11 second 355 Spyder

Ferrarislave

Sick, twin turbo setup, has 12,000 miles on the clock since the setup was done. Everything is holding up fine, stock engine internals, stock transmission. I think the owner stated his best run on drag radials or slicks was 10.9. Tell you the truth, I think the car is to fast, it gets no traction. Would definetly be a fun toy to have.

He misses a shift his first run, but comes back and manages to pull 11.3 @ 128mph.

Video Here

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Damn, no Time board to show us?? If he's running 11.3 with shitty ass driving, I could just imagine what he would be doing with a real driver behind the seat. I don't know..... :|

He is a pretty good drive, don't see why he was labled shitty, he misses a shift his first run. Next run is almost perfect, no time slip sorry just a view of the time on the board.

Good video.

Waste of money on that car. He would have been better off building another one of Mana's nuclear Vipers, or Wayne's Gallardo TT. Or just about anything else on the road. Much better off.

I agree, but he wanted a 355, I think he got the kit for free by the company for himt to test it.

Can't fit drag radials on a 355, rear brake calipers won't clear the wheels necessary to run the 16" tire. It could be road race slicks. Why is it a shitty car to do it to? The car has great suspension geometry and it only lacked in torque, which now it has. I think a 355 challenge would have been brutal. No lambo I know of to date except for the Gallardo has as good geometry as the 355, Roll centers are incredibly low, no scrub steer. I think I may be in the market for a performance car, but I think I'm leaning towards a cruiser/highway blaster/beautiful car. I don't need something tremendously tossable for the street. I was considering a 512TR or early Diablo, I will drive both shortly.

That I will not agree on, the 355 is one of the most beautiful cars ever to come out of Italy. The design is timeless, unlike a 95 diablo which definetly shows its age. Not bashing either brand here, but the 355 is pure sex on wheels. It may not have the best build quality, but its truely a work of art, design wise, and performance wise. Now days its performance is pretty much obsolete, but in 1995 it was one of the faster ones.

But the 355 is boring to look at.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. While the 360 and 430 bore me, everytime i see a 355 i drool. To this day it is the only topless car that i think looks better than its hardtop counterpart.

Don't get me wrong, a Diablo is much more attention grabbing, but F355s are gorgeous!

No ferrari bores me because i rarely see them here in this Hick town.

I personally think the 355 is starting to age. For years I loved the look of the car, but the last 2-3 times I have seen one, it does nothing for me. I think it has hit the wall. ](*,) We all have diferent taste

I personally think the 355 is starting to age.  For years I loved the look of the car,  but the last 2-3 times I have seen one, it does nothing for me.  I think it has hit the wall.  ](*,)  We all have diferent taste

Exactly.

Years ago the 355 was compelling, an example of Ferrari getting it right in terms of styling. And of course it that perception was helped by the bland/too tall/boring/frog-faced 360 that replaced it, which gave the departed F355 almost mythical status.

But all of the cars from the 90s have recently begun to age quickly for me, even pop-up headlights now seem passe and dated and I never thought I'd say that. Blame it on the Murcie and Gallardo, both are so far ahead of the game that they make everything else look 25 years old.

The F355 does nothing for me when I see it now, but it had a nice run.

It lacks the visual punch it used to have, but it's still a nice looking car (and still has a kick ass sound!).

I bet a lot of people would take a 483 HP F355 over a 483 HP F430.

:)

I still like the Popup headlamps compared with the new gen of cars that look like they have a face.

I've always been a bigger fan of the 360 than the 355, but I've yet to hear a car that sounds better than a 355. There are a couple Ferraris that come close in a different sense, but not quite.

last night the owner returned to say a few words...

the tt has had a birthday . It is now well over a year and still nothing has gone wrong mechanically.

simon has used some sonoco c16 racing fuel and for the record l stopped the test at 830hp .Only one problem exhaust manifold weld cracked .

Reason for doing test ,nothings going wrong so lets start pushing and the car feels easy. So far et best is 10.7 but if we get the time we may take the f355 out again . we have picked up a ford sponsered ute to run in compact racing so that has taken a lot of time .So far the ford turbo6 ute has made on th dyno 940hp with motec and c16.Anyway back to the 355 .The mark we wanted was 800hp and my turbo sucking baby did it easy.Other than that nothing to report from the 355tt.

I loved the 355 and thought it would never look dated...until I saw a 360, which I didnt like ths styling of as much, but is clearly far more modern. That being said ,the 355 was hot for a while in my eyes, and now its all lamborghini.