECIALLY if you don't plan on having children.

I swear I'm talking to a mental patient. No one should get married unless they want to have kids? How the hell,is having kids the same as being married or with one woman for life. Can we just agree you enjoy children and I just don't care either way please and thanks. Because you type like you are running it through google translate first.

What's laughable is Maybe go spend some time with your children instead of so much on the Internet arguing if they are so wonderful?

I'm not here to procreation I'm here for much more than that. Cockroaches -procreate , rats procreate. Good for you and them.

I agree I can't know how it feels and I don't want to know based on the years after of raising them.

You think the quality of sleep and sex is as good when you have a baby , infant , toddler as it is without? Come on.

He's not my friend and is a big douche agreed but the fact that a few months after his dream of having a son happens he is writing how facked he is. He obviously isn't getting that newborn feeling.

Anyway enjoy your kids !

It doesn't matter what I tell you because you will not believe it, I can sleep just as well, either way I sleep 4 to 5 hours a night max kids or no kids, sleeping is a waste of time, time which we don't have a lot of, I don't get why you'd think the quality of sex would be somewhat different, that has to do with the relationship between yourself and your partner nothing to do with the fact that you have kids.

I do enjoy my kids, I enjoy them immensly, BTW I am not trying to convince you to have kids or change your mind on the subject, I am only sharing my personal experience so yourself and others can take a glimpse of how some feel when they have kids, of course with billions of people out there you will always encounter different opinions and scenarios.

Lastly I think if you aren't equipped or capable of giving your kids 100% of yourself and what it takes you should never have any so I'd never push or advocate for anyone who isn't totally committed and capable to have them!

I swear I'm talking to a mental patient. No one should get married unless they want to have kids? How the hell,is having kids the same as being married or with one woman for life. Can we just agree you enjoy children and I just don't care either way please and thanks. Because you type like you are running it through google translate first.

What's laughable is Maybe go spend some time with your children instead of so much on the Internet arguing if they are so wonderful?

I'm not here to procreation I'm here for much more than that. Cockroaches -procreate , rats procreate. Good for you and them.

You are a hoot. Telling me I spend too much time on a forum when you have 5x the post. Lol

And the majority of your post has a negative tone.

Bottom line, you are a man who lets his wife wear the pants (gets married for no explainable upside)

Your friends are all miserable with kids

And you are dire spectrum to your parents (calling them roaches)

Had you been dreaming of your wedding day since you were a kid like most of the women I know?

It doesn't matter what I tell you because you will not believe it, I can sleep just as well, either way I sleep 4 to 5 hours a night max kids or no kids, sleeping is a waste of time, time which we don't have a lot of, I don't get why you'd think the quality of sex would be somewhat different, that has to do with the relationship between yourself and your partner nothing to do with the fact that you have kids.

A lot of people say sex and sleep drops off after having kids because they are very exhausting and time consuming. In addition, a lot of women completely lose their sex drive after they have the kid. There are tons of stories on the Internet by men and women talking about how exhausted and tired they are since having kids and tons of stories by men in particular about how since having kids, sex has dropped to zero as the woman loses the drive.

Unfortunately for a lot of men, it seems when their women lose the drive, they have no intention of trying to turn it back on, so-to-speak.

Unfortunately for a lot of men, it seems when their women lose the drive, they have no intention of trying to turn it back on, so-to-speak.

More like they get bored of their husbands...

Might be worth an extra thread, but I so no real upside to marriage. I'd be curious what you married folks have to say about it.

I think your friend is exaggerating about being facked because he can't get a GT3.

He decided that the welfare of his child/family is more important than his own personal satisfaction with a material object.

I have made similar statements, but in jest around the guys. I would give up everything I have to have my son - as long as I could provide enough for him to have an adequate life. Child >>>>>>>>>>>> GT3

Note that the last statement was made after having him. Had you asked me before, I probably would have said no to the kid and kept on living in my little bubble, not knowing everything I was missing.

You absolutely can't relate without a kid of your own. It changes you - and I think for the better.

You are a hoot. Telling me I spend too much time on a forum when you have 5x the post. Lol

And the majority of your post has a negative tone.

