Factory Racing Exhaust plus tune for AVSV!

TeamSalamone

I like the fact that race exhust is lighter and better quality steel finish than the crappy standard one but it was designed for the lp700 not SV which is why the surround does not fit on SV.. From a distance it looks like 2 rectangular holes .

Factory should design one for SV

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the fact that race exhust is lighter and better quality steel finish than the crappy standard one but it was designed for the lp700 not SV which is why the surround does not fit on SV.. From a distance it looks like 2 rectangular holes .

But also the SV does come with a lighter more free flowing exhaust than the 700 so maybe that's why the factory isn't keen on building one ?

Why would the factory bother to design one for the SV if all the race exhausts are already flying off the shelves from being bought by the SV owners?

Different strokes I suppose but the surround that fits around the race exhaust's dual tips looks lame IMO. The race exhaust had dual rectangular tips with slanted ends. The outer surface is chromed with the Lamborghini script edged onto the top of the left tip. Putting the surround on it substantially covered the majority of the chrome part and almost partially covered the edged Lambo script. Why would one want that? If from a distant the race exhaust tips look like 2 rectangular holes, then a regular exhaust looks like 1 big hexagon hole and a race exhaust tips with the surround look like 2 rectangular holes with 1 big hexagon rim surrounding them. Perhaps that's just me but I don't find that last combo optically pleasing.

According to Lambo SpA, installation for the surround piece for the race exhaust on a LP700 is optional. On regular and even the occasional spirited driving, the surround piece is not necessary. It's only "recommended" if one tracks the car for hours non end on a weekly basis. It offers additional shielding from the possible heat-related damages to the LP700 rear end from the race exhaust. On the SV, the entire bodywork near the exhaust has been redesigned to factor in the heat issue; that along with the downsizing of the exhaust itself provided more space for proper heat dissipation so fundamentally the surround does not fit because it needs not to be there.

True. The factory will not bother if customers are buying the old race exhaust (that was designed for the LP 700) for the SV.

It's all matter of taste what shape you like. I don't like that last combo either. It would have been nice if an SV version was designed by the factory or it doesn't change colour to yellow / brown or design a remote door opener etc All wishful thinking ...

BTW, I found out that the material is not chrome (as I thought) but steel and managed to find a place that polished it for me so it is shiny again -for now lol.

True. The factory will not bother if customers are buying the old race exhaust (that was designed for the LP 700) for the SV.

It's all matter of taste what shape you like. I don't like that last combo either. It would have been nice if an SV version was designed by the factory or it doesn't change colour to yellow / brown or design a remote door opener etc All wishful thinking ...

BTW, I found out that the material is not chrome (as I thought) but steel and managed to find a place that polished it for me so it is shiny again -for now lol.

Or I'm pretty sure Autosol would do the trick to

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to get one of these on my SVR but dealer hasn't had one now going on 2 months since ordered. I tried calling a few others in the area (So Cal) and even Nevada and no one had it.

Anyone know if there's any production issues with the exhausts?

I was so upset the first time I hears my first SV start up... so quiet. I think I started this thread. anyway, Toof knows what I know and I am happy he is thrilled with it. The Exhaust and Tune make the car far more quick... its faster ... more horse power and it sounds as mean as it looks. I love my exhaust!! I would never (ever) modify with aftermarket exhaust (Yep I just wont do it) and I am thrilled that this is available. I love mine .. although its yellow/brownish not chrome anymore ... but at least the freaking car sounds like a beast!! My God I love the SV.

Since day 1 I loved the SV ... now I love it more

I was so upset the first time I hears my first SV start up... so quiet. I think I started this thread. anyway, Toof knows what I know and I am happy he is thrilled with it. The Exhaust and Tune make the car far more quick... its faster ... more horse power and it sounds as mean as it looks. I love my exhaust!! I would never (ever) modify with aftermarket exhaust (Yep I just wont do it) and I am thrilled that this is available. I love mine .. although its yellow/brownish not chrome anymore ... but at least the freaking car sounds like a beast!! My God I love the SV.

Since day 1 I loved the SV ... now I love it more

Agreed , it sounds phenomenal, so much more throatier

• 1 month later...

I personally think the race exhaust is too loud for me in particular when I want to just cruise, there is no way of quieting the car down, can't even take a call while driving LOL.

I personally think the race exhaust is too loud for me in particular when I want to just cruise, there is no way of quieting the car down, can't even take a call while driving LOL.

I don't talk on the phone much anymore.

So should I buy it?

I think I need a intervention lol

Seriously should I buy it? I like loud cars,

Thx in advance

So should I buy it?

Thx in advance

Yes, you absolutely should buy it.

If you like loud cars then yes you should buy it. I sometimes want it louder then it it is but that's just because I like to be obnoxious lol

So should I buy it?

Thx in advance

If you like loud cars you should buy it.

Edit:

I replied before reading Rhyno's post LOL.

• 1 month later...

Or just go for the Larini clubsport exhaust which comes ceramic coated for better heat dissipation in Gold and black coating, 12.8kgs only

IMG_8329.JPG

IMG_8350.JPG

IMG_8353.JPG