Factory Racing Exhaust plus tune for AVSV!

TeamSalamone

Actually, you won't need to. The hexagonal shroud/surround will not fit on the SV so they won't be able to mount it anyway. Moreover, why would anyone mount this somewhat ordinary piece to cover the beautiful twin-rectangular chrome tips that has a Lamborghini script?

Please see below.

:rolleyes:

Welcome to 10 months ago! This is old news. Like raylambo said, the race exhaust (i.e. hardware and software) was originally for the LP700-4. When the LP750SV came out, this same exhaust was designed to be "physically compatible" with the SV, i.e. it will fit. But the tune on the SV is obviously different and a few had decided to dyno the car before and after the install. The shocking news was a) most of the hp gains were at the top-band instead of the claimed mid-band; b ) some cars actually lost hp! A few dealerships informed Lamborghini SpA on the issue, i.e. while the race exhaust fits, it won't have any hp benefits on the SV (typical Italian oversight). Consequently, Lambo SpA stopped selling the race exhaust for a few months in order to rewrite the software for the SV. The funny part is the new software is good up to all the MY16 SV's only. They are still working on the MY17 software (which is rumoured to be readied very soon but they had been saying that since November 2016). No idea on the firmware difference between the MY16 and MY17 SV's.

The USD40k Balboni exhaust does not have any hp gain either; it only looks and sounds good. But there obviously are clients more than willing to pay for one.

So is the race exhaust and tune good for the LP700?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So is the race exhaust and tune good for the LP700?

Always had been. It was designed for the LP700 to begin with. See post #36 on this thread on the process.

Without the owner signing the waiver/disclaimer, the factory won't provide the software that comes with the race exhaust. Not sure if that legality would work at your end though. The race exhaust will still work, sound-wise, even without the software; just that it likely isn't optimizes for the tune. Haven't heard/seen any CEL-related issue either.

Ok what shroud are we talking about here? Any photos?

I believe it's that metal hexagonal exhaust tip on the original LP700. It doesn't apply to you and your SV doesn't have it. The race exhaust comes with that shroud. It's an optional piece for the LP700.; it won't fit the SV. The OEM shroud on the car doesn't have enough clearance for the twin chrome tips. So a new piece which has part of its rim trimmed is included. Fitting that piece is optional. Accordingly, if you are pounding on the track all day for several days a week, the heat from the race exhaust may damage some of its surrounding plastic components so the shroud works as a heat shield. But if it's for regular street driving and the occasional track event, the heat shield is not necessary. To mount that new shroud over the twin chrome tips is plain silly. It covers about 65% of the twin chrome tips, masks the Lamborghini script and ruins the look entirely.

I believe it's that metal hexagonal exhaust tip on the original LP700. It doesn't apply to you and your SV doesn't have it. The race exhaust comes with that shroud. It's an optional piece for the LP700.; it won't fit the SV. The OEM shroud on the car doesn't have enough clearance for the twin chrome tips. So a new piece which has part of its rim trimmed is included. Fitting that piece is optional. Accordingly, if you are pounding on the track all day for several days a week, the heat from the race exhaust may damage some of its surrounding plastic components so the shroud works as a heat shield. But if it's for regular street driving and the occasional track event, the heat shield is not necessary. To mount that new shroud over the twin chrome tips is plain silly. It covers about 65% of the twin chrome tips, masks the Lamborghini script and ruins the look entirely.

You caught my post before I deleted it because I realized which shroud they were talking about. I didn't know it was coming with the factory race exhaust, it makes sense if the same exhaust is used for the LP700.

Actually, you won't need to. The hexagonal shroud/surround will not fit on the SV so they won't be able to mount it anyway. Moreover, why would anyone mount this somewhat ordinary piece to cover the beautiful twin-rectangular chrome tips that has a Lamborghini script?

Please see below.

