Denver, CO

pockmark

Besides the dispensaries on every other corner, anything exciting to do here?

Good places to eat?

Here for work until Friday

Alone, dunno.

There is this awesome man-land with a sick gokart track somewhere out there that I did with friends. We also went white water rafting and took a day trip to breweries.

Denver is top 3 if not the best "outdoor, things to do" major city in the entire country.

I'd go with nature.

If anything a heavy workout should be interesting. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Denver is top 3 if not the best "outdoor, things to do" major city in the entire country.

I'd go with nature.

If anything a heavy workout should be interesting. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

+1, Always wanted to make it out to CO, haven't been able to .

Well, I would eat at the Kitchen... just because I've been wanting to. Let me know how it is: http://thekitchen.com/the-kitchen-denver/

Go to Mt. Evans.

I would rent a decent car, drive on some nice roads, take in the scenery, grab some local beers just because.

And if you're into it, rent a bike and ride around. Bike riding is a great way to take in views.

Too bad Denver Nuggets are on the road, no baseball or football. Would check out those stadiums for sure.

I lived there for 20+ years and for sure it is not a cosmo type of city more for the outdoors types. I always felt it was a big town with a small town mentality.

Unser racing, for gokarts.

Pinche taqueria for tacos.

I'll think of some more in a little bit.

Mt evans is great, like MrDoctor mentioned.

Cherry Cricket for awesome burgers.

Mt. Evans is likely not open, being the highest paved road in the US it's normally open during the summer only.

1Up is a fun bar combining new and old arcades games and pinball. Not high class drinks, more of a dive with a fun atmosphere.

I will try to come up with some other ideas.

Definitely take a spin up into the mountains. Hit Beau Jo's pizza in Idaho Springs on your way up. If there's time, some quick small-time white water rafting can be had via Geo Tours in the same area. Take your drive back down through Red Rocks amphitheater, or meander the long way back through mountain communities like Evergreen. If you feel like your options are limited because you're solo, just drive. Drive those mountains like it's the last time you'll ever see them. Drive them from Loveland to Colorado Springs if your butt can take it. The places you can find are tremendous. This is road trip territory at its finest.

If stuck in the city, you can't help but stumble into the lower downtown area of bars/breweries and you can't really go wrong down there. Heck, give the Museum of Nature and Science a whirl if you want to see some high-quality stuff that doesn't exist in quantity on the east coast except for New York. Do NOT go to Casa Bonita (Mexican food) no matter what anyone else says.

Do NOT go to Casa Bonita (Mexican food) no matter what anyone else says.

:iamwithstupid:

Beau Jo's is killer pizza, but you don't have to go to Idaho Springs, they have them all over Denver now.

Evergreen is a cool little mountain town, but its only minutes away from Denver metro. I love it, which is why I live there. It was good enough for Willie Nelson to have a home there back in the day.

Definitely an area to just pic a road and see where it takes you, lots of beautiful scenery without driving very far.

If you hit Red Rocks, you will start to understand why some of the best concerts I have ever seen were there. It is a venue that is hard to matched.

Do NOT go to Casa Bonita (Mexican food) no matter what anyone else says.

+2 Do NOT eat there, I love DENMEX food, Torres on Federal Blvd, Santiagos on Sheridan Blvd and Chubby's are my favs. I wish they have DENMEX style food here in Cali.

I lived in Denver and Boulder for 7yrs and never went to Casa Bonita... I have only heard of horrid things about it.

I am working pretty much straight through tomorrow then off Friday morning, so will check out a few spots then. Pretty much confined to DT Denver though

Cherry Cricket for awesome burgers.

Mt. Evans is likely not open, being the highest paved road in the US it's normally open during the summer only.

1Up is a fun bar combining new and old arcades games and pinball. Not high class drinks, more of a dive with a fun atmosphere.

I will try to come up with some other ideas.

One down....Denmex needs to happen tomorrow night

post-679-1458182791_thumb.jpg

One down....Denmex needs to happen tomorrow night

I love their jalapeño cream cheese burger and I could eat a couple pounds of the fried Mac n cheese bites.

If I had seen this earlier I would have offered to take you out for a beer. I just moved to Denver about 4 months back. Unfortunately, I'm tied up tomorrow night as well. There isn't much noteworthy going on downtown (outside of restaurants and bars) so I don't have many recommendations if you can't move around. As others have mentioned, the city's strong point is that there are endless options of things to do outdoors within ~1 hour if thats your thing. There is usually good live music passing through town... maybe you'll luck out there?

Favorite restaurants in the area: Euclid Hall, Work & Class

Favorite bar: Falling Rock Tap House (must visit if you're a beer drinker)

Side note: I tried Cherry Cricket for the first time on Saturday and wasn't all that impressed... what was I missing?