Mercedes New F1 Driver?? 2017 F1 season

RobberBaron

The Mercedes being the longest car, seems to not do as well on the streets of Monaco, and the McLarens did not look to bad.

Power is not as important at Monaco, should suit McLarens better than most other tracks. Vettel set the fastest lap ever today - 102 mph average. That is insane considering how tight Monaco is.

Should be an interesting first corner with the wider cars.

Interesting also to see how Alonso fares at Indy, so far he has acquitted himself extremely well.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great touch, Alonso in Indianapolis piped right through to Jenson Button live in the pitlane.

Alonso "Look after my car"

Button "I am going to pee in the seat"

Great touch, Alonso in Indianapolis piped right through to Jenson Button live in the pitlane.

Alonso "Look after my car"

Button "I am going to pee in the seat"

Unfortunately looks like the best part of the race so far. Snooze fest as of lap 13.

It is the nature of the beast at that track.

I have been told that it is relatively cheap to attend. Most fans are on the hillside and they do not charge for those tickets.

Having been to Monaco it is staggering how they do the speeds they do.

Imagine sitting on a yellow pages in the middle of town and do 90mph. That is the race.

Hamilton did well to salvage some points but usual snooze fest.

Bring on Canada, let's see this Ferrari horses let off

Kimi did not look to happy after the race, and you have to give it to Vettel he set those fast laps when he needed to and was able to advance past Kimi through pit stop strategy.

Kimi's engineer was way way more pissed. Arrivabene walked over them as he wanted Vettel to win. It was ugly inside job and nasty one.

If Kimi is not announced as gone at the Canadian GP then I would be shocked.

Season after season he has been on borrowed time and the stats showing his last pole and what age some of the drivers onto today's grid were indicate he has coasted.

UK press seem to think Sergio Pérez or Saintz. Would prefer the latter.

Annnnnd Alonso's Honda went pop today.

I would love Alonso to be in a Red Bull next year.

• 2 months later...
Fourth fastest today in Renault. Impressive and shows you how talented he is.

Yup, I'm really not a Kubica fanboy, but if he makes it back at this level it will be frkn incredible.

I am actually bored of the Kubica and kimi fanbois.

Kimi has done nothing and I mean nothing. He has been near the front. That is it, near.

The only old driver I want to see in a good car is Alonso.

The rest, look at Max Verstappen, look at Carlos Sainz. I would rather watch them in and out of the car then Kimi groaning down the radio in a race and just getting onto the podium and then mono groan in front of the media.

Kubica, sorry even in his day he was not consistent. So why do people think that weekend in weekend out he will produce the goods? Good driver yes but plenty more in the talent pool. Give me something new not a remix of the greatest hits. I have heard that.

I am actually bored of the Kubica and kimi fanbois.

Kimi has done nothing and I mean nothing. He has been near the front. That is it, near.

The only old driver I want to see in a good car is Alonso.

The rest, look at Max Verstappen, look at Carlos Sainz. I would rather watch them in and out of the car then Kimi groaning down the radio in a race and just getting onto the podium and then mono groan in front of the media.

Kubica, sorry even in his day he was not consistent. So why do people think that weekend in weekend out he will produce the goods? Good driver yes but plenty more in the talent pool. Give me something new not a remix of the greatest hits. I have heard that.

All agreed Capitano. It's kinda crazydepressing with all the talent in the feeder series and the lesser teams on the grid, that a guy with one working arm could even be in with a shot. I'd love to see Sainz in a competitive car

If Kimi is not announced as gone at the Canadian GP then I would be shocked.

Season after season he has been on borrowed time and the stats showing his last pole and what age some of the drivers onto today's grid were indicate he has coasted.

Absolute bullshit. This and the other posts about Kimi.

And yes Kimi has been half sleeping many seasons but not this one.

Kimi was obvious winner for last GP. OBVIOUS. He had way faster pace than anyone else on track. Fastest man on track through out the race.

BUT and there is always but with Ferrari and slimy italian mafiosos.

Those throat cancer advocates do not give that ever to Kimi.

He was taken in just next lap after Vettel, had he stayed out even one lap longer he would have gone past him.

Ferrari wants to Vettel to win, they do all the dirty tricks they can. And from last 3 seasons I cant remember a race when his race was not sabotaged with very damaging tactic inside his team and race engineer who calls the pits.

Kimi acted as a damage barrior between Vettel and Mercedes boys for last 30 laps or so.

Kimi was constantly asking if he can pass Vettel as his pace was far superior, but Arrivabene and that other slick prick Marchionne did not give permission.

Not a Kimi fanboy at all, he was totally lost for many seasons imho, but on this season the team is making everything it can to make Kimi stay behind Vettel. It is really annoying, I can see through it all and it pisses me off.

BTW. Why Kimi talks like that, he had bad accident as a child and his voice organs damaged badly.

Most over hyped driver ever.

Ferrari are not holding him back on pole laps are they? How many poles has he had in the last 3 years?

So? His racepace was better, with straight strategy he would have win very naturally, just keep him out a bit longer after Vettel's stop.

Vettel is exceptional qualifying driver, Kimi has been multiple times only few _thousands_ of a _second_ not minute, not hour but a thousands of a second slower on quali. That makes him to be few centimeters of the pace on qualifying lap.

But, also can you tell how many fastest laps during a race has he done? Answer: he has second most fastest laps ever during race, only behind legendary Schumacher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formu...t_lap#By_driver

• 2 weeks later...
fcuk sake, Kimi to race in 2018 at Ferrari.

With so much motivated talent why waste a competive seat on a nearly ran?

He is hired to support seb for suspected 2018 F1 title.

His role is to be a bung between seb and rest.

So how do you still want top spot from Kimi because he is not allowed have it.

Trust me I hate fact more than you but I his race engineer has raped Kimi and his fans and countrymans so many times that while it hurts I know the same will happen again.

Kimi is nearly ran because Ferrari wont allow otherway, no straight competition between team mates and roles are very clear.

I would also rather see something else than be frustrated to situation whole next year on top of this year but propably Kimi gets a healthy paycheck that keeps him still in grid in a red car. And also I think Kimi is willing to endure this to get future spots in LeMans-type racing where he would like to drive a red car and be n:o 1 in podium.

He is hired to support seb for suspected 2018 F1 title.

His role is to be a bung between seb and rest.

So how do you still want top spot from Kimi because he is not allowed have it.

Trust me I hate fact more than you but I his race engineer has raped Kimi and his fans and countrymans so many times that while it hurts I know the same will happen again.

Kimi is nearly ran because Ferrari wont allow otherway, no straight competition between team mates and roles are very clear.

I would also rather see something else than be frustrated to situation whole next year on top of this year but propably Kimi gets a healthy paycheck that keeps him still in grid in a red car. And also I think Kimi is willing to endure this to get future spots in LeMans-type racing where he would like to drive a red car and be n:o 1 in podium.

So he is not good enough to beat Vettel.

I dont care to fight over a spectator sport. Think what you like. Vettel is usually slightly stronger, but in last race and several others this season kimi was fastest on the track and team did not allow overtaking vettel with injured car.