Bottom line, you are a man who lets his wife wear the pants (gets married for no explainable upside)

Your friends are all miserable with kids

And you are dire spectrum to your parents (calling them roaches)

Had you been dreaming of your wedding day since you were a kid like most of the women I know?

you sound like a great role model.

And why do you hate women and marriage so much? Divorced and cheated on a lot I imagine. Probably due to too much addiction to children and a small wiener.

My wife wears the pants? Honky please ....

I do enjoy my kids, I enjoy them immensly, BTW I am not trying to convince you to have kids or change your mind on the subject, I am only sharing my personal experience so yourself and others can take a glimpse of how some feel when they have kids, of course with billions of people out there you will always encounter different opinions and scenarios.

Lastly I think if you aren't equipped or capable of giving your kids 100% of yourself and what it takes you should never have any so I'd never push or advocate for anyone who isn't totally committed and capable to have them!

I know you aren't trying to convince me and I'm not trying to convince you of anything either. Again I don't care whether you enjoy kids or not either way good for you,the question was never do you enjoy your children.

Just google sex after children. You might have the perfect scenario but most don't. And I'm assuming at 5 hours of sleep you look like hell, never workout , have terrible health or you must be a genetic miracle in that respect too.

I think your friend is exaggerating about being facked because he can't get a GT3.

He decided that the welfare of his child/family is more important than his own personal satisfaction with a material object.

I have made similar statements, but in jest around the guys. I would give up everything I have to have my son - as long as I could provide enough for him to have an adequate life. Child >>>>>>>>>>>> GT3

Note that the last statement was made after having him. Had you asked me before, I probably would have said no to the kid and kept on living in my little bubble, not knowing everything I was missing.

You absolutely can't relate without a kid of your own. It changes you - and I think for the better.

Of course he's exaggerating I was just saying it's funny how you can put stuff like that in writing shortly after achieving the dream of your first child's birth.

You know I know how much having a kid changes you? A guy I knew years ago got his girlfriend pregnant and wanted her to abort it, heavy pressure. She refused and had it . Now he's kid crazy , father of the year and they have 3 kids together . And his whole life is kids kids kids and telling everyone else to have kids.

Crazy.

I know you aren't trying to convince me and I'm not trying to convince you of anything either. Again I don't care whether you enjoy kids or not either way good for you,the question was never do you enjoy your children.

Just google sex after children. You might have the perfect scenario but most don't. And I'm assuming at 5 hours of sleep you look like hell, never workout , have terrible health or you must be a genetic miracle in that respect too.

Look like hell :lol2:

I exercise two or three times a week, my health is perfect aside a kidney stone which I experienced last week, damn nasty thing, I am not overweight, I don't smoke, drink or take drugs, I am doing very well thanks for your concerns :lol2:

Look like hell :lol2:

I exercise two or three times a week, my health is perfect aside a kidney stone which I experienced last week, damn nasty thing, I am not overweight, I don't smoke, drink or take drugs, I am doing very well thanks for your concerns :lol2:

You truly are the .000000001 percent in all ways! ;)

http://slumberwise.com/science/can-you-thr...-sleep-a-night/

you sound like a great role model.

And why do you hate women and marriage so much? Divorced and cheated on a lot I imagine. Probably due to too much addiction to children and a small wiener.

My wife wears the pants? Honky please ....

Sorry I couldn't get back to you in time, was fishing with my son.

Oh good god how I wish people could learn to read. I never said I hated women.

Run along and watch city of angels or sliding doors with your boss before you have another melt down here

Sorry I couldn't get back to you in time, was fishing with my son.

Oh good god how I wish people could learn to read. I never said I hated women.

Run along and watch city of angels or sliding doors with your boss before you have another melt down here

Thanks for not denying your divorces , being cheated on or small weiner!

Thanks for not denying your divorces , being cheated on or small weiner��!

Whatever makes you feel better chief. Personally I choose not to think about another man's wiener but what you fantasize about is your prerogative. Things are starting to make sense, enjoying rolling around with dudes on a mat, let me guess, your favorite move is full mount? Or rear naked choke....literally. Lolz