Clicking when turning

del mar

Morning,

I have the classic clicking when turning.

I have read the RWD conversion threads - I am not there yet, so would like to fix the clicking now.

I am guessing the outside cv joint at the wheel is the part that fails - as Lamborghini do not make cv joints - do we know what else they are from ?

Has anybody changed these - is it a simple job ?

Thanks

Del

I haven't personally dealt with any CV joint issues on a Murci, but it's pretty standard as far as CV joints go, so you could look at using a local or remote shop to rebuild them, and you can just use parts of the same instructions for converting to front wheel drive to know how to remove and replace them. The shop manual probably has the procedure. And good chance there is a Diablo DIY somewhere since they also have the same system and their cars are older with more miles.

Good luck, and please share what you learn.

By the way, is this a clicking noise that just started happening? Are you sure it's not the normal awkward feeling and noise that our cars make due to poor design of the 4 wheel drive system during low speed hard cornering?

Morning,

I have the classic clicking when turning.

I have read the RWD conversion threads - I am not there yet, so would like to fix the clicking now.

I am guessing the outside cv joint at the wheel is the part that fails - as Lamborghini do not make cv joints - do we know what else they are from ?

Has anybody changed these - is it a simple job ?

Thanks

Del

You're probably going to have to find a racing or off road shop to rebuild the CV joints and might have to mail them out. Not many people rebuild CVs. Definitely repair it instead of replacing it.

• 2 weeks later...

With out a test drive I have not heard your clicking noise but I would remove the wheels clean and sand the hub that the wheels mount to and the mounting surface of the rims lube the threads of the lug bolts

and torq them to 118 foot pound and retest. This is more of a issue on early Murci but I don't know what year your car is.

I cant recall the last CV I seen that maid noise it been a long time if ever. More normal if they have been hit like never if they have not.

With out a test drive I have not heard your clicking noise but I would remove the wheels clean and sand the hub that the wheels mount to and the mounting surface of the rims lube the threads of the lug bolts

and torq them to 118 foot pound and retest. This is more of a issue on early Murci but I don't know what year your car is.

I cant recall the last CV I seen that maid noise it been a long time if ever. More normal if they have been hit like never if they have not.

Jefflambo is a preacher. First thing I would do is this. Corrosion, front axles. Awd, certain brake disc, on my gtr as well.

Then I would consider possible cv issue.

It probably isn't the front CV's. When I had an 02 I removed mine and the noise still persisted. Supposedly lambo made an updated lug nut for this issue. Strange I know, but the lug was supposed to help. I had the updated lug and it still did it.

Do what Jeff said to do. The only thing left that it could be if it isn't the CV's making the noise is the wheel bearings. Odd's are there really isn't anything wrong with the car. Just a quirk these cars came with.

Good luck.

With the hub/lug issue, would you also get noise just going straight down the road?

Mine doesn't make any noises other that the awkwardness of the 4wd at full lock, so I am happy about that.

With the hub/lug issue, would you also get noise just going straight down the road?

Mine doesn't make any noises other that the awkwardness of the 4wd at full lock, so I am happy about that.

If i recall it only did it turning slowly.

I had the clicking noise before. It turned out to be the plastic piece that holds the cooling brake hose to the frame of the car. Mine was cracked and was coming off its mounting area on the frame of the car causing a clicking noise when I turned the steering wheel. Might be worth a check to see.

I had the clicking noise before. It turned out to be the plastic piece that holds the cooling brake hose to the frame of the car. Mine was cracked and was coming off its mounting area on the frame of the car causing a clicking noise when I turned the steering wheel. Might be worth a check to see.

That plastic mount is a very interesting design in that it's basically designed to fail. It's very flimsy and poorly riveted to the inner fender. One of my buddies just notice that both of his were broken.

After hearing that and looking at it, I removed both hoses and put them in a storage container. It's only 2 hose clamps and a tie wrap holding them on, so they are easy to remove. And since I don't track the car, they aren't doing anything for rotors that are already vented and cross drilled.

I'll put them back on when I sell the car.

2016_05_27_22.08.28.jpg

Jeff does indeed know his stuff !!!

No more clicking.

Thanks

del

If you up grade lug bolts to the new ones it might not come back. Glad it helped.