Russian Ambassador to Turkey

pakisho

By an ex-turkish spec forces guy. Shot in the back.

I read it was an off-duty Turkish police officer.

Also, prepare for a massive shit storm to follow.

Lets see. Big difference between some cop wilding out vs an actual state sponsored hostile act (I suppose you could lump the Su24 shootdown in that category, and the apocalypse didnt happen that time)

The shooter/assasin right after he shot and killed the amassador, He shouted "We die in Allepo you will die here" as well as "god is good" after the shooting. Im not sure if this will be chalked up to radical islam or political, I'm on the fence as to which one it will be.

*Warning Dead guy picture below (in the background)*

post-8211-1482189783_thumb.jpg

there is video of the shooting too, not sure if I will upload a link but it is readily findable if you so desire.

no need to over react, assassinations never started anything serious.

No over reaction here. It's not like an assassinations has ever started a world war or anything.

^ This isn't 1914. Turkey (the Turkish Air Force, mind you) shot down an SU-24 in November of last year, and the repercussions were virtually non-existent for a number of reasons, chief among them the fact that Moscow would rather Erdogan cozy up with them than with Europe and the US. I am confident that Moscow will use this to bring Erdogan's Turkey closer by some tough talk followed by a series of diplomatic meetings that will ultimately result in "restored" (or better) relations with Turkey.

I do not buy in to the conspiracy theories of this being a government inside job; the signs that I have seen all point to a lone-wolf that reached the breaking point after seeing the treatment of civilians in Aleppo over the last week.

Most likely lone wolf scenario imo. Thing is... The mood in Turkey is very much anti Russian despite official reconciliation and the media says one thing in Turkish and another in English. Same publication could strike a totally different tone when presenting news for turks in Turkish, and another when it translates it to their English language counterpart. Almost dystopian.

The times we live in....

In other news, pakistani refugee drove a truck into a Christmas market in Berlin. 12 dead, 50 wounded. RIP