Driving impressions of the Challenge Stradale

Smash Boy

Lately, I have been liking this car more and more. Those with first hand experiences driving/riding in it, seem to like it a lot to. Save for the Enzo, probably the coolest Ferrari made in quite awhile. Probably more fun than a 430 as well.

I believe LV Eric owns one, and if i'm not mistaken, Mako had driven one as well.

Please share thoughts. I hear the braking is the best part of the car.

Guest SP_wEaZeL

I think Alex will post his thoughts. From what he's told me, he really liked the car. It's not just a 360 and doesn't drive like one either. I personally like the car as well. It's just a different feel and look compared to the regular Modena.

I can only comment on being a passenger in one, but it feels a lot more special then a stock 360. The interior is sooo good. I would prefer it over even the gallardo interior. It is just so cool. On one of the roads that we travelled along, it did tend to rub it's nose a few bit. But it did feel stable at high speeds, more so then a GT2 but not as confident as a Murcie or Gallardo. And the noise is glorious!

Curious if it lives up to Aram's expectations.....quite the snobby track car aficiniado.  :finga:   :mrgreen:

I haven't driven one on track yet so i cannot comment.I blew away a stradale on the street about a year ago.It was about 6 car lengths behind by the time i changed into 5th gear.

TRACK SNOB :finga: :finga: :finga: :finga:

• 3 weeks later...

I have owned an "04 Murcie, '04 GT3, '05 Gallardo, and an '04 996 tt w' X50, and the only one I wish I could keep for ever would be the CS. It is the only car to ever scare me, whether or not the others were faster in a straight line nothing could compare to the Stradale when its sucking itself to the pavement above 100mph. The suspension compresses, the motor is staining, the brakes glowing red, and the sensation of speed is unlike any car I've ever owned. The 430CS if made will be something, b/c t given more torque the car would be in a class by itself. That said I have to say the engine really loosend up once it got around 3500 miles on it, in fact driven back to back with the others only the 996 tt felt sig. faster.

This is the second Murcie owner/Gallardo driver in a week that's come on to PRAISE the performance and handling of a comparable Ferrari.

First it's Orange Murcie guy with his new 430 spyder...now it's Jim G who's representing flagship Lamborghinis and Porsches.

I'm still waiting for Allan, Mako, Aram, etc. to jump in and debate these claims...or maybe since they're coming from a Lambo owner they can't be challenged. :axe:

Is L/P truly as "brand-agnostic" as it's claimed to be? We'll find out. :mrgreen:

Just saying it the way it is, I am always very objective and give praise where it's due. Sorry...

This is the second Murcie owner/Gallardo driver in a week that's come on to PRAISE the performance and handling of a comparable Ferrari.  

First it's Orange Murcie guy with his new 430 spyder...now it's Jim G who's representing flagship Lamborghinis and Porsches.  

I'm still waiting for Allan, Mako, Aram, etc. to jump in and debate these claims...or maybe since they're coming from a Lambo owner they can't be challenged.   :axe:  

Is L/P truly as "brand-agnostic" as it's claimed to be? We'll find out.   :mrgreen:

I have not driven a 360CS, so i cant comment. I have driven a 360, and its not in the ballpark. Next week i will be driving Alex's 430, and I'll comment on that then. No matter what happens, it can be the best driving car in the world, it loses to the Lambo in 3 key points:

1. Looks.... The Gallardo is better looking. Not even close inmo. I also feel the 360CS is better looking then the 430.

2. Exclusivity. The Gallardo is more exclusive.

3. Dollar value. People are paying over 250K for loaded 430's. So for me, the fact I can buy a 04 Gallardo with 1,000 miles on it for 140K, maybe less, add wheels, body kit and exhaust, and have an additional 90K left over to buy a Countach, makes it a no brainer. Or how about buying a Gallardo and Ford Gt? Gallardo and SRT10 and money for mods.. How about just a little more and i get a Gallardo, Srt10 and a new Plastic mess-06? The 430 just doesnt stir my emotions the way a Gallardo does.

Its just not worth the money, no matter how you look at it.

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Ok..since I have driven a 360CS I can now comment. My experience with it was short, but long enough to get a feel for the car. The braking system is awesome. Once the ceramics are warmed up, braking is as easy as the paddle shifting. The shifting as well, is fantastic. It's fast and responsive. I love how it "power-shifts" and rev matches depending on up or down shifting. Throttle response is also great. Handling as well is just as good. Compared to the Murci, the handling and braking of the 360CS wins by far. Powerwise, the V12 and the V8 can't compare. The Murci means business. But, as of right now, sorry to say, the 360CS is one of my favorite exotic cars "driven."

