Mods Usual suspects?

JonV8944s

Ok ok, I can't keep anything stock, and my new baby is 100% stock, so I need to fix that:

So These are the bolt ons that I think are the 'standard' ones:

1. LOC /LNB exhaust

2. Secondary Bypass

3. Filters

4. Arguing with Whiteout on RWD (kidding)

5. Tune (unfortunately UGR which is literally in my city, wont do NA cars) (Any other recommendations in Charlotte, NC?)

What else?

Thanks,

Jon

Tint. Your car needs little to nothing really and is not one I'd want to modify much.

Maybe do a transmission swap :)

I have a set of secondary cat bypass pipes that I never used since I wasn't aware my car had an aftermarket exhaust.

Ditch the orange and red markers and get the clear/smoked.

Steering wheel as well, I love the feel of the thick custom made one..

25233904853_07035c1ffd_k.jpg

30427951082_5300626637_k.jpg

Dude our cars are going to be so close to twins once you're done it'll be crazy!

Other than what you're thinking already I think your car is honestly perfect as is. I went through the same thing with mine (already has a crazy stereo as well) and there just isn't anything the car really needs, as much as you want there to be haha.

The one thing that i noticed that really does update the look is the wheels. The 19/20 HRE's I have on it now really do make it look newer but you will sacrifice a bit in ride quality, as I'm sure you're aware. I like wheels that look like updated rather than anything too crazy and the P104's really hit the mark.

Ok ok, I can't keep anything stock, and my new baby is 100% stock, so I need to fix that:

1. LOC /LNB exhaust

2. Secondary Bypass

3. Filters

5. Tune (unfortunately UGR which is literally in my city, wont do NA cars) (Any other recommendations in Charlotte, NC?)

What else?

Thanks,

Jon

6. Tear off seat protectors so the next owner doesn't have to clean all the stains off the passenger seat.

7. Spray on bed liner for the dash and center console to stop the heal marks and imprints in the dash

8. Now that you no longer live in Chicago, 7 may not be as helpful. Possibly get some running boards and big mudder tires to help you fit in better in your new location.

1. LOC /LNB exhaust

2. Secondary Bypass

3. Filters

What else?

Thanks,

Jon

6. Tear off seat protectors so the next owner doesn't have to clean all the stains off the passenger seat.

7. Spray on bed liner for the dash and center console to stop the heal marks and imprints in the dash

8. Now that you no longer live in Chicago, 7 may not be as helpful. Possibly get some running boards and big mudder tires to help you fit in better in your new location.

1. LOC /LNB exhaust

2. Secondary Bypass

3. Filters

What else?

Thanks,

Jon

Wheels and tires if you are into that sort of thing.

Do you wan to keep it like a modified car or do you want like a poser SV kit and that jazz?

I did wheels and tires on my 06, and they REALLY updated the car, the problem is, they are literally the only wheels I have ever loved that were aftermarket, and I paid a lot to get them modified to fit 265 wide tire on 19 front and normal 345 on the rear. That being said, running those small sidewall tires is brutal on the comfort level. I'd love to get a set of 18 front and 19 rear, so I can run slightly bigger sidewalls that will give a much better ride. But I know everyone is like 'what dude, thats like so 2002 to be doing 18/19' yup and I get it, 19/20 looks better, but 18/19 is better for 'go' not 'show'

Tint. Your car needs little to nothing really and is not one I'd want to modify much.

Maybe do a transmission swap :)

My car is tinted, just always take photos with the windows down. Hahah, for resale, absolutely, for every day driveability, egear all the way. I wont argue stick isn't better for resale due to rarity, but I will argue that high speed maneuvers and track times and cruising are all done better in an egear.

Fabspeed has the ECU tune... I still wonder how those work on the 6.2 and 6.5?

My problem with mail order ecu's is that they leave a lot on the table. Point in case, Eurotech or Eurosport, I cant remember, Euro something gave me an 'aggressive' mail order tune, and then when I finally let A Em Esss (the GTR people) tune my lambo, they literally doubled the gains on a realtime dyno tune over the mail order one. So I'd rather not do it 'half way' Real tunes need real time adjustments based on how each car behaves. If it was cheap, sure I'd do it, but since its a lot of money and its sunk cost when you have a live tune done, I'd rather just pay once for a live tune. (And plan to)

I have a set of secondary cat bypass pipes that I never used since I wasn't aware my car had an aftermarket exhaust.

Ditch the orange and red markers and get the clear/smoked.

Steering wheel as well, I love the feel of the thick custom made one..

LOVE LOVE LOVE your steering wheel, but my question to you is, did you have an 09 version where the bottom is Carbon Fiber from the factory? Sure it doesnt comare to yours, BUT ITS better then the normal 'all leather' one. My old murci I put a bad ass one on, All carbon fiber, but I do like my oem one almost enough to leave it alone. Only because its got carbon factory from the factory. My car literally has every option I can find. The partial CF upgrade you did on your car, I have all those from the factory, and then lots more. Anything that could be optioned as CF, was. You're steering wheel is the only part I lust after lol.

Also, if you want to unload those secondary's I'd be happy to work with you on that.

Dude our cars are going to be so close to twins once you're done it'll be crazy!

Other than what you're thinking already I think your car is honestly perfect as is. I went through the same thing with mine (already has a crazy stereo as well) and there just isn't anything the car really needs, as much as you want there to be haha.

The one thing that i noticed that really does update the look is the wheels. The 19/20 HRE's I have on it now really do make it look newer but you will sacrifice a bit in ride quality, as I'm sure you're aware. I like wheels that look like updated rather than anything too crazy and the P104's really hit the mark.

Again your wheels are awesome, but look at my old Murci, I had the 19/20 setup and boy its a stiff ride. So I guess I should have said, I want to MOD FOR POWER and performance. Not the 'show' type, but then again who we kidding, I got a MB Murci LP640 lol!

Wow you must really feel strongly about this, with your 234 posts that are all the same. BTW, I did order Seat Covers because my seats are a work of art and with 4k miles on them, I'd hate to add any of those stains you speak of lol.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your steering wheel, but my question to you is, did you have an 09 version where the bottom is Carbon Fiber from the factory? Sure it doesnt comare to yours, BUT ITS better then the normal 'all leather' one. My old murci I put a bad ass one on, All carbon fiber, but I do like my oem one almost enough to leave it alone. Only because its got carbon factory from the factory. My car literally has every option I can find. The partial CF upgrade you did on your car, I have all those from the factory, and then lots more. Anything that could be optioned as CF, was. You're steering wheel is the only part I lust after lol.

Also, if you want to unload those secondary's I'd be happy to work with you on that.

No mine was all leather no CF, the thickness of the wheel along with the carbon is what I love.

Sure shoot me a message on the bypass pipes.

post-3713-1477537565_thumb.jpg

post-3713-1477537578_thumb.jpg

Long tube headers like on Alpha6164's LP640.

That's my ideal option but not reasonable with car transportation needed :(

Someone needs to make a off the shelf header for us!

Thanks,

Jon