Aventador SV window tinting

Budfox

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you can go back and edit your posts but if I were you I'd take their names out of them. Just move on and keep it civil :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

back on topic does anyone know if the 17' SV still has the tint/screw issue? or has it been fixed by the factory?

Budfox.

You are deliberately dropping names in like it means something. It is petty. Stop it.

Anyone using real names in this thread or any others as petty point scoring gets a ban for a year.

If there is an issue from another forum then deal with it there, do not walk your shitty shoes through our house.

I expect more from you Australians but if you are going to be a bunch of bed wetters then we will take action and I don't mean ridiculing how bad you lot have been at Rugby/Cricket/Cycling etc of late.

back on topic does anyone know if the 17' SV still has the tint/screw issue? or has it been fixed by the factory?

I am very reluctant to let them dismantle the doors I am paranoid about rattles etc. I will have them tinted and report back.

I am very reluctant to let them dismantle the doors I am paranoid about rattles etc. I will have them tinted and report back.

Just don't do your windows all the way down.

I will take a pic later on to show you what happens when the bolt hits the tint, it's seriously annoying. Also when you go get tint done cover the alcantara around the edges of the small windows. Use some very very light tape and plastic, don't at any cost let the window tint guy wipe the alacantara down if glue drips onto it, they will tell you it's ok because the glue water soluble but don't listen to them, trust me mate !

I should also add that the tinter will probably get into your car and kneel on you seat, cover your seat with a cushion and plastic, close your eyes and look away.

Now we are back on topic, see how much nicer it is when people maintain some level of intelligence and decorum.

Thanks to Fortis, I had the dealer REMOVE the glass from the door frame, tint it, while door panel was off, bolt replaced with new shorter one (from Lamborghini), and everything the put back together. no rattles, no glue on alcantara, no kneeling on the seats and most importantly, no tramp stamp scratch on tint when window is operated.

Budfox.

You are deliberately dropping names in like it means something. It is petty. Stop it.

Anyone using real names in this thread or any others as petty point scoring gets a ban for a year.

If there is an issue from another forum then deal with it there, do not walk your shitty shoes through our house.

I expect more from you Australians but if you are going to be a bunch of bed wetters then we will take action and I don't mean ridiculing how bad you lot have been at Rugby/Cricket/Cycling etc of late.

My intent was to get legitimate feedback regarding window tinting, and that was the topic until two little boys hijacked the thread with personal attacks and smug remarks. If you take a look at all my posts they were factual and on topic until these children started acting like kids in a playground.

At the end of the day I will continue to post facts and commentis in line with the topic at hand and expect others to do the same.

Thanks to Fortis, I had the dealer REMOVE the glass from the door frame, tint it, while door panel was off, bolt replaced with new shorter one (from Lamborghini), and everything the put back together. no rattles, no glue on alcantara, no kneeling on the seats and most importantly, no tramp stamp scratch on tint when window is operated.

Removing the windows is the better way of doing it. did you also get the smaller windows tinted? they can't be removed as you know.

Removing the windows is the better way of doing it. did you also get the smaller windows tinted? they can't be removed as you know.

honestly, don't remember if rear window is tinted or not...I'll look when I'm back home and let you know...but I think it is.

Here is the very annoying mark cased by the bolt on the tint. It looks bad but it's only that the tint is scratched form the inside, the window is not chipped or scratched.

I'm glad we a still on topic ))) hopefully this thread does not get derailed by clowns again.

1480289267225.jpeg

honestly, don't remember if rear window is tinted or not...I'll look when I'm back home and let you know...but I think it is.

I hate to say it but in order to tint the rear window the tinter must kneel on the seats or centre console. It's a scary thought I know, I don't even like thinking about it.

To be honest you don't need to tint the rear window anyway. I have done it on 2 of my lambos but it's not necessary.

I hate to say it but in order to tint the rear window the tinter must kneel on the seats or centre console. It's a scary thought I know, I don't even like thinking about it.

To be honest you don't need to tint the rear window anyway. I have done it on 2 of my lambos but it's not necessary.

Just remove the seats. Quick and easy. Will make it much easier for the installer especially as head room is at a premium.

Just remove the seats. Quick and easy. Will make it much easier for the installer especially as head room is at a premium.

That's next level again. Yes it's possible but it all comes down to how far you want to go.

how are you so smart?

how are you so smart?

Keep your smart remarks to yourself. If you don't have anything beneficial to add to this thread don't comment.

Come back when you have something constructive to add that will help others. That's what forums are about right?

That's next level again. Yes it's possible but it all comes down to how far you want to go.

Don't know about "next level"

Couple of bolts. Would take 5mins. I would have thought it would be a given.

It takes a bit longer than that, at the end of the day it just comes down to weather you actually want to tint the rear window and how much time and planning you want to spend to get it done perfectly.

There are no prizes for "best window tint" or "best tint install". If your able to get to your dealer to have the seats removed or are compfortable removing them yourself then do it.

It takes a bit longer than that, at the end of the day it just comes down to weather you actually want to tint the rear window and how much time and planning you want to spend to get it done perfectly.

There are no prizes for "best window tint" or "best tint install". If your able to get to your dealer to have the seats removed or are compfortable removing them yourself then do it.

I just spoke to my dealer and he does not recommend removing the seats to install a tint on the rear window... but of course it's all personal preference, how detailed you want to get and how much time you want to spend on tinting a small window.... personally I would not bother, but that is just my preference. Each to their own !!

Keep your smart remarks to yourself. If you don't have anything beneficial to add to this thread don't comment.

Come back when you have something constructive to add that will help others. That's what forums are about right?

He is constructive. He's exposing you to the members here of the sham you are.

I just spoke to my dealer and he does not recommend removing the seats to install a tint on the rear window... but of course it's all personal preference, how detailed you want to get and how much time you want to spend on tinting a small window.... personally I would not bother, but that is just my preference. Each to their own !!

Must be a pretty useless tech. It's common procedure to remove the seats (it is only a few bolts) in order to tint the windows without doing any damage to the interior. Seats get removed regularly for a number of maintenance reasons too. Surprised you didn't know that since you are a know it all.

Dude, you don't know what you are talking about. Remember how smart he is - he already told you he came first in his class!!!

It's our duty to expose bullshitters. Community is small enough and we see it often enough.

If done by the dealer, it would be covered by warranty. If you are truly worried, come down here for a road trip. Massimo has done every Av down here.