Need some help with Gallardo history, 2004 to 2010

Andrew R.

What significant things happened each year? I need to figure out what happen each year of its existence...

2004: First model of the Gallardo went on sale

2005:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009: LP550-2 Balboni Edition

2010: LP570-4 Superleggera

Thanks for the quick reply! LamboCars is AWESOME.... but for the model dates and such, I am not sure it is all listed.

Do you know the big spots lights of the Gallardo off the top of your head?

Worth stretching to an 06+ plate IMHO for the revisions.

:iamwithstupid:

The big power jumps were in 06, 08, and 09 (LP560). Not necessarily in rated published HP, but actual real-world far improved acceleration times.

The biggest changes in the 06 revisions in my mind were the 20-25% faster steering (lock-to-lock turns decreased to improve reaction to inputs) and the much shorter 1st and 2nd gear ratios (lowered max mph at redline to improve clutch wear around town and as with the steering change make the car feel more alive).

Navigation and rear-view cam also first became available (though not standard) in 06.

Some corrections to gasman's nice list including all SEs being MY06 despite being manufactured in late 05. No such thing as an 05 SE for the lurkers in the market for these cars.

05 - Front end lift intro

06 - spyder intro, SE intro, increased power, improved steering ratio, revised gearing, navigation/back-up cam.

08 - superleggera

09 - lp 560-4

10 - lp 550-2

11 - lp 570-4 SL (have to verify but I believe all SLs are are designated by the factory as model year 2011 despite being mfg'd in 2010).

Was the clear bonnet always an option from 04 on?

I was wondering that myself during my post, trying to recall when exactly it first hit the option list. I'm thinking it was part of the large MY06 changes, when big ticket items like nav and rear-view cam were brought on. :eusa_think:

I was wondering that myself during my post, trying to recall when exactly it first hit the option list. I'm thinking it was part of the large MY06 changes, when big ticket items like nav and rear-view cam were brought on. :eusa_think:

It was a late build 04 option, maybe about the last 100-200 cars were able to get the clear bonnet.

Nav was available on the late 05's, too - Not sure about the rear view cam...That may be 06+ only.

CCB's first appeared in 07, I think.

It was a late build 04 option, maybe about the last 100-200 cars were able to get the clear bonnet.

Nav was available on the late 05's, too - Not sure about the rear view cam...That may be 06+ only.

I had a black '04 egear with a glass bonnet. I still have my VIN somewhere but I don't think it was a late build.

Good addition with the CCB year, forgot about that.

I recall the "Nera" being the first G-car to be offered with them as an option, which makes 2007 accurate if true. :icon_thumleft:

I always thought Gallardo SE firstly got the glass bonnet, so it was option from MY06...

It was late 04. Good call on the 07 Nera Mako, forgot about that special edition.

• 5 weeks later...
:iamwithstupid:

The big power jumps were in 06, 08, and 09 (LP560). Not necessarily in rated published HP, but actual real-world far improved acceleration times.

The biggest changes in the 06 revisions in my mind were the 20-25% faster steering (lock-to-lock turns decreased to improve reaction to inputs) and the much shorter 1st and 2nd gear ratios (lowered max mph at redline to improve clutch wear around town and as with the steering change make the car feel more alive).

Navigation and rear-view cam also first became available (though not standard) in 06.

Some corrections to gasman's nice list including all SEs being MY06 despite being manufactured in late 05. No such thing as an 05 SE for the lurkers in the market for these cars.

05 - Front end lift intro

06 - spyder intro, SE intro, increased power, improved steering ratio, revised gearing, navigation/back-up cam.

08 - superleggera

09 - lp 560-4

10 - lp 550-2

11 - lp 570-4 SL (have to verify but I believe all SLs are are designated by the factory as model year 2011 despite being mfg'd in 2010).

Do you have the production numbers for 2004. I would like to know just how many were built that year.

Late MY04 G had the glass bonnet option for sure. The rear camera first appeared in the SE. It was supposedly a MY06 but was actually built in 05.

I had the 04 coupe Detroit Auto car I bought after the show - Ohh those were exciting days.

Clear Bonnet was later 04 models

Lift system was 05 as mentioned

Color options was much more in 05 than 04 (06 was when the 2 white colors were offered if I remember)

Nav and rear camera was 05 if I remember correctly.

Different exhaust config happened in 07 - thus when you do the little exhaust mod the CEL kicks on the 07's.

Had the sports seat and comfort seat package option in 06 and onward.

Also you had the smokers package and cup holder option in 07 and onward (might have been 06, but I would have to pull the spec/select sheets to verify).

Carbon Fiber options for engine, interior, etc. I think that was 06.

Blue tooth came as an option in 06 as well

Of course you had the various wheel options (1 in 04 and 05) then 2 in 06 - 08, they dropped the original wheel in 08 I believe and had the two you have option for today (standard). (not going to try and remember the names - I get them messed up).

3 year warranty came in 08 - where 07 and previous had the 2 year warranty

Didn't the 04's come with a P-Zero and then the later came with Rossa's? (or was there an option). I don't remember specifically.

My 04 did not have that little storage thing on the drivers side (like my 07 spyder has) - I think that was new in 06?

I think the 04 and 05 had a 2 year 24000 mile warranty, the 06 - 07 went to (officially or unofficially) a 2 year unlimited. Then as mentioned the 3 year warranty in 08 and beyond.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

To clarify, the exhaust plumbing changed in '06, not '07. But in '07 they tightened up the engine controls and CEL's became common if you tinkered with the exhaust.

The '06 still had 24,000 mile limit on the warranty.