Help me get into a G...

m32

Hi LP,

I spoke with Porter to make sure a thread like this is acceptable and he said it should be ok so here goes.

Recently, I have started to think about getting a 05-06 Gallardo (preferably 06). I'm currently researching on here the options and such so I haven't decided what options are a must have for me but my current color choices are balloon white, black and then orange (hook 'em horns! :) ).

Anyway, my current stable of cars are:

1966 Austin cooper

1988 Cooper

2000 Lexus GS300 (Daily driver)

2006 RRS HSE

2001 Porsche Turbo.

The Porsche as I posted here sits in the garage every day except for me taking it out on the weekends once or twice. The range rover sport sits in the driveway and rarely gets driven unless I go on weekend trips to see my family in Austin or if I need to ship some things.

To make a long story short, I have decided to consolidate and get rid of the porsche and range rover sport and try to get into the gallardo.

My question is two-fold

1) Should I sell the cars privately (ebay/autotrader) which I hope will net me close to $95 - 100k or try to find a gallardo owner that is willing to do a two for one trade? I know it's a LONG shot to find an owner that's willing to let go of a nice white gallardo in exchange for two cars but I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask.

2) If you were the lambo owner, would you consider this a fair/attractive/interesting proposition or should I not waste my time and just sell the cars?

Just for reference, here are my vehicles in question (both are in mint condition/accident free and carfax clean)

2006 Range Rover Sport HSE (20k miles)

Mods:

Arden front and rear apron (with Piaa fogs)

22" DPE S5 (Brushed with Chrome lip)

Brembo GT front and rear brake kit

Overfinch exhaust with custom quad tips

Powdercoated side steps

3896867424_905d335235_b.jpg

3897057904_10da00fe14_b.jpg

Porsche Turbo

19" 360 Forged Mesh8

Precision Porsche TA side skirts, rear duct splitters and rear bumper (not pictured)

MISHA TA front

Strosek rear wing

Cargraphic exhaust

FVD CF steering wheel

Tequipment roll bar

Eclipse Double din Nav

K16g turbo upgrade by Blouch

EPL tune

3824013997_4f4422cc49_b.jpg

3823995101_29c2ca92fb_b.jpg

Thanks for your time and input!

Edwin

Your cars look nice and clean, but I very seriously doubt you'll get someone to trade. Additionally you'll really limit yourself to the gallardo's available to you.

You will get good advice. These guys on here are VERY sharp.

I appreciate the help. I need a reality check to help me weigh out my options. Thanks!

Edwin

First of all, forget about getting $95k for both of them (won't happen)....Trying to trade will take you another year to even get any interest (if any). Sell them quick, go $40k-$40k for each one, put another 15-25K in to get a Gallardo. you're done.. '06s will run you 125k or so, anything in the 100s will be an 04-05. It's the same car 10,000-25,000 miles means its well broken in and lubed right, get the clutch system upgraded, Larini Exhaust no cats, and you're running with '06s-08s anyways...RSC bumper if you want, and your looking BETTER than a standard G. Save your money for the mods/upgrades.

OR sell them all but the Lexus and you can get it TT'd as well. THEN you have one of the baddest cars on the planet!!! :icon_thumleft:

Sell the Range and 996TT as mentioned above for $80,000 total, and you arent very far off 04 prices with 10,000 or so miles. Just try and get a 6-speed and dont worry about the color (Orange/Yellow-seem to have highest resale), unless you can afford 06+ prices with the upgraded e-gear. You can probably nab a REALLY good example 04 for right around $85,000-$95,000 depending upon price, color, options, and mileage.

First of all, forget about getting $95k for both of them (won't happen)....Trying to trade will take you another year to even get any interest (if any). Sell them quick, go $40k-$40k for each one, put another 15-25K in to get a Gallardo. you're done.. '06s will run you 125k or so, anything in the 100s will be an 04-05. It's the same car 10,000-25,000 miles means its well broken in and lubed right, get the clutch system upgraded, Larini Exhaust no cats, and you're running with '06s-08s anyways...RSC bumper if you want, and your looking BETTER than a standard G. Save your money for the mods/upgrades.

Maybe $95k is wishful but I think I can come close. $80k is certainly reasonable if I'm looking for a quick sale. you're right though... a trade will prob take forever (if at all) and yes, RSC bumper is definitely on the "want" list

Sell the Range and 996TT as mentioned above for $80,000 total, and you arent very far off 04 prices with 10,000 or so miles. Just try and get a 6-speed and dont worry about the color (Orange/Yellow-seem to have highest resale), unless you can afford 06+ prices with the upgraded e-gear. You can probably nab a REALLY good example 04 for right around $85,000-$95,000 depending upon price, color, options, and mileage.

Great point. Based on my research and talking to some, I have read to stay away from Egear in the 04-05 years and also the 04 -05's have electrical gremlins. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Thanks!

Edwin

Maybe $95k is wishful but I think I can come close. $80k is certainly reasonable if I'm looking for a quick sale. you're right though... a trade will prob take forever (if at all) and yes, RSC bumper is definitely on the "want" list

Great point. Based on my research and talking to some, I have read to stay away from Egear in the 04-05 years and also the 04 -05's have electrical gremlins. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Thanks!

Edwin

My 04 has been bulletproof... but it's a later vin # 04 and a 6 speed...

Edwin

I have never heard of any electricial issues in 04/05's... I use to own an 05 e-gear and the e-gear in my 08 is certainly a lot better. The 06 has shorter gearing which makes the car feel a bit faster than an 05 as well.

Definitely market your cars , they look like really desirable units besides with cash in hand you'll find the car and the deal .

