Shift Sector Oregon

TT R8 GT

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should clean up TI. ETS wont be there and next fastest car is 15 mph slower.

....Yeah but half mile trap speed vs cars at TI are worlds different. I've seen 2000hp cars lose to 1500hp cars. You just can't choke and come out flat when that light turns green ... If you do you're gonna lose even to a much slower car. On top of that let's not forget about Tony, The Howeth's and all the other 2000+hp cars showing up. That's what I love about TI and why it is called the Proving Grounds :icon_super:

Well said.

Is A*M*S* gonna show up this time ???

Or are they gonna stay home just like last time ?

Gidi's Alpha G is their new flagship and he said he is only running his Lambo at TI. I am sure they will have other cars there, but not their flagship GTR.

you should clean up TI. ETS wont be there and next fastest car is 15 mph slower.

Why won't they be there ? I think with the gap Gidi put on ETS last time there's Noway ETS can keep up with the roll racing at TI and better off stay with the 1/2 mile and maybe try to get to 250

Why won't they be there ? I think with the gap Gidi put on ETS last time there's Noway ETS can keep up with the roll racing at TI and better off stay with the 1/2 mile and maybe try to get to 250

You do understand how much different the ETS GTR is now, right? It's running 213 in the 1/4, meaning the acceleration is just plain nuts. I'd venture to say the shorter distance is in ETS' favor.

So you´re saying we´re gonna get some Shop car action from the red UR1 Huracan? That would be awesome!!!

UR always race with customer cars and let them enjoy their cars and win events I never saw them bringing a shop car and racing it

UR always race with customer cars and let them enjoy their cars and win events I never saw them bringing a shop car and racing it

They actually did bring shop cars to TI and other half mile events in the recent past, however what they do is intentionally not beating their customers with them

Gidi's Alpha G is their new flagship and he said he is only running his Lambo at TI. I am sure they will have other cars there, but not their flagship GTR.

makes no sense. He built that car for Ti and wont race it?

I think its because Gidi is focusing on the 1/4 mile with Alpha G at the moment. Until he gets the 1/4 mile record I don't think Alpha G is going anywhere else but hey it's not my car...

You do understand how much different the ETS GTR is now, right? It's running 213 in the 1/4, meaning the acceleration is just plain nuts. I'd venture to say the shorter distance is in ETS' favor.

Yup. Smaller frontal area places into the G/Huracan's favor for all out speed. I'd venture to guess that ETS's car is making more power than Richard's even though is 3mph slower. Right now, I'd actually tag it as the favorite at TI if it holds together.

Of course, the UGR big dogs will most assuredly come with more power than last weekend, too

Yup. Smaller frontal area places into the G/Huracan's favor for all out speed. I'd venture to guess that ETS's car is making more power than Richard's even though is 3mph slower. Right now, I'd actually tag it as the favorite at TI if it holds together.

Of course, the UGR big dogs will most assuredly come with more power than last weekend, too

All of which is great news for us auto enthusiasts!

Yeah it's pretty annoying when people are saying to me "Grats on the record but man I hope your car is OK!"

Yeah but half mile trap speed vs cars at TI are worlds different. I've seen 2000hp cars lose to 1500hp cars. You just can't choke and come out flat when that light turns green ... If you do you're gonna lose even to a much slower car. On top of that let's not forget about Tony, The Howeth's and all the other 2000+hp cars showing up. That's what I love about TI and why it is called the Proving Grounds :icon_super:

Dude huge congrats! Yeah TI is crazy! Back in my day at TI you only needed 1800 horsepowers lmao.

We better get out to TI and start paving and extra 1,000 ft so we can get everyone slowed down lol. Hey it's grass on the other end of the runway at least lol. Your car is so fast that the race at TI may last 5 seconds if that. Just think about that. As soon as you let off the anti lag you will be reaching for the brakes lmao.

These half miles are a lot of fun to achieve personal records but there is nothing like TI and going mono on mono racing. It's the ultimate adrenaline rush.

That ETS GTR is completely stripped down and would need to add a bunch of shit back into it (Door panels, back seats etc) to even pass TI (Street) spec to even compete at TI. That being said that doesn't mean they won't do it and come out for TI...

Just so you guys know I was blasting AC and bumping music before I made my passes :) ... The only thing different in my Huracan is we swapped out for lighter seats.

That ETS GTR is completely stripped down and would need to add a bunch of shit back into it (Door panels, back seats etc) to even pass TI (Street) spec to even compete at TI. That being said that doesn't mean they won't do it and come out for TI...

Just so you guys know I was blasting AC and bumping music before I made my passes :) ... The only thing different in my Huracan is we swapped out for lighter seats.

They already said they don't race in TI. Which sucks thats the fastest GTR in the world by far....

1 car vs all the 2500HP lambos... will be a slaughter fest

I have huge respect for UGR and the TT Lambos, but I'm glad there are a couple GTRs out there putting up a good fight. Frankly, it would be boring if it was just UGR Lambo on UGR Lambo. I don't know much about the other big Lambo tuners but they don't seem to be quite...... there ......in terms of competition.

Unfortunately, the GTR is a pig. 3,900 lbs stock, plus cage, turbos, etc... It's a big (frontal area), heavy car, so not the 'ideal' competitor to a TTG/TTH. Starting about a year to year and a half ago, GTRs started getting stripped beyond the typical seats, carbon hood / trunk etc. ETS was actually the LAST big dog to do this, but they had to, because all the competition was already there (EKanoo, A*M*S Alpha G, T1 Race, etc...) FWIW, even the stripped down lexan windowed GTRs are coming in at 3,600+ lbs. Still a heavy weight even on a diet.

Here's some proof:

So even after all that it's still heavier than a TT Gallardo / Huracan. Again, I have tons of respect for UGR and Richard doing this at essentially full weight, on street tires (I'm assuming 888s). That makes the record even more ridiculous (and the kind of car I could actually see myself driving), but I just wanted to share some color on the competition.

As far as Alpha G, that's my understanding as well. It's strictly focused on the 1/4 mile record (currently 7.20) ... after that, who knows. Still the TI line-up looks bonkers.

They already said they don't race in TI. Which sucks thats the fastest GTR in the world by far....

1 car vs all the 2500HP lambos... will be a slaughter fest

No doubt Tony @ T1 will at least keep things interesting.

If people want to complain about the GTRs weight then why mod it? Just mod a huracan lol.

In all honestly wtf is 100-200lbs in half mile trap when you have 2500+ whp!?!!

I believe the Huracan (us spec) is over 3600lbs. I saw in magazine it weighed 3643 I think.

The UGR cars are heavier than these stripped out gtrs. Think of all the billet in these lambos plus cage, water tanks, and etc. I've been wanting to get this for years but not one GTR shop would weigh their car. Bring the damn scales to TI and weigh it right before the race. I bet the lambo is heavier.