-Mark

Murci and 360CS are 2 completely different cars. Braking and handling cannot be compared. To me, the Gallardo is like combination of both cars.

Both the G and the Murc is faster around the Ring, and that is the most important thing :finga:

The Ring is a respectable benchmark of performance, but it shouldn't be the only one.

As far as being a pure track car, the G & Murci are great, but not as good as the 360 CS. The Ring exploits HP big time, and the fact that neither the G nor the M ran away from the CS is a tribute to the CS's ability.

Need proof?

BMW X5 V12 Le Mans did the ring faster than the Murci!! Even if it was a few seconds slower, it's still ridiculous that an SUV lapped the ring under 8 minutes.

The Cayenne does the ring in 8:42 which is a very good time for that vehicle.

I was being a little sarcastic with my comment there, but you’re right about the Ring. The BMW X5 V12 Le Mans may have been fast, but it’s a concept SUV with friggin 700hp or something :roll:

Both the G and the Murc is faster around the Ring, and that is the most important thing :finga:

The Ring is a respectable benchmark of performance, but it shouldn't be the only one.

As far as being a pure track car, the G & Murci are great, but not as good as the 360 CS. The Ring exploits HP big time, and the fact that neither the G nor the M ran away from the CS is a tribute to the CS's ability.

Need proof?

BMW X5 V12 Le Mans did the ring faster than the Murci!! Even if it was a few seconds slower, it's still ridiculous that an SUV lapped the ring under 8 minutes.

The Cayenne does the ring in 8:42 which is a very good time for that vehicle.

Murci has lapped 7.43.5, the X5 has not. The Murci and Gallardo have also lapped Hockenheim faster than the 360CS.

[

Murci has lapped 7.43.5' date= the X5 has not. The Murci and Gallardo have also lapped Hockenheim faster than the 360CS.[/quote]

Haha...

I was mentioning that the mere fact that an SUV can be put in the same time bracket as a supercar is unbelievable.....wasn't nitpicking for lap times.

The Murci & Gallardo outlapping the 360 CS at Hockenheim is cool and all, but mostly because of the power advantage. Braking, handling, and steering feel go to the CS, according to those who have driven the car.

I'm still waiting for Allan, Mako, Aram, etc. to jump in and debate these claims...or maybe since they're coming from a Lambo owner they can't be challenged. :axe:

Is L/P truly as "brand-agnostic" as it's claimed to be? We'll find out. :mrgreen:

I have not driven a 360CS, so i cant comment. I have driven a 360, and its not in the ballpark. Next week i will be driving Alex's 430, and I'll comment on that then. No matter what happens, it can be the best driving car in the world, it loses to the Lambo in 3 key points:

1. Looks.... The Gallardo is better looking. Not even close inmo. I also feel the 360CS is better looking then the 430.

2. Exclusivity. The Gallardo is more exclusive.

3. Dollar value. People are paying over 250K for loaded 430's. So for me, the fact I can buy a 04 Gallardo with 1,000 miles on it for 140K, maybe less, add wheels, body kit and exhaust, and have an additional 90K left over to buy a Countach, makes it a no brainer. Or how about buying a Gallardo and Ford Gt? Gallardo and SRT10 and money for mods.. How about just a little more and i get a Gallardo, Srt10 and a new Plastic mess-06? The 430 just doesnt stir my emotions the way a Gallardo does.

Its just not worth the money, no matter how you look at it.

Agreed on these points. Although point #3 will become less important with time.

Sorry Goliath, not biting. You started this thread to troll, as nobody's answer seems to be good enough for you based on your responses unless it's 100% pro-360CS.

Go drive one and all your questions will be answered.

Fishing%20010.jpg

Sorry Goliath, not biting. You started this thread to troll, as nobody's answer seems to be good enough for you based on your responses unless it's 100% pro-360CS.

Go drive one and all your questions will be answered.

Fishing%20010.jpg

Ummm.....no.

I don't start anything to TROLL at all. If trolling is defined as "any resistance to whatever Mako, Allan-Lambo" say, then sure, I TROLL when necessary! :mrgreen:

If you re-read the subject it says DRIVING IMPRESSIONS of the CS...not "Would you take it over these other cars?" or " Is it a good value?". Leave it to your boy A-L to take the thread in his direction, as always, to which I responded to.

I personally wouldn't spend the kind of money it takes to get a CS. I like the car, but don't love it to death. About the only thing special about the car is the way it feels. And so I'd like to hear more about it

Those who responded on driving *impressions*, weren't contested. Driving impressions also, does not constitute lap times either (re: the Ring comments).

Any opportunity to put down Ferrari is exploited on this board, and you'd be hard pressed to disagree.

I will agree with your final sentence however, and I think 90% of what you see on the net will never tell the true story, unfortunately.