:rolleyes:

Welcome to 10 months ago! This is old news. Like raylambo said, the race exhaust (i.e. hardware and software) was originally for the LP700-4. When the LP750SV came out, this same exhaust was designed to be "physically compatible" with the SV, i.e. it will fit. But the tune on the SV is obviously different and a few had decided to dyno the car before and after the install. The shocking news was a) most of the hp gains were at the top-band instead of the claimed mid-band; b ) some cars actually lost hp! A few dealerships informed Lamborghini SpA on the issue, i.e. while the race exhaust fits, it won't have any hp benefits on the SV (typical Italian oversight). Consequently, Lambo SpA stopped selling the race exhaust for a few months in order to rewrite the software for the SV. The funny part is the new software is good up to all the MY16 SV's only. They are still working on the MY17 software (which is rumoured to be readied very soon but they had been saying that since November 2016). No idea on the firmware difference between the MY16 and MY17 SV's.

The USD40k Balboni exhaust does not have any hp gain either; it only looks and sounds good. But there obviously are clients more than willing to pay for one.

the way I understood this was the actual car that was tested was a standard vent (non-SV) and had gains in some areas and loss in others.

the tune on the SV is just for the SV from what I was told. but I guess we will never know for sure until a actual SV is dyno'd. my car def felt faster with exhaust and tune but we all know this cant be measured this way.

Nothing seems proven yet except sound is very loud in race exhaust. So if this is what u want go for it.

Sound is ok in standard exhaust or u can add the sound tuning to make it louder; advantage is u can press strada and quieten it but not with race one as it is constantly loud (annoys my ears). Disadvantage is that standard tips are shit quality, rust and too sharp edged so they need to be polished or chromed maybe. It is absolutely beyond me why Lambo would allow such crappy quality steel tips finish on their top of the range car. But that's how it is.

Nothing seems proven yet except sound is very loud in race exhaust. So if this is what u want go for it.

Sound is ok in standard exhaust or u can add the sound tuning to make it louder; advantage is u can press strada and quieten it but not with race one as it is constantly loud (annoys my ears). Disadvantage is that standard tips are shit quality, rust and too sharp edged so they need to be polished or chromed maybe. It is absolutely beyond me why Lambo would allow such crappy quality steel tips finish on their top of the range car. But that's how it is.

probably to sell more race exhaust for 13k lolol

Always had been. It was designed for the LP700 to begin with. See post #36 on this thread on the process.

Without the owner signing the waiver/disclaimer, the factory won't provide the software that comes with the race exhaust. Not sure if that legality would work at your end though. The race exhaust will still work, sound-wise, even without the software; just that it likely isn't optimizes for the tune. Haven't heard/seen any CEL-related issue either.

Thanks for sharing.

Changing the exhaust is ALWAYS about the additional noise :icon_mrgreen:

Actually I think the standard exhaust is too quiet, looking forward to experiencing the race one.

Actually I think the standard exhaust is too quiet, looking forward to experiencing the race one.

:icon_thumleft: race exhaust is the $hit IMO

Go for it young Fortis and I hope u enjoy the very loud noise! The material on the race one is definitely better quality steel than the standard.

My old ear drums can't handle it so loud all the time! Obviously showing my age :icon_thumleft:

My old ear drums can't handle it so loud all the time! Obviously showing my age :icon_thumleft:

No disrespect in any way whatsoever but if you are advanced in your age, wouldn't you be less troubled by the noise? And as one ages, it's the upper frequencies that are lost first. This exhaust doesn't have much high frequencies; certainly not the F1 screaming sound. I have to rely on your views on the quality of the steel as I don't know much about that. But the edges race exhaust tips are equally if not sharper than the OEM ones. At least the OEM shroud have edges that are rolled and rounded (for being sharp, are you referring to the underside of the rolled edges), the race exhaust is a straight cross-section cut and that's pretty sharp by default.

Got the confirmation today that since mine was fixed at the factory before it left, they are going to do exhaust and tune tomorrow!

As far as the noise comments.... mine is a coupe. So I'm not worried about it being too loud. I will say that a roadster is a different story all together. When I had my 14 roadster with aftermarket exhaust, it was extremely loud with tops off,,and or middle window down. I have hearing loss, not because of age, but occupation. And I was afraid of losing anymore so I went back to a coupe. I bet that is what others are refrering to also. But the sound is out of this fcuking world and hard to not roll that back window and enjoy!

