Check out the New Road and Track

NetViper

Absolutely dreaming, could care less about that article and it's "data".

Do it in real life, using even just a rudimentary G-Tech timing device and then I'll believe the hype. Oh, and be sure to call up the Lingenfelter people and tell them they've got it all wrong, they don't need to so heavily modify a POS's engine to get it down to 21 seconds. All they need is a clutch and flywheel.

Come on man...think.

im always thinking but your a number racer and always gotta flame on domestics because they will be faster/quicker in a quarter mile. woopty doo so you dont race qtr mile there are more vettes on any given track day than exotics unless for example its rented by ferrari or the porsche guys. i gave an article with numbers and you call me a dumbass as polite as you could. you cant go full throttle in those lpe vettes in first or second gear and depending on the package 3 or even part of 4th gear. shit gimme a line lock and narrow wheels and ill do a burnout and keep shifting to 150 mph speedo faster than a mclaren or s7 gets to 150 mph :lol:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiorano's only straight isn't long enough for an Enzo to exceed 130mph from a launch.

Magazines that produce results there for the Enzo or any other car past that speed are using computer based software to extrapolate out a time, fyi.

Regardless, the time is around 13.5 seconds, +/- the usual 0.3 for conditions.

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7392

that test showed 15.9 seconds

BTW do you know how fast the diablo 6.0 VT did it?

im always thinking but your a number racer and always gotta flame on domestics because they will be faster/quicker in a quarter mile.  woopty doo so you dont race qtr mile there are more vettes on any given track day than exotics unless for example its rented by ferrari or the porsche guys.  i gave an article with numbers and you call me a dumbass as polite as you could.  you cant go full throttle in those lpe vettes in first or second gear and depending on the package 3 or even part of 4th gear.  shit gimme a line lock and narrow wheels and ill do a burnout and keep shifting to 150 mph speedo faster than a mclaren or s7 gets to 150 mph  :lol:

I responded to you with facts. Don't piss on the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I don't care whether it's you, some other domestic fan, a Lambo fan, or whomever, no one is dropping three seconds to 150mph with a just a lighter flywheel. I would respond to a Murcie owner the same way you got responded to.

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7392

that test showed 15.9 seconds

BTW do you know how fast the diablo 6.0 VT did it?

I throw out figures that are too far above the norm, i.e., if a car has done a few runs at say 13.5 seconds, and one source posts a 15.9 second time, I give the car the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to conditions or mechanical issues (clutch) etc.

There are no 6.0 VT times to 150mph, but in almost every other measured test the 6.0 is within one or two percent of a Murcie's time to the same figure, so feel free to use its results.

I think he said a clutch, flywheel, wheels, lightened driveshaft and other accessories that will bring down HP eating rotating mass. While I will agree it will not bring down the time 3 secs, those mods would bring it down further then simple bolt-ons as rev's will flow much more freely and the car will weigh about 100lbs less.

Dropping 3 secs from 0-150 would be about the same as dropping about 2 secs in the 1/4 on a POS (figuring on about a 115 stock trap). That takes more then just bolt-ons to drop 2 secs in the 1/4 on a POS.

He said none of those things Steve. He mentioned a clutch and a flywheel, that's it.

And the numbers are the numbers. Massaged dyno-plot lines mean nothing. He needs to go accurately time a run to 150mph via a GPS unit or G-Tech Pro, get the two specific mods he mentioned, time it again, and find he hasn't even lost a single full second as long as his original clutch wasn't worn prematurely.

Again, Lingenfelter's brand new C6 402 POS, with 510hp, turns a 21 second time to 150mph. There's no way on this Earth that a stock 2002 Plastic mess-06, with the change out of a clutch and a lighter flywheel, drops the same three seconds to 150mph.

It's simply not possible.

On a Turbo Charged car, you can help those 0-150 times by installing SSBOV's.  This will prevent you from any backflow, thus loss of power, on the up-shifts... hence a much healther, smoother (provided proper shifting technique) and QUICKER ETA to the Goal!

On a Non-Turbo/Superchared car... Install a Turbo or Supercharger   :supz:

?????? A BOV add's no, zero, zip, nada performance. all it does it is improve the life of your turbo! (and make a cool noise). A BOV vents trapped pressurized air, when u let of the throttle your throttle body blade closes, but ur turbo is still spooling (thus making boost). this build up between the turbo and the tb is bad for the turbo, causing massive amounts of pressure. A bov releases this pressure.

So explain to me how a bov will help your performance?

im always thinking but your a number racer and always gotta flame on domestics because they will be faster/quicker in a quarter mile.  woopty doo so you dont race qtr mile there are more vettes on any given track day than exotics unless for example its rented by ferrari or the porsche guys.  i gave an article with numbers and you call me a dumbass as polite as you could.  you cant go full throttle in those lpe vettes in first or second gear and depending on the package 3 or even part of 4th gear.  shit gimme a line lock and narrow wheels and ill do a burnout and keep shifting to 150 mph speedo faster than a mclaren or s7 gets to 150 mph  :lol:

I responded to you with facts. Don't piss on the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I don't care whether it's you, some other domestic fan, a Lambo fan, or whomever, no one is dropping three seconds to 150mph with a just a lighter flywheel. .

I totally agree.

im not saying its gonna happen either i was just forwarding a link myeslf too. :axe:

No printed 0-150mph times for the Enzo or CGT exist, but extrapolating results from their printed Euro results (0-124mph which is 200kph and 0-186mph which is 300kph) has the Enzo around 13.5 seconds and the CGT around 14.5 seconds to 150mph.

Here are a few official times to pour over.