You did not mention the miles on the Porsche, but I have a friend looking for a nice 996TT. Please PM me details and what you are looking for on this one. Beautifyul cars, tastefully modded. Good luck on your search for the Gallardo!

That Range is real sweet....I scoped it at the Coffee and Cars meet about a month or two ago.

Good luck with your sales/trades.

Thanks for the kind words Mike! Did you make it to the C&C last weekend? I was going to take out the porsche but after the "snow storm" :icon_mrgreen: I didn't know want to take it out since it was just detailed.

My 04 has been bulletproof... but it's a later vin # 04 and a 6 speed...

I have never heard of any electricial issues in 04/05's... I use to own an 05 e-gear and the e-gear in my 08 is certainly a lot better. The 06 has shorter gearing which makes the car feel a bit faster than an 05 as well.

Good to know! I think I will be sticking with 6speed for now. Egear is an attractive feature but I am a little reserved b/c it seems like the 04 and early 05 models have had some issues.

Oh I like the RR!!

I agree with the others, sell them privately. You'd have a hard time getting someone to trade for a car let alone 2.

Shawn, I think everyone is right. I will sell them privately and wait patiently for the right G for me. I think the only way I can trade is with a dealership-type company and I'm sure I'll be losing a lot on the trade.

Definitely market your cars , they look like really desirable units besides with cash in hand you'll find the car and the deal .

Thanks champ. I'll be posting the porsche up for sale shortly on autotrader/ebay.

My 05 Gallardo is for sale...check it out and let's put something together...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...c=44614&hl=

Love your gallardo and thank you for the link. Unfortunately, green is not my first color choice so I'll have to decline. Best on the sale!

1. I love your Range Rover, a real bodyguard car !

2. You should invest the extra money in a 06 and newer!

Monaco, I think I will be aiming for an 2006. Does anyone know when the gallardo is due for a remodel?

You did not mention the miles on the Porsche, but I have a friend looking for a nice 996TT. Please PM me details and what you are looking for on this one. Beautifyul cars, tastefully modded. Good luck on your search for the Gallardo!

Liquid, the porsche has under 23k miles and has never been in an accident. I have a folder of service records from the previous owner (Ex-Wamu executive) and I have owned the car a little over a year and have put less than 1500 miles on it. I will pm you the details. Thanks!

We'll only help you get into a G if you stop signing your posts Edwin :thefinger: :lol2:

Haha... I appreciate all the help Porter!

Eduardo :icon_thumleft:

Haha... I appreciate all the help Porter!

Eduardo :icon_thumleft:

Our pleasure. You're a good fit for here it seems.

I'm with the other guys - sell your cars privately to squeeze a few more dollars out unless you have more money than time. Mods can have up to 100% depreciation so you've gotta be patient to find the right guy for the vehicle. The trade aspect is attractive to you but really cuts down on your audience. In this market you need as many people looking at your gear as possible.

Regarding the Lambo aspect, both Gs and Ms in 04 had jerky egears. Software upgrades were helpful but they started getting better by 06. I'd buy the newest G you can afford in 6-speed and call it a day.

If you're serious throw up an ad in our Classified section. Lots of users farm there and don't check the other subforums.

porter

edit: porter

- porter

Our pleasure. You're a good fit for here it seems.

I'm with the other guys - sell your cars privately to squeeze a few more dollars out unless you have more money than time. Mods can have up to 100% depreciation so you've gotta be patient to find the right guy for the vehicle. The trade aspect is attractive to you but really cuts down on your audience. In this market you need as many people looking at your gear as possible.

Regarding the Lambo aspect, both Gs and Ms in 04 had jerky egears. Software upgrades were helpful but they started getting better by 06. I'd buy the newest G you can afford in 6-speed and call it a day.

If you're serious throw up an ad in our Classified section. Lots of users farm there and don't check the other subforums.

porter

edit: porter

- porter

Thanks Porter! I am working on the FS thread right now for the RRS and will post up the Porshce next week. I don't have any updated pictures of the car with it's last round of mods. Thanks for your input... I think I will be aiming for an 06 6speed.

Does anyone know what year did the white come available?

Edwin

Monaco, I think I will be aiming for an 2006. Does anyone know when the gallardo is due for a remodel?

I believe the remodel just happened. 2009 LP560-4.

Gentlemen, that's considered a remodel isn't it? New nose, new engine, new lighting (frt/bck), new E-gear?

Hey Ed....yeah I went out thinking 'maybe' some die hard guys would show and surprisingly a few did. It wasn't how it was normally but it was mostly the vettes/camaros/mustangs/srt8-10s. I was with my mechanic and his F355.

Later in the day a guy showed up with a Balloon White '08 Gallardo Spyder that he just bought trying to get used to his E-Gear.

• 5 months later...

Update: Ok guys/gals...it's been a long journey but it seems my porsche finally sold on ebay today. Only thing is the bidder is in Switzerland. Does anyone have any experience selling a car to an overseas buyer? What can I do to protect myself (financially and from liability) besides making sure the funds clear and signing the title over to him? Thanks!

Edwin

Bank Transfer is best if you can get it. He will likely want ebay or other escrow. Or LC (letter of credit). If you do not know what you are doing, get help! it gets very specific, and rules are tight.

You need to get guaranteed funds one way or another, and the guy has to be guaranteed that he will get your car.

There are companies that do this kind of paperwork for you, so you do not have to. Google them. Careful, some escrow companies on the net are phony, and work with buyers to scam sellers. You should ONLY use a well known company. Again, google away.

Better yet, get the guy to fly over here and pick it up, so you do not have to ship it, and get a certified check drawn on a US bank. Presto! Done deal...Easy..... not.