Go for it young Fortis and I hope u enjoy the very loud noise! The material on the race one is definitely better quality steel than the standard.

haha come on mate you aren't old!

Got the confirmation today that since mine was fixed at the factory before it left, they are going to do exhaust and tune tomorrow!

So that pretty much agrees with what the local guy told me, the issue wasn't with the software it was with the recall, recall done magically the software and hardware appears :lol2:

That's good news for you, I am still waiting for the recall work to be preformed :(

So that pretty much agrees with what the local guy told me, the issue wasn't with the software it was with the recall, recall done magically the software and hardware appears :lol2:

Accordingly, that's 80% of it. They also had to tweak some sensors' tolerances on the fuel pressure; something related to fuel vapours which, of course, correlates to the possible fire. I guess that's a small rewrite for the CPU's commands. Still kind of wondering on why it doesn't affect the MY06 SV's though.

Accordingly, that's 80% of it. They also had to tweak some sensors' tolerances on the fuel pressure; something related to fuel vapours which, of course, correlates to the possible fire. I guess that's a small rewrite for the CPU's commands. Still kind of wondering on why it doesn't affect the MY06 SV's though.

Exactly . Why should the s/w be different for 17 to 16 ?! I doubt it and would not be surprised if that is bs for whatever reason. It is the same CPU same h/w and s/w I bet.

no love for the MY16 owners :lol2:

No disrespect in any way whatsoever but if you are advanced in your age, wouldn't you be less troubled by the noise? And as one ages, it's the upper frequencies that are lost first. This exhaust doesn't have much high frequencies; certainly not the F1 screaming sound. I have to rely on your views on the quality of the steel as I don't know much about that. But the edges race exhaust tips are equally if not sharper than the OEM ones. At least the OEM shroud have edges that are rolled and rounded (for being sharp, are you referring to the underside of the rolled edges), the race exhaust is a straight cross-section cut and that's pretty sharp by default.

U seem to know what u r talking about with SVs.

But when it comes to the race exhaust, i can only handle the very loud noise for a short time before it irritates my ears for whatever reason -I'm no doctor.

Miy race exhaust is nicely cut shiny steel and a lot less sharp than the rusty old standard exhaust that is razor sharp to the point of easily cutting your fingers. If only.. lol

I prefer the shape of four tips of old exhaust in same steel as race one. Hence I will customise mine that way with sound tuning to salvage what remains of my hearing lol

no love for the MY16 owners :lol2:

You might be right! :icon_mrgreen: They obviously had totally abandoned the MY12 owners, those cars can't even be updated! :crybaby2:

U seem to know what u r talking about with SVs.

But when it comes to the race exhaust, i can only handle the very loud noise for a short time before it irritates my ears for whatever reason -I'm no doctor.

Miy race exhaust is nicely cut shiny steel and a lot less sharp than the rusty old standard exhaust that is razor sharp to the point of easily cutting your fingers. If only.. lol

I prefer the shape of four tips of old exhaust in same steel as race one. Hence I will customise mine that way with sound tuning to salvage what remains of my hearing lol

I try sir! :turboalex:

Fair enough. Hearing is very personal, certain individuals are more receptive/sensitive to certain frequencies. Personally, I am not a fan of the F1 scream as the high frequencies pierce my ears. I don't want the feeling of being chased by a swamp of angry bees either. :)

Noted on your race exhaust, I guess there is a slight variance on the finish for each one of them.

Wishing you success in custom-tuning your exhaust note to your satisfaction.

You might be right! :icon_mrgreen: They obviously had totally abandoned the MY12 owners, those cars can't even be updated! :crybaby2:

I try sir! :turboalex:

Fair enough. Hearing is very personal, certain individuals are more receptive/sensitive to certain frequencies. Personally, I am not a fan of the F1 scream as the high frequencies pierce my ears. I don't want the feeling of being chased by a swamp of angry bees either. :)

Noted on your race exhaust, I guess there is a slight variance on the finish for each one of them.

Wishing you success in custom-tuning your exhaust note to your satisfaction.

Thank you