Check out the New Road and Track

NetViper

I could see how your car could benefit from having to respool during upshifts at lower speeds (below 100) as I'm sure traction is an issue with the kind of power you're making. When the power comes on gradually you are much more likely to hold traction rather than shocking the tires with all of it at once. Its pretty cool you don't have to run one though... I got over the sounds they made when I was about 18 and I think going for sleeper status now is much more fun :twisted:. I'm sure a few people have been surprised to hear your car spool up after hearing no indication of a turbo beforehand...

As for the Saleen I remember reading they were going to build two TT versions. The first would be the non-intercooled version @ 5.5psi and 750hp. I also remembered reading about an intercooled version that was going to be coming out in the future that they claim will make 1000hp, but I cant seem to find anything on it now. What do you think is wrong with switching from hydraulic to solid lifters? I'm pretty sure this is to prevent valve float at higher rpm, but once again, I may be wrong.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one more for you MAKO:

0-154 for an F18 Hornet:  11.9  :mrgreen:

Its little faster than that.

Here is one more for you MAKO:

0-154 for an F18 Hornet:  11.9  :mrgreen:

Its little faster than that.

with the aid of a cat, sure, but im sure its actual 0-60 times suck. wonder if they let it do a combat take off...

I could see how your car could benefit from having to respool during upshifts at lower speeds (below 100) as I'm sure traction is an issue with the kind of power you're making.  When the power comes on gradually you are much more likely to hold traction rather than shocking the tires with all of it at once.  Its pretty cool you don't have to run one though... I got over the sounds they made when I was about 18 and I think going for sleeper status now is much more fun :twisted:.   I'm sure a few people have been surprised to hear your car spool up after hearing no indication of a turbo beforehand...  

As for the Saleen I remember reading they were going to build two TT versions.  The first would be the non-intercooled version @ 5.5psi and 750hp.  I also remembered reading about an intercooled version that was going to be coming out in the future that they claim will make 1000hp, but I cant seem to find anything on it now.  What do you think is wrong with switching from hydraulic to solid lifters?  I'm pretty sure this is to prevent valve float at higher rpm, but once again, I may be wrong.

I would think that a hydraulic lifter motor would be good to at least 7K without float, I can't see any reason why the S7 wuould need to turn any higher than that. The solid lifter motors from the past had to have the valves adjusted on a regular basis, unless Saleen has changed something I can't imagine having to make regular adjustments to the valves on a 550K car. LPE makes 800hp on a hydraulic lifter........ no matter what the S7 is one E-ticket ride!