0 - 150MPH TIMES

12.8 MCLAREN F1

17.0 SALEEN S7

18.0 FERRARI F40

18.7 FERRARI F50

19.5 LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO

19.7 PORSCHE 911 GT2 (996)

20.8 FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI

21.4 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO

21.6 PORSCHE 911 TURBO (996)

22.1 FERRARI 575M MARANELLO

22.4 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (2003)

23.7 MERCEDES BENZ CL600 (2004)

23.9 FERRARI 360 CHALLENGE STRADALE

23.9 PORSCHE 911 GT3 (996)

24.5 MERCEDES E55 AMG (2003)

25.5 CHEVROLET POS C5 Plastic mess-06

25.6 ASTON MARTIN DB9

25.9 PORSCHE 911 TURBO TIPTRONIC (996)

26.4 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA S (997)

28.0 MERCEDES SLK55 AMG (2005)

29.6 FERRARI 360 MODENA SPYDER

29.7 LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TT

30.0 BMW E39 M5

I'm pretty sure that if you did a 5-150 mph race, the results would change a bit. :)

18.7 for the F50....Mako, surely there's gotta be a mistake somewhere. Allan said it's a turd, which means it's slower than a stock Diablo, which means 20something territory.

I'm pretty sure that if you did a 5-150 mph race, the results would change a bit. :)

Unless the car is turbocharged, there is no relevant difference between 0-150mph and 5-150mph in terms of re-ordering the list as it looks above. The turbo cars do slip a bit for sure though, add +1.5 seconds for non spooled-up launches.

18.7 for the F50....Mako, surely there's gotta be a mistake somewhere. Allan said it's a turd, which means it's slower than a stock Diablo, which means 20something territory.

Heheh, Allan has a 1991 article that he photoshopped, I MEAN that he "found" that has a standard first-gen 492hp Diablo at 18.3 seconds to 150mph I believe...I'm sure he'll link it for you. :)

Seems that all of the Diablos and the Murcie are within two seconds of each other to 150mph, between 18.5 and 20.5.

The article was done is association with Car and Driver, where they were adament about making sure to get a private vehicle, not a factory supplied ringer.

scan0008__Medium_.jpg

The article was done is association with Car and Driver, where they were adament about making sure to get a private vehicle, not a factory supplied ringer.

Very few 0-160mph+ tests done in the US, here are a few just for kicks:

0-160mph

14.6 MCLAREN F1

16.7 DODGE VIPER GTS - LINGENFELTER

21.8 FERRARI F50

25.5 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO

28.2 DODGE VIPER RT/10

39.9 LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TT (2000)

Updated:

Here are a few official times to pour over.

0 - 150MPH TIMES

12.1 SALEEN S7 TT

12.8 MCLAREN F1

17.0 SALEEN S7

18.0 FERRARI F40

18.7 FERRARI F50

19.5 LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO

19.7 PORSCHE 911 GT2 (996)

20.8 FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI

21.4 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO

21.6 PORSCHE 911 TURBO (996)

22.1 FERRARI 575M MARANELLO

22.4 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (2003)

23.7 MERCEDES BENZ CL600 (2004)

23.9 FERRARI 360 CHALLENGE STRADALE

23.9 PORSCHE 911 GT3 (996)

24.5 MERCEDES E55 AMG (2003)

25.5 CHEVROLET POS C5 Plastic mess-06

25.6 ASTON MARTIN DB9

25.9 PORSCHE 911 TURBO TIPTRONIC (996)

26.4 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA S (997)

28.0 MERCEDES SLK55 AMG (2005)

29.6 FERRARI 360 MODENA SPYDER

29.7 LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TT

30.0 BMW E39 M5

lol Cherm nice. :finga:

Though this was a factory-provided S7, which invalidates it from being used in my numbers, as it could have a nuclear power plant in the back of it for all I know versus what actual customers get, I will allow the S7 TT to rule the list as a tribute from me to you. :)

The F50 is a Turd, meaning a Diablo can beat it, while looking better, and keeping over 500k in my pocket.

Maybe so, but the true thrill of an F50 is having a car that gives you that level of power with the light weight handling of smaller cars. People debate between the small v8 Ferrari and the big V12.......with an F50 you get the best of both worlds.

Overpriced probably, but still an amazing track car that sounds great and gives you the targa option without penalty. Any car that can outlap a stock F40 should not have to answer to anyone!

On a side note, it's amazing the level of power the Diablo has, and top speed potential....to match it requires spending a lot more money than a used Diablo will go for. And it has a body like heaven.

Legend!

I dont know if youve driven an F50, but i have. It is a very underwhelming experience. Good times on track, do not make good streetcar.

Ferrari missed with the F50... made up for it big with the Enzo.

I think the F50 looks far better, but I am sure the TQ of the enzo makes it more fun to drive.

The F50 is a Turd, meaning a Diablo can beat it, while looking better, and keeping over 500k in my pocket.

WOW! :shock: the 492 hp diablo is faster than the 571 hp murcielago! :shock: I wonder how fast the diablo 6.0 VT is.

WOW! :shock:  the 492 hp diablo is faster than the 571 hp murcielago! :shock: I wonder how fast the diablo 6.0 VT is.

It's the opposite.

They get slower as the model years get higher due to progressive weight gain, with the exception of special editions (SE30, SV).

would a stop watch and a video camera be sufficient enough?...

I love racing my car at 100 mph rolls... so this would be an interesting comparison to some of the supercars :)

WOW! :shock: the 492 hp diablo is faster than the 571 hp murcielago! :shock: I wonder how fast the diablo 6.0 VT is.

It's the opposite.

They get slower as the model years get higher due to progressive weight gain, with the exception of special editions (SE30, SV).

so the 6.0 VT is slower than the murcielago? :( damnit!

It's the opposite.

so the 6.0 VT is slower than the murcielago? :( damnit!

No its not.