Factory tour?

sl55

My car is been delivered end of the year but I'm looking to go to Italy this summer and was wondering if anyone has a hook up for a factory tour at Lambo? My dealer is all over the place and can't give me a straight answer so thought I'd have a better chance of asking on here.

I thought that if you are an owner you get to do more stuff? I will be there late June and a dealer said that I should get a "special" tour being an owner.

I plan on going this summer and asked my dealer for any VIP tour but they didn't seem to express that they can set something out of the norm and just recommended using the Lambo website to book.

I think this recently changed. But I would contact Lambo NA or Italy in case you have special needs. The standard factory tour lets you into the assembly line. As far as I know, you may be able to meet executives for photo if you have a hook up.

So after I posted this thread I decided to spend some time searching this forum and someone suggested a few years ago that Stephan Winkelmann responded to his e-mails from owners so I decided to e-mail him even though he's the ex-CEO now. To my surprise he actually responded by forwarding my e-mail to someone who assists with factory tours, LOL.

Livethedream was also nice enough to PM'd me a contact so I've gotten in touch with the people who book the tour, still not sure if owners get a "special" tour.

Do keep in mind the factory is usually closed for the Summer holiday in August, this year you will not be able to do a factory tour between August 1st and 22nd, 2016.

• 3 months later...

Ok, so just got back from Italy, here's my report:

I showed up to Venice, hoping my dealer would be able to setup something, at the end, they just directed me to the website which is open to the public, I was told Lamborghini does no special treatment, nothing for it's clients. I called myself to see if I can book a factory tour and I was told they were booked for the next few weeks. I asked the lady if she was able to do something for me since I was a current owner and was on my 5th Lamborghini and she said let me see if we can arrange something special. By the end of the day they called me back and told me to be there on Friday at 11am and that I was going to be allowed to take the factory tour.

I rented a car and headed to Sant #### in an awesome micro Smart Car, lol, we showed up and was charged 60 Euro per person, asked to give up my phones and was told to wait for the rest of the group, it was a group of about 10 people, mostly kids and a few parents, the factory tour lasted about an hour.

Inside it was amazing, the lady that was explaining was really fluent in English, we toured the Aventador line and there were a few SV roadsters being put together. If you are a Lambo freak it is a must. After the factory we walked back to the Museum.

Overall good experience, if you don't' have access to the factory, I wouldn't waste my money, being from California you see most of the cars in the museum in car meets, I loved the factory, only issue I have was that I guess I was wrong by assuming I was going to get something personalized, their "special treatment" was to make room for 2 extra people in their tour.