Murcielago Reid Performance Package, I NEED YOUR Vbox numbers to compare!

JonV8944s

How will you get consistent vbox numbers? It's hard to hook up hard in 1st without fishtailing down the street

There will be slight variations between drivers, locations, tires, etc., but in general collecting data will give a good idea of what modifications change performance. The egear cars will be the best, because it will limit driver error on the launch and shift points.

Reid's new RWD conversion with titanium axle nuts, trans reinforcement (best improvement - much smoother clutch engagement all around, uphill, low speed)

Glad to see they figured out that the trans reinforcement was needed. I remember telling Nick a few months back on one of the forums that the little flimsy cage for the shifter was not going to support the front of the transmission adequately after removing the front diff, since the front diff clearly was major part of the support for the whole drive train. He didn't agree with me at the time though.

Sorry TOTAL TYPO... 20x8.5 F with the 245/30/20 F PZERO

Yes RWD conversion has been done. It rubs a tiny bit on dips, I haven't done any full lock turns yet, usually slow speed stuff nose lift is up in the places I am

A small bit of camber maybe 2 degrees would solve this

Thankx for clearing this up MW000, as I'm looking to get back into the after market wheel soon but I would be more comfortable to stay with 19/20 set up. The RWD conversion also very tempting but when I'm thinking of the happy tail end.......it stops me from doing it.

Thankx for clearing this up MW000, as I'm looking to get back into the after market wheel soon but I would be more comfortable to stay with 19/20 set up. The RWD conversion also very tempting but when I'm thinking of the happy tail end.......it stops me from doing it.

It's not that bad. It's a big heavy car so even if u bust a turn and kick the tail it's very controllable.

The improvement to the steering feel, clutch engagement and

power realization is well worth it.

I never drive the roadster in the rain with the top on, even if I did I would never even consider converting back

Glad to see they figured out that the trans reinforcement was needed. I remember telling Nick a few months back on one of the forums that the little flimsy cage for the shifter was not going to support the front of the transmission adequately after removing the front diff, since the front diff clearly was major part of the support for the whole drive train. He didn't agree with me at the time though.

This is 100% the make or break piece. It acts like 2 different cars with and without this piece.

There was some driveline buzz and shake without it, engagement was very jerky at some times.

After the piece, It drives much much better than AWD. The steering feel is still heavy which I like, but it feels much more precise

This is 100% the make or break piece. It acts like 2 different cars with and without this piece.

There was some driveline buzz and shake without it, engagement was very jerky at some times.

After the piece, It drives much much better than AWD. The steering feel is still heavy which I like, but it feels much more precise

My thoughts exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm selling my 2009 lp640 but I found my vbox that was missing so....

I drove it to cars and coffee this morning.

75 degrees out, 2 people in the car, full tank of gas, with big SV wing on the car, HRE 19" wheels with giant toyo r888 tires 345/30/19 in rear, no idea of slant. One run only and hit rev limiter going into 4th. K&n air filters, and straight exhaust off the headers. Probably could be a tiny bit better without limiter but that's usually only a delay of .1 for this. The wing slows down more above 100mph.

Vbox

60-130mph =8.1

100-150mph =8.1