Belgian Nuclear power plant evacuated.

Roman

We figured you'd have more news on that than any of us...I've honestly started looking at your threads Roman for more facts than actual news sites for these types of events. Though honestly, they all are terrible over here.

This one dried up faster than Patti Labelle's pussy at a Carly Simon Concert.... Literrally not another thing mentioned... And I read french...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belgium ups security at nuclear plants following Brussels bombings

Security has been stepped up at nuclear plants around Belgium amid fears they could be the next target after the Brussels attacks.

The alert follows the discovery of secret footage of a senior Belgian nuclear official, in the Belgian flat of one of the suspects linked to the Paris terror attacks.

It’s understood to have contained dozens of hours of covert footage of an unnamed director of the Belgian nuclear research and developement programme.

Increased security measures include more surveillance and the checking of vehicles by police and the army.

Non-essential staff at the Doel and Tihange plants have been sent home

although key staff will remain in order to ensure the plants continue to operate. This is because there are concerns that vetting procedures of staff may not be sufficiently rigorous.

It is understood that one of the accused in the Sharia4Belgium trial in Antwerp who is currently fighting in Syria had been a a technician at the Doel plant for three years.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=76975f31ed28

WTF happened at the powerplant????

I'll add a little to jimgraham's post above mine. I already typed this out so it's going up.

Here's my source first off: Derniere Heure It's all in French, I used Google translate, so what I got out of it may not be perfect.

According to the French newspaper in the above link, the plot my have been to target the nuclear facility and gain access inside. While investigating the Paris attacks authorities found 10-12 hours of video surveillance footage of the nuke plant and the Belgian nuclear chief. Included was video of the nuclear chief's home, tracking what he does, how the plant is secured, etc. They were trying to figure out a way in basically - possibly by kidnapping the Belgian nuclear chief. With all that and the arrest of the wanted suspect Abdelsalam last Friday, authorities probably got more inclination that a nuke plant was a target. The newspaper also says the authorities now believe the two recent bomber brothers in Brussels were the ones doing the surveillance of the nuke plant.

So I assume (this is my opinion) after the Brussels attack happened and authorities began to piece together fairly quickly that this was linked to the Paris cell and that there was a possibility they might try to hit the nuclear plant. Multiple sites, its a common tactic now, emergency services are tied up at airport and subway. Better to evacuate the plant and secure it than not - knowing it was a potential target. All nuclear sites have been secured and on heighten alert following the Paris attacks.

We can come back to TS640 later and maybe in a different thread but lets look at this attack.

As far as I see the power station was a precaution and the bread and butter was at the airport; a "soft" target.

It is looking like a revenge attack as a result of the detaining of Abdeslam which has been interesting to watch. He seems to be working with the authorities and giving up information on ISIS recruitment and training. What multiple media outlets have said is that they seem to recruit vulnerable disenfranchised people that are nationalised eg British, French, Belgium etc send them to training camps in say Syria, train them and they go home and start their campaign with funding.

What I am wondering is if this is in response to the Abdeslam situation or a piggyback planned attack as a show of force.

Unconfirmed reports say another of the airport attackers was the wanted jihadist Najim Laachraoui, whose DNA was found on explosives linked to last year's attacks in Paris.

What I have learnt is the intelligence on this is very flawed. They are underfunded and crucially poorly run. An example given to me from a friend is that Belgium police would like some intelligence, they cannot go to their Belgium intelligence division, they instead have to go to British police, French police and those police source their intelligence from their respective intelligence department eg MI5 and then they share the info with Belgium intelligence. So Belgium police do speak to their own intelligence division.

Naturally the dimwitted loud mouth cretins come out of the woodwork.

This is just pathetic

Man arrested over 'mealy mouthed' Brussels tweet

A man has been arrested on suspicion of inciting racial hatred after allegedly posting a tweet in response to the Brussels attacks.

The tweet read: "I confronted a Muslim woman yesterday in Croydon. I asked her to explain Brussels. She said 'Nothing to do with me'. A mealy mouthed reply."

Matthew Doyle, 46, was arrested on Wednesday night in Croydon.

He remains in custody at a south London police station, according to a spokesman for the Met.

Police would not confirm whether the arrest relates to the tweet which went viral or to other statements on social media posted by the same user.

A revenge attack or perhaps, they simply feared Abdeslam would talk and pushed forward plans they already had. Abdeslam has stopped cooperating with Belgian authorities and has demanded to be extradited to France. Isis recruitment follows the same path every time, disenfranchised petty criminals or easily impressionable teens. Either way the current refugee crisis is sure to have brought some really dangerous elements to Europe and the next big attack will most probably be in Germany.

One of the attackers was caught in Turkey last year and deported to the Netherlands. Turkish intelligence warned both Dutch and Belgian authorities that the man was a 'foreign fighter' for Isis. That's yet another pattern. Most of the Paris attackers were known to security services, yet nothing was done to track these people. I'm not sure of the legal implications of being 'foreign fighters', but they should definitely face serious consequences upon their return. So far it seems no one cares they're returning... they're just let loose in society and then when they blow themselves up, everyone wonders how that was possible, idiots on both sides get emotional, hashtags abound, and politicians spew the same tired cliches over and over. Next time I hear "this is an attack on freedom/diversity/democracy" I'm going to puke!

Nothing is being actively done to destroy Isis, stem the flow of refugees and pacify the ME, which the US and EU fucked up together with their idiotic wishful thinking and dreams of democracy and freedom. Bombing Isis has not yielded much progress towards defeating them. Russians have been doing better though, while Euros are still at the petty squabbling stage. Utterly disgusting that we live in a world where we have to rely on Russians to do what needs to be done, because we are too damn impotent to do anything. Oh actually we are doing something, we're protesting... while wearing feathers and face paint.

Yet another testament to police incompetence in Belgium, it has emerged this morning that the whereabouts of Abdeslam were known since December but they failed to transmit the information to the federal police. This news hasn't hit the English press yet but it will soon.

http://www.levif.be/actualite/belgique/la-...mal-482667.html

Discussed the protocol earlier

What I have learnt is the intelligence on this is very flawed. They are underfunded and crucially poorly run. An example given to me from a friend is that Belgium police would like some intelligence, they cannot go to their Belgium intelligence division, they instead have to go to British police, French police and those police source their intelligence from their respective intelligence department eg MI5 and then they share the info with Belgium intelligence. So Belgium police do speak to their own intelligence division.