Cls63s AMG badging backwards?

albuht813

Just thought I would run a situation by you guys and see what you guys thought. I'm about to be a new owner of this 2016 cls63. The only thing is the badging on the trunk is backwards. Usually the cls63 is on the driver side and all the other cars I've seen have it the other way around. Has anyone seen this before? The dealer insists this is how the cars are being badged for 2016 but that isn't consistent with what I've seen. What would you guys do?

IMG_2328.JPG

Its certainly an easy fix if you like it the other way

Thanks for posting. It definitely is a simple fix but it just made me stop and wonder why this is the only example in all the places I've looked. The dealer posted a pic of the original sticker and I'm requesting a pic of the VIn on the car to make sure it matches. But the interior seems to match up which makes me feel better about it.

Anyone out there who would suspect something wrong? Here's a pic of the interior which has the AMG buttons and the AMG dials on the gauges...

IMG_2329.JPG

That is kind of odd. Is it brand new? If it's slightly used, the previous owner probably debadged it and the dealer put the badges back on when selling, but just happened to do it wrong. That's the most likely situation.

Definitely get the VIN to make sure it's a real AMG.

Then I'd agree with GO-RAN or BLK TONY. It's either been in an accident or de-badged because that isn't right.

From Mercedes-AMG official website:

cls63s_2.jpg

Edit: Finding some more with the badges like the OP's...hmmm this is getting confusing now:

2015-C-CLASS-C63-AMG-SEDAN-044-MCFO.jpg

02-2012-mercedes-benz-cls63-amg-review.j

And another one for sale with the badges in the OP's order:

http://www.wisimonson.net/new/Mercedes-Ben...24d3a72792b.htm

Thanks to everyone for your time investigating this. The car had 1 previous owner for 2500mi and is being sold from Elite Motorsports (as you can tell from the pictures). The owner is quite active in the auto industry and is an enthusiast as well. He was a great guy to talk to! The dealer has been very responsive to my emails and have specifically written in the emails that there is no mods to the car, no damage, no paintwork. I see no reason why he would want to pull any tricks. I just don't want to be that guy who didn't look into the situation.

That for sale ad made me feel reassured that these cars can come from the factory this way. For what reason? I couldn't find one on the net.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_07_at_6.58.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_07_at_6.59.40_PM.png

My wagon, I think is about a month old.

Didn't you get a new wagon not to long ago? I think I still have the picture of it in front of your house right before it was done

Didn't you get a new wagon not to long ago? I think I still have the picture of it in front of your house right before it was done

You are correct, this is my 2nd one.

That's interesting and I did a quick google search and it seems like all the new GLE63's have the "AMG" badge on the left side.

Btw, congrats on the car.

1280px-Mercedes-AMG_GLE63_S_4MATIC_(W166

Mercedes-AMG-GLE-63-Coupe-rear-at-the-20

Thanks to everyone for your time investigating this. The car had 1 previous owner for 2500mi and is being sold from Elite Motorsports (as you can tell from the pictures). The owner is quite active in the auto industry and is an enthusiast as well. He was a great guy to talk to! The dealer has been very responsive to my emails and have specifically written in the emails that there is no mods to the car, no damage, no paintwork. I see no reason why he would want to pull any tricks. I just don't want to be that guy who didn't look into the situation.

That for sale ad made me feel reassured that these cars can come from the factory this way. For what reason? I couldn't find one on the net.

I don't know anyone that has ever had an issue buying from SW. He is a great guy I met him a couple times back when he had his supra and was taking names from everyone.

Just saw one of these here the other day. Exactly the same as your photo. I thought it was weird too, but that appears to be the norm, now.

The badging is correct, they changed it at some point in the last few months, newer 2016s have the badging reversed. No reason to worry.

Thanks everyone for your time looking into this with me. Greatly appreciated. I'm taking delivery of the car sometime next week and I'm really excited!

Elite Motorsports has been great with me throughout this ordeal (never rude, patient, very responsive to emails...Nicole is great!) and it's great to see that they understand customer service.

When you build a CLS on the official Mercedes website, the pictures match the badging which I guess is the "new normal." Also, when you're selecting a car build all the AMG cars are written with the AMG first. Just an FYI to anyone else who might be in the same shoes as me.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_09_at_7.24.37_PM.png