Ignition Aventador SV Review

Supercar Ace

The fastest car in the world for me is always the one I own :icon_mrgreen:

I always laugh when I see how consumed some are by which one is faster but given the opportunity not many of us, if any, would even come close to the posted lap times, akin with factory reported fuel consumption, it's a guide at best LOL, anyway carry on, it really isn't relevant but it sure is entertaining to read :icon_thumleft:

Of the 3 cars you mentioned, only the Viper ACR gets close to the Hypercars with its high downforce set up. But when you have a longer proper GP track, the Hypercars will walk away from the Viper ACR due to the huge power difference. In the corners, yes, the Viper ACR is probably even faster with its ultra sticky tires and high downforce.

So I ask, do you really think the SV is only 2 seconds slower than the 918 at the Ring?

If SV was given more time at the Ring, I think it would be an equal match between the two. You seem to overestimate hybrid trio, what I`m saying is that they are slowly becoming yesterday`s news. I have stated as to why in my previous post. There are also more examples than Viper ACR. Lets look at the 675LT, same track:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-mclare...st-test-review/

1 sec away from the 918, and it could go even faster as stated in the article given more time. I think that applies to every test of a car, given more time they could go faster or slower depending on the conditions.

As you can see here:

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs

VetteZ06, Huracan and even Nismo GT-R are 2 seconds away from the big 918. Sure they dont beat the 918, but considering how much each of those cars costs compared to the 918... then it is a different story. They are better "bang for the buck" as some say, if ofcourse you are looking from that perspective.

Dont get me wrong, I like the 918 better as an overall hybrid hypercar compared to the other two, its basically modern day Carrera GT in my eyes, a masterpiece, but its performance ain`t that impressive anymore.

I also cant wait for the Huracan SL, because it will be a monster.

psss, I know one guy who hates the H platform, his name is Chris Harris, just follow him on Twitter for reference :P.

The fastest car in the world for me is always the one I own :icon_mrgreen:

I always laugh when I see how consumed some are by which one is faster but given the opportunity not many of us, if any, would even come close to the posted lap times, akin with factory reported fuel consumption, it's a guide at best LOL, anyway carry on, it really isn't relevant but it sure is entertaining to read :icon_thumleft:

You and Super Car Ace are spot on.

I am a CGT owner and disliked the 918 since day one - respected it but never liked it.

Bottom line is the SV went where no one on earth thought it could go and it did it with Lamborghini integrity.

Porsche is trying to convince buyers that turbo's and batteries are the new world. That's fine but want no part of a plug in exotic especially at 1M - 2M when Tesla performance isn't far off it speaks volumes how easy it is to derive hp from electricity

I simply tip my hat to Lamborghini from the carbon tub to the V12 it's an amazing build as is the Huracan.

• 2 weeks later...
You and Super Car Ace are spot on.

I am a CGT owner and disliked the 918 since day one - respected it but never liked it.

Bottom line is the SV went where no one on earth thought it could go and it did it with Lamborghini integrity.

Porsche is trying to convince buyers that turbo's and batteries are the new world. That's fine but want no part of a plug in exotic especially at 1M - 2M when Tesla performance isn't far off it speaks volumes how easy it is to derive hp from electricity

I simply tip my hat to Lamborghini from the carbon tub to the V12 it's an amazing build as is the Huracan.

:icon_thumleft:

Of the 3 cars you mentioned, only the Viper ACR gets close to the Hypercars with its high downforce set up. But when you have a longer proper GP track, the Hypercars will walk away from the Viper ACR due to the huge power difference. In the corners, yes, the Viper ACR is probably even faster with its ultra sticky tires and high downforce.

Honestly, the Aventador SV is not a proper fast car at the track. I know a lot of guys at the VAG group, so I know what went on in the SV test at the N-Ring. I also know Dr. Walliser when he was the head of the 918 department and I know exactly how much faster the 918 has gained since its 6:57 lap time with the additional development time. The Big Willow lap record set by the 918 was with the initial testing prototype, even so, the delta between the 918 (prototype, pre-optimization) and the SV (production) is almost 2 seconds. On a track like the N-Ring, which is 5 times longer, it's easy to extrapolate the real difference between the two. So I ask, do you really think the SV is only 2 seconds slower than the 918 at the Ring?

I think people on this forum is not realizing how good the Huracan platform is and the potential that it has to grow with future iterations of the SL or Trofeo. Now, that's a Lambo I'm looking forward to seeing at the track!

Not to be off topic but post up some photos of your Fuguz 240z sometime! :) Did not know there was 2 of them made.

Enjoyed this SV video, cannot wait to have the opportunity to be in one.

Not to be off topic but post up some photos of your Fuguz 240z sometime! :) Did not know there was 2 of them made.

Enjoyed this SV video, cannot wait to have the opportunity to be in one.

Two of them? As far as I know, there is only one FuguZ in the world. :icon_mrgreen:

We just had a great time filming at Jay Leno's a few weeks ago!

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6761.JPG

Two of them? As far as I know, there is only one FuguZ in the world. :icon_mrgreen:

We just had a great time filming at Jay Leno's a few weeks ago!

Ahh I just got confused and thought you were Sung Kang! Watched the Jay Leno video, amazing build. So much character in that car, must be a blast to drive. :)