Checkmate from Underground Racing....

duhawks

Tuner wars on the same platform (Lambo in this case) are always fun but Lambo vs GTR (the only natural competitor) is also a blast. It would be great to line up a couple classes to go head to head without too much finger pointing. A minimum weight, maximum tire, designated fuel and stock style transmission and suspension would go along way to obtaining equal footing without stifling innovation.

I'd love to see at least one mid-level class and then an anything goes class on a certain size radial with gasoline, DCT and at least 3500 pounds with driver, for example. 3500 is probably a reasonable race weight for both platforms and personally I'd rather have ballast than back seats or a radio (fire and projectile hazards) in a 200mph car. Max tire and stock suspension would keep tubbed cars out. Gasoline and DCT keep the innovation trickling down to the street cars.

Man I want to go racing.

Sal P is taking his viper 1/2 mile racing this weekend for the first time. Rekindle the old GTS flame. :eusa_dance:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal P is taking his viper 1/2 mile racing this weekend for the first time. Rekindle the old GTS flame. :eusa_dance:

What half mile event is this weekend?

2rpr1q0.jpg

Drummond Race Cars built 542cid V10

Twin Precision 91mm Turbos

ProEFI Engine Management

ProTorque Torque Converter

Neal Racing Transmissions Powerglide

Independent Rear Suspension with Driveshaft Shop 9" IRS Conversion

3690lbs Race Weight

Yeah where's the video! been waiting since yesterday afternoon lol. Any video will do for now while the better production video is being made ;)

...and the zero-class fanboy shit talking begins...

A great achievement once again sullied by people who haven't achieved anything.

S.O.P

Wow 7 sec @ 188 on 19's lol unreal :icon_super:

Congrats, looking like this platform has potential!

Mind Blown!!! that is insanely fast! we have good old fashion competition to thank for numbers like these! congratulations to the guys at Underground and Heffner - don't stop what you're doing...please :)

I dont think this is a Checkmate move towards Heffner. He has the skill to get there. UGR just did it first. And they will benefit more from it, even though both can do it.

Every time I see SSP posted I cringe, They originated from my area and failed. Not because they were bad at what they did, but other reasons. I hope Jason doesnt get fucked.

1R. Lol

Intake isn't safe at 30.... Or 27 .... Or 25....

UGR just went 7's on a bolt on. Lmao

Ouch

That's great. I always wondered what a 200 mph drag car could do with twice the room.

finish the sale, add black stripes on that pic and it will be done.

Ha. I thought about that.

Climb on in Chad. It will feel just like an old favorite pair of shoes but sooooo much better. You know you want it.

post-15031-1458911693.jpg

post-15031-1458911808_thumb.jpg

That's great. I always wondered what a 200 mph drag car could do with twice the room.

non prepped surface in the 1/2 mile so its hard to compare vs a prepped drag strip

non prepped surface in the 1/2 mile so its hard to compare vs a prepped drag strip

Obviously, but a car with the power and chassis to trap 215 in the 1/4 on drag radials is going to back half like a missile.

We'll see if/when he starts pushing